Holiday Spirit?

Started by BrightHeart76, December 01, 2007, 11:14:55 PM

Are you in the Spirit?

Jingle my Bells and Call me Rudolph!
3 (18.8%)
The Halls are decked, now leave me alone.
4 (25%)
Holiday?  Is it December already?
2 (12.5%)
Bah Humbug!!
3 (18.8%)
I'm hiding under a blanket until after Valentines.
4 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 14

BrightHeart76

Is anyone else having a hard time finding the Holiday Spirit this year? 

Usually by now I'm blazing thru my Christmas music, decorating the house, buying gifts.  Generally making a scene and being a cheerful holiday type chick.  I just can't seem to find the joy in it all this year.  It's like a chore, not a holiday.  And that just plain sucks.  It's not like I'm more depressed than normal...I just don't seem to be enjoying anything about the holidays this year.

Any ideas on how to bring some joy into the season?  Anyone care to share their tales of joy / sorrow / annoyance so far this year?
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

gmontem

No because I would have telefragged Mattie-Wattie if I was inside him. :(
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

LadyKaren

Quote from: gmontem on December 02, 2007, 12:26:56 AM

I thought the same thing when I saw the subject of the post.

phoenixphire24

I'm really excited for Holiday this year (and by Holiday I mean the pastafarian Holiday) because it's the first one I get to spend alone with my fiance! Plus our Holiday tree rocks. I made a FSM tree topper and it's fab.  ;D

BrightHeart76

Quote from: LadyKaren on December 02, 2007, 02:40:32 AM
Quote from: gmontem on December 02, 2007, 12:26:56 AM

I thought the same thing when I saw the subject of the post.

Sorry sorry sorry...I didn't even think about people's names when I titled this.   :-[
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

Stormfalcon

I work retail.  I have none to begin with, especially after this year's Black Friday.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

shortpachoo

I always have a little bit around this time.  With all the Holiday music playing throughout your shift and lots of wrapping gifts at work

But other than that it hard since my family really doesn't do much, since most of the rest of the family is scattered all over and also work schedules, it makes it hard for all of us to get together. So there is not much to look forward too.

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

DemonLordZabuza

Holidays spirit?...hmmm...a way to get up in the spirit is to enjoy it with friends...with the right people of course...some friends dont celebrate the same holidays...so yea...but people make it better.

Suggestions:
-holiday movies
-baking holiday goods
-maybe holiday decorating

Just right people

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

~~Loktera~~

Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 02, 2007, 08:07:43 AM
I'm really excited for Holiday this year (and by Holiday I mean the pastafarian Holiday) because it's the first one I get to spend alone with my fiance! Plus our Holiday tree rocks. I made a FSM tree topper and it's fab.  ;D

woohoo! A fellow Pastafarian. :3

I'm actually working on my FSM ornament at the moment... Why and ornament? The rest of my family celebrates Christmas. (Don't know why though... Holidays lasts longer anyway...)
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

BrightHeart76

I must admit my ignorance.  What, pray tell, is a Pastafarian?  I've never heard of this before and I'm curious. 

Gatsby

Pastafarians follow the Flying Spaghetti Monster. :P

I'm not much in a holiday spirit mode this year either. I suppose it has to do with my life right now. >_< Therapy. Woohoo! /sarcasim
Anyway, my holidays are usually plagued by family fights. The only thing I'm really looking forward to is my college semester being over so I can catch up on my manga reading and anime watching. I haven't read my Shojo Beat since September! Oh the humanity.

Kazuko

x: I has loads of holiday spirit!

Im just spending all of it in South America XD

In Peru christmas is very fun :3 people putting nativity sets that the family hand makes outside of the homes, these things get HUUUGE

:3 I myself am looking foward to this

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Kazuko on December 02, 2007, 09:48:51 PM

In Peru christmas is very fun :3 people putting nativity sets that the family hand makes outside of the homes, these things get HUUUGE

Oh I love giant nativity sets.  Grandma use to have one that covered most of the living room, and when I go to Mexico...if I end up going during this season...father takes me and/or my brother to look at some...I've seen some pretty awesome.

Now if you cant get yourself in the holiday season this is what you do:

-get a friend that is really into the holidays
-get some friends that are kinda in the holidays
-get loads of alcohol
-now this is the important part
    1) get the holiday spirit person drunk, but everyone else normal
    2) get yourself buzzed or tipsy
    3) get your semi holiday spirit friends drunk
    4) then you get drunk

By the end you will all be filling the holiday love :D

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Glitch

Yay Peru, the country my mom (pretends she) is from. ^^

phoenixphire24

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on December 02, 2007, 05:23:20 PM
Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 02, 2007, 08:07:43 AM

woohoo! A fellow Pastafarian. :3

I'm actually working on my FSM ornament at the moment... Why and ornament? The rest of my family celebrates Christmas. (Don't know why though... Holidays lasts longer anyway...)

Woo-hoo back at you. An ornament was my original plan, but after we decided to have the Holiday to ourselves, I went all out. Behold:

Kazuko

Quote from: Glitch on December 03, 2007, 01:00:25 PM

XD really now? this i didnt know!

Sunara Ishi

I say we dress Mattie Wattie and Tsu up as elves and have J be Santa Claus. Either that or have Tsu be Santa Claus and J as an elf. I guess I could also be an elf. I suppose we could have Lisu as an elf... We'll just have to keep the lil ones away... XP j/k.

Most years I don't have much spirit... Its the years that I do that are worrysome. >.>;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Gatsby

So what is everyone doing for the Holidays?

Glitch

Quote from: Kazuko on December 03, 2007, 04:14:51 PM
Quote from: Glitch on December 03, 2007, 01:00:25 PM

XD really now? this i didnt know!
Yeah. I tease her about that.She went there last year with her spiritual group and made lots of friends. Her and my sister were frightened when that big earthquake happened a while ago, and they worried about somebody they knew there.

Reikon

I have no holiday spirit, so I have no special plans.

Before anyone mentions it, my avatar is my usual avatar. I did not change it for Christmas.
2008-09 E-gaming staff