Vending License help for fanime x3

Started by may_shall_win, November 30, 2007, 06:09:18 PM

may_shall_win

Okay so i want to like sell stuff at fanime but i think id need like a vending license to do this and a table how do i get one? TT^TT help mee please Dx

Tony

Grab a cup of coffee and parse this!

http://www.boe.ca.gov/info/reg.htm

The short answer is, fill this out http://www.boe.ca.gov/pdf/boe400spa.pdf and send it in. Then get in touch of the Dealers liaison ([email protected]) if you're seriously selling, or the Artist Colony liaison ([email protected]) if you'll just be selling your own things. They'll give you more specific rules.

It's a headache at first, but a great learning experience. Good luck!
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

may_shall_win

oooo i see thank you.  waiit... what would happen if you dont have a drivers license? Dx

sunrise-oasis

you can try using your California State id...
the one thing they might ask you is well im doing one as well but mines is more of the artist alley, if your going to sell at the dealers room...oh boy i don't know how to tell you how XD...
still
maybe heres a tutorial..maybe someone else can also check me up since I call them...
First off is...your permit type..
for fanime im going to choose Temporary because Fanime is only a few days,,,,,

2) ownership : Sole Owner Because im going to be incharge of the Business...
***Note:::if your going as a group, and you chose yourself as the owner, and the rest as members, your permit will display " your name ", "ET AL", it means that your friends are already registered. so you don't have to worry about where your friends names are.!!! [color] IF FANIME SAYS SOMETHING THAT THEY ARE NOT REGISTERED ON THE PERMIT, MAKE THEM CALL THE BOARD OF EQUALIZATION.  I KNOW THEY ARE REGISTERED VIA THIER COMPUTER. If not contact me so i can knock some sense into them!>_<!

*note to staff members of Fanime, I have this feeling that you may turn down their applications becuase of the permit not having their names!!!!!*

3) YOur name
4)the state you live in
5)your business name (I assume its the name of your store :P)
6)your date of business starts on the 23rd of May (maybe early not sure but fanime starts on the 23rd)

7)you don't have to put this in so put N/A because I called them and they said I don't have to fill it in!
8: same thing, just put N/a    (Not Applicable,thats what it means)

9-17 (and some repeats XD):::
This part you need your name, and social security they will NEED that info for verification. Also your Driver's license #ID. (if your don't have a Driver's License, you can use your I.d. (Identification Card #) instead.)

The other rest is just for how many people you want to add on to join selling (however they also have to put their Social Security and Driver/license

BIG BIG NOTE*** THEY WILL ASK FOR A COPY OF yours(including your friends if they are signed in the form) ID/License for more Authentic reasonings****

#36: I was suggested to choose Retail because im selling my artworks
#37: 1   (because theres only one fanime XD)
#38: they need to know what your selling
#39: Part time!
#40: your address (normally i don't know but i put mines twice just to be sure of myself O_O!
#41: Phone number,
42: your mailing address
43": if you have a fax put it..otherwise leave it blank
44: if you have a website put it there, or leave it blank
45: EMail address if you have any
46:NO, your not making internet sales  (however if you are, then put yes )
47-48-49: N/a    n/a      N/A  you don't need your landlord for this...
50: this one you need to guess how much you think your going to make...
51: same thing as 50 so just put the same number as you put on #50
52-55: NO NO NO and NO your not selling alchole so leave that blank

OFF TO PAGE 2 ^ ^!!!!!!!!!

sunrise-oasis

56: name of going to keep your records....
57: and his address
58: and your phone number
59" the bank name you have....
60: your banks address
61: You don't need a Card so put a N/a, besides your not making Atm transactions
62: same thing, N/A
63: Where did you purchase your items from????(or supplies like , i got mines from Daiso, and Japan town..
64: where did they come from (address of where you purchased your items)
65 and they wanted to know what did you buy, paper?

66 ignore it because your doing one business and thats fanime...

67: NO
68 NO

I skip the rest because i chose temporarily

75: Fanime starts at 5/23/08 - 5/26/08
76: they need to know how much your going to make...
77: TABLES NOW COST $20 T_T..>ARGHHHHHHH!!!!
78  YES, because you just purcahsed a ticket O_O!
79-80: FanimeCON  798 Auzerais Ave, San jose, California, 95126
81: This is optional!!! if you found Anime resources group's number, put it there, if not Don't put it!!! (please be advise that the convention phone number may be use but fanime does'nt own the convention, they are renting it. pretty sure the members of BOE will irgnore this since you wrote down the address!!!!
82: San Jose Mc Enery Convention center, 150 west carlos st., San jose, California, 95113
And the last part is the easy one which is signatures...

This is how far I gotten..hopefully i can get more info to double check but its what i wrote down..hopefully this helps for everyone......

