best hotel?

Started by zemric, December 01, 2007, 03:12:06 PM

which hotel do you think is the best to stay at?

marriot
hilton
saint claire
fairmont

BrightHeart76

YAY!!!  I have a room for fanime!!!  YAHOO!!
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Runewitt

i stayed at the ramada last time. it was a nice place, very clean, people at the front desk were very nice even at 2am... i only had a single room, so dont know how the larger ones are.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Reinna

I hear that the Marriot is generally more crowded than the Hilton, and there's correspondingly more.. action?  activities?  there with the people.  I've only stayed at the Hilton, and it was fine, though the elevators sometimes get congested with people.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Reinna on December 10, 2007, 04:47:56 AM
I hear that the Marriot is generally more crowded than the Hilton, and there's correspondingly more.. action?  activities?  there with the people.  I've only stayed at the Hilton, and it was fine, though the elevators sometimes get congested with people.

Most of the videos are at the Marriot along with a few other activities. That's why it's the most crowded place.

Fructose

Quote from: KyraEnsui on December 10, 2007, 01:05:25 PM
Quote from: Reinna on December 10, 2007, 04:47:56 AM

Most of the videos are at the Marriot along with a few other activities. That's why it's the most crowded place.

Yeah, though I heard tell that they're trying to spread things out more evenly throughout the convention center and utilize the whole space better this year.

robozombisaurus

I'm getting a free room at the fairmont
Pinkie pie- my little pony
Missing no. Snorlax & Sylveon- Pokemon
Lumpy space princess- Adventure time
Stocking,geek boy(gender bent)- panty and stocking

Barnes

Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Runewitt

Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

LadyKaren

Quote from: Alex-X-Core on December 10, 2007, 10:48:09 PM
I'm getting a free room at the fairmont

As much as I'm trying to keep my level of professionalism...

HOW??!??!?

:D

robozombisaurus

I've got the hook ups.

hahahahaha

just kiding just kiding

My friends mom works there and shes getting us a free room
so as far as i know my first fanime is going to be great

FinalShadows

Quote from: Alex-X-Core on December 11, 2007, 04:19:29 PM
I've got the hook ups.

hahahahaha

just kiding just kiding

Gives me an idea.... I'll try to work at the Hilton or the Marriott next year and see how many people will poke me for a free room o_O
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

LadyKaren

Quote from: FinalShadows on December 12, 2007, 06:01:31 PM
Quote from: Alex-X-Core on December 11, 2007, 04:19:29 PM
I've got the hook ups.

hahahahaha

just kiding just kiding

Gives me an idea.... I'll try to work at the Hilton or the Marriott next year and see how many people will poke me for a free room o_O

rofl. I tried that....

I ended up at the spa that just opened at the fairmont... Yet still no free room. :P

robozombisaurus

haha i wonder how many people we can fit in a room

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Alex-X-Core on December 13, 2007, 05:15:54 PM

The maximum should be at least 6 people in the room. I know that's my maximum. I wouldn't go over 6 people though because fire safety hazard. It just depends how much comfort you want in the room or how cheaper the room you want.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: KyraEnsui on December 14, 2007, 03:23:39 PM

The maximum should be at least 6 people in the room. I know that's my maximum. I wouldn't go over 6 people though because fire safety hazard. It just depends how much comfort you want in the room or how cheaper the room you want.

I put this in the other thread as well.

The maximum occupancy for a room is 4 people. Period. Above 4 people is when the Hotel will ask you to leave for creating a fire hazard. Please keep the amount of people in your room to 4 or less. Thank you.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

robozombisaurus

haha ok well atleast i wont have to worry about that

KyraEnsui

Quote from: FanFicGuru on December 15, 2007, 04:51:54 PM

I put this in the other thread as well.

The maximum occupancy for a room is 4 people. Period. Above 4 people is when the Hotel will ask you to leave for creating a fire hazard. Please keep the amount of people in your room to 4 or less. Thank you.

Oh okay. I know I didn't have problems before. I'll keep that in mind.

PassingTheBuck

Actually, the real answer is four, six is far too many.  The formula for the maximum number of bodies in a hotel room would be the following, multiple by the number of beds by two.  Therefore, two beds will get you four bodies.  You can't get a rollway in a double/double rooms (safety reasons), hence you can't get six bodies (legally) in a room.

The maid staff this year will be on the outlook for people who are stuffing bodies in rooms. 

Privacy signs mean little or nothing to the maid staff, because they need to clean the rooms, whether you like it or not.

They also have to clean up after you leave and the mess from six or ten bodies in a room, after three or four days takes longer to do than if it's done on a daily basis.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

KyraEnsui

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on December 19, 2007, 10:54:17 AM

Actually, the real answer is four, six is far too many.  The formula for the maximum number of bodies in a hotel room would be the following, multiple by the number of beds by two.  Therefore, two beds will get you four bodies.  You can't get a rollway in a double/double rooms (safety reasons), hence you can't get six bodies (legally) in a room.

The maid staff this year will be on the outlook for people who are stuffing bodies in rooms. 

Privacy signs mean little or nothing to the maid staff, because they need to clean the rooms, whether you like it or not.

They also have to clean up after you leave and the mess from six or ten bodies in a room, after three or four days takes longer to do than if it's done on a daily basis.

Craige...

=D Thank you for the clearing. I remember sleeping on the floor actually which I prefer sometimes depending on which hotel I stayed at. I will keep that in mind when I'm looking for roommates. Thanks Craige~!

Fructose

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on December 19, 2007, 10:54:17 AM

Craige...

In regards to the statement about maids being on alert, I don't condone stuffing a billion people into a disgusting hotel room for 4 days by any means, but to what degree will the maids being on the lookout?

I ask simply because in the past, and potentially this year, while not overpacking the rooms, I have had roommates who are simply uncomfortable sharing a bed (in the case of double/double rooms) with another person, so they would bring a sleeping bag or an inflatable mattress and set it up in a spare corner to sleep on. Also, as myself and several of my rommates are avid cosplayers with different costumes each day, we... well, we have a lot of baggage. Garment bags for each outfit and several suitcases for sleepwear and makeup and emergency items and all that. Would the presence of such a setup and abundance of luggage get the front desk called and have an angry representative knocking on our door taking luggage inventory and a head count, or would action be taken only in the instance of OBVIOUS overstuffing, i.e. walking in on 12 people sleeping on the floor and 20 suitcases and a bathroom that boggles the mind?