Chun is a Procrastinating Deviant Update - 8/04/08

Started by Chun, November 29, 2007, 06:56:39 AM

Sunara Ishi

Akiha looks good. The hand could be fixed a bit but that only requires you to lower that upper left corner (where it is kinda jagged) into a smoother curve. And the upper left corner of the kimino should be sitting on her shoulder more. Unless that stuff below is fabric; in that case, create a break between the two lines on that upper edge. (I think it would be best to shorten that middle line near her neck and have a break between that and the downward stroke on her kimono)

You probably haven't heard this, but treat the rest of your picture with the same focus as what's in the foreground. If you don't, the background will distract viewers and the focus will not be where you want it to be.

Its good to learn how to draw anatomy correctly and all that good stuff but that doesn't mean you always have to. Not all the best art is realistic like that. You can have great art that is way off. Its not like chibis and all these other cool anime art follows such rules.

It seems often said and assumed that once you know the rules and have them down; when you break them, your art is much better than if you had never learned the rules in the first place.

That being said, jeez... I really need to set up a Deviant art account for myself. XD;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on March 09, 2008, 08:19:09 PM
That being said, jeez... I really need to set up a Deviant art account for myself. XD;

Nah, DA has been trashed as of recently. It's looking more like MySpace/CGL, full of weeaboo drama and art-stealing, and pompous artists if they get enough page-views. It's probably better to just have your own art site.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 08, 2008, 06:28:21 PM
Quote from: short_storiesgl on March 08, 2008, 03:41:08 PM

Original sketch: http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee298/shoegazer_tokyo/chuntojunchan_sketch.jpg

Hope you find this post soon.

- Jun-chan
since this is a thread for criticism, may i say i FEEL that the eyes on the girl are a bit too far to the sides? if you're trying to make a 1/4 angle image, i'm having trouble seeing it.  considering the art style, i don't see anything wrong with the guy, but the girl's face feels like the parts are misplaced.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Jun-Watarase

Yeah, I already figured out what was wrong with the eye placement, but I'm really not used to working with my tablet, so far. I do amateur CGs-- not really capable of drawing, to be honest. Here's one of my favorites that I've CGed, but it isn't my lineart.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

JTchinoy

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on March 20, 2008, 11:16:43 PM
Yeah, I already figured out what was wrong with the eye placement, but I'm really not used to working with my tablet, so far. I do amateur CGs-- not really capable of drawing, to be honest. Here's one of my favorites that I've CGed, but it isn't my lineart.

fap fap fap fap

j/k.

seriously though, that's very good CG for "amateur" CG.

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

IshokuOsero

People have already mentioned that the proportions and everything are off, so I'll just agree with them, and say yes, practice does make perfect! Keep up the good work~ and I'm sure you'll find yourself drawing professionally in no time! Try working on realism artworks, also. I've noticed that the more I work with realism, the better my anime becomes, because then I learn more proportions and new poses from my realism work. All my artwork has improved tenfold since I started working with realism too, so definitely give it a shot!

http://shadowkitten05.deviantart.com , since everyone seems to be posting their dA accounts here... and to prove I'm not talking out of my ass when I say realism does help a lot. ~

Chun

I've updated my profile with a couple of things. Do check them out if you like.

http://ffovchun.deviantart.com

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Jun-Watarase

Anatomy needs a lot of work (especially feminine anatomy, eg hips, shoulders, waist, bust, bone structure), and inked drawings need to be clean enough so the sketch before it isn't visible. It's progress, though, and practice makes improvements!

FanimaidCafe.com

Shinsengumi

WOW :o, not bad, I like it  ;D
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jun-Watarase

Thanks! Though, looking back on it, it's not nearly as good as the artists who actually do this as a hobby, though.

FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Wait, I know what CG means (computer graphics, right?) but what exactly did you CG?

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on May 10, 2008, 03:41:15 PM
Wait, I know what CG means (computer graphics, right?) but what exactly did you CG?

The... image? I sure as hell didn't do that with crayons. lol

FanimaidCafe.com

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

Damit, I really hate being slow sometimes-.-. What on the image did you CG, I should say.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on May 10, 2008, 08:20:25 PM
Damit, I really hate being slow sometimes-.-. What on the image did you CG, I should say.

I CGed both images on this page of the thread. The one of me and Chun I drew and colored on SAI. The picture of Yoko, I found line art of and CGed with Open Canvas.

FanimaidCafe.com

lacus

The CG coloring is very well done, It's better than a lot of the amateur CG artists doing. I especially like the how you colored the legs and the highlights of her hair.

When I just started drawing CG, I was opposite to your case - I like my lineart a lot but the CGing part was not very good.
But from what i've seen from other amateur CG artists and myself, the CG learning progress of most artists is only about 0.5-1 year.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: lacus on May 11, 2008, 10:56:09 AM
The CG coloring is very well done, It's better than a lot of the amateur CG artists doing. I especially like the how you colored the legs and the highlights of her hair.

When I just started drawing CG, I was opposite to your case - I like my lineart a lot but the CGing part was not very good.
But from what i've seen from other amateur CG artists and myself, the CG learning progress of most artists is only about 0.5-1 year.

Thanks! I love your work though. That Sentimental Graffiti piece is mindblowing.

But honestly, I only CG when I'm really bored and in the mood for it. I never actually practice, and picked it up rather quickly. I don't really have any more skills other than coloring via airbrush, shading, highlighting, and erasing in a basic fashion. XD

FanimaidCafe.com

Chun

In preparation for character designs for my future Visual Novel, I present another piece.

I heard about the Nanoha Movie coming out soon, so I figured I might as well get some practice with my pen set.

http://ffovchun.deviantart.com/art/Higurashi-no-Na-noha-Koro-Ni-93810282

It's a Nanoha drawing, a bit better than my previous works, I hope.

I can't CG for my life orz.

~Chun

JohnnyAR

ding ding ding, you kickass!

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JohnnyAR on September 19, 2008, 10:45:58 PM

[yoko cg]

ding ding ding, you kickass!

Quote from: Shinsengumi on May 10, 2008, 02:55:11 PM
WOW :o, not bad, I like it  ;D

Quote from: JTchinoy on March 21, 2008, 01:52:37 PM
fap fap fap fap

j/k.

seriously though, that's very good CG for "amateur" CG.

Thank you! I wonder if I have improved. It feels like I did these so long ago and I could pick out so many flaws. Bleh. :|

ffff, I feel kind of bad for hijacking Chun's thread. w

FanimaidCafe.com

Chun

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on September 20, 2008, 03:09:07 AM
ffff, I feel kind of bad for hijacking Chun's thread. w

Every time I get a comment on the thread, I think, oh someone commented on my work!

And I meet LIEZ. ;_; I was serious.

/wrist

lol no worries, I guess I just don't attract attention orz Still, from August 04, 2008, 12:24:51 PM to get a reply like that yesterday really sucks, I'm not going to lie.

~Chun