Big note:::
It is alot better to go to their office, they will give you the permit immediatly to you!, its alot better than mailing it to you ebcause you have to wait for 2 weeks. (not sure why -_-! but I live in san francisco so i go to their office. (san francisco's office of BOE reminds me of the dmv..just...NO PEOPLE ARE THERE O_O!....))))

p.s. I had to make two responses because the second page wont fit correctly!!! (apparently i keep hearing a chime saying i can't type more)

may_shall_win

D: thank you soooo much D:< why is this so complicated

Tur713

Do they charge for the license? Or is this just for their records? ???
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

sunrise-oasis

I really don't know tobe honest...
I think they want to know how much money your going to make as an estimate..of course you have to be charged for getting the table but i don't know if Fanime/government want some of the money you already made......
This is also my first time and im doing the best that i can..but thank you for liking this post since FANIME staff are very very hard to coop with!

AS fo the sellers Permit: i just recently called them and they said NO, we will not charge you for Temporarily Sellers permits. (So what this means is, FREE!!!!!))))

ALSO BIG BIG NOTE!!!!!
I got a rejected one because I forgot one important thing..COPY OF MY FRIENDS AND My ID/Licenses T_T!!!!!!!!! SO now i have to restart all over again >_<!!!!

OKay im pretty sure this form is done so YES you can use your ID card instead of a drivers license..and choose PART TIME ^ ^!!!!

Tony

Quote from: sunrise-oasis on January 08, 2008, 03:27:00 PM
I think they want to know how much money your going to make as an estimate..of course you have to be charged for getting the table but i don't know if Fanime/government want some of the money you already made......
Fanime doesn't take a cut. It's strictly for the government, for taxes. So if you estimate a lot in sales, they'll be expecting a nice fat check come April. Whatever you do, keep track of what you sell and be honest. Record what you sold, for how much, and when. You can buy a receipt book at some office supply stores, which are really handy.

QuoteThis is also my first time and im doing the best that i can..but thank you for liking this post since FANIME staff are very very hard to coop with!
Sorry we can't help more. I don't mean to be a jerk, but it's really important that you learn this stuff yourself. I don't think you want the tax man knocking on your door, angry because we told you the wrong way to fill it out... because ultimately you will be responsible.

That said, you should be proud for figuring it out! You're on your way to small business ownership!  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

sunrise-oasis

Gee i guess that kinda explains alot of things regarding about the help and advises O_O!......

Thanks for the info about keeping track on records and sales however..this is kinda the problem..I really don't know how much im going to really make...serisously because alot of costumers CAN be picky!!!!! still never hurts to call them and tell them the news -_-!....
but thanks for the info.....!

tasan84

OMG!! *hug* T_T Thank you so much I having a HARD time filling this application out! >_<

About the taxes issue its so confusing. I had to ask several people about that and I got was make sure whatever you fill out make copies. Keep track of your sells for the future.

sunrise-oasis

Okay i like how this form is very veyr vague...and requires alot of help -_-! so i may need to add some more info....

ARTIST ALLEY TABLE AGREEMENT:: things should know!!!!!!!!

name: you insert your name ^ ^!'
Address: Where do you live ^ ^!
Email address:  I assume its crutial in order to contact you....
City: the name of your city
State: the name of your state
Zip: your zip code
Fanime con membership #: this can only be available through your account number, you can find this by going to register button and then login! should see your badge number there

Sellers permit: your sellers permit number should be located on the top left corner. (should say ACCOUNT NUMBER)

Table fee's
you can only have 2 tables. since today is the januray month, you shuold check the $20.00 one. This will be for the entire weekend.

if you miss this then you have to pay a huge hefty price of 25 dollars a day! which is really realluy bad. GET THE $20.00 ASAP!!!!

Seating will charted by who ever registered the earliest to the latest.... Afterwards you can/might ask permission to change tables or seatings!!!!!

From stacy L:::
if you purchase 2 tables you can choose the configuration when we send the seating chart around
the seating chart is not set yet
but this is the genral look of the rows

heres how its going to look::::

Walk way
==== ====Tables ==== ==== 
o o     o o  Chairs   o o    o o
                Walk way

Walk way
                Walk way

Walk way
                Walk way

(etc..etc...)

so basically ONE table will hold 2 chairs!
ALso note, THere are NO table ends!!!!!!

Example:::  (((no END tables)))

Walk way
==== ====Tables ==== ====  ||
o o     o o  Chairs   o o    o o      ||
                                              o   T
                                              o   a
                                              o   b
                                              o   l
                                              o   e
                                              o   s
                                              o   ||
                                              o   ||
o o     o o  Chairs   o o    o o      ||
==== ====Tables ==== ====  ||
                Walk way

Electricity:: RIGHT NOW there is a negotiation between fanime and the convention, so far, it could reach over 200 bucks! but negotiations are still going on!

Food allowed?:   ??????

selling:: ???????????

Signature and printed name: ((questions under study)))
Fanimecon Signature and printed name: (( Questions under study))
((awaiting some responses))

I will edit this later on because there are a couple of questions regarding about this..the biggest one is is it 20 for the entire weekened or 20 dolars per day -_-!z(((AS OF NOW, NOT until then))

Note* Tables May be able to hold up to 3 people (your own table)