Sunnyvale Golfland

Started by Nanashi, December 03, 2007, 11:55:29 AM

Nanashi

Who among you frequents SVGL? Me thinks it'd be pretty cool to hang out there sometime.

I've got long hair and a beard, and i'm usually wearing a black sweater. if you see me there, go ahead and say hi. Just make sure to tell me you're from the boards.
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Spiritsnare

I do.

You'll see me on basically every non-DDR Bemani cabinet there, oftentimes with a friend.
epic progressive

vox

abcbadcat

I used to go every weekend for a two months but Xmas is coming around and I just don't have the money nor the time.

I played alot of Maximum Tune v3, Initial D v3, Soul Calibur 3 (BEFORE THEY TOOK IT AWAY :'( ) and IIDX.

Fun place :D

Raydere

I go every Saturday morning. I might start going on Wednesdays since my classes are coming to an end.

I always whore out WMMT3 whenever I go there, though lately I've been getting back into Initial D 4.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Shinsengumi

I haven't gone to SVGL for about a year, since I live in Salinas I'll try to see if I go when I have a chance to play some fighting games.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Nanashi

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on December 03, 2007, 11:55:45 PM
I go every Saturday morning. I might start going on Wednesdays since my classes are coming to an end.

I always whore out WMMT3 whenever I go there, though lately I've been getting back into Initial D 4.

Huh. I just started playing Maximum Tune a few days ago...Maybe I saw you saturday and didn't realize it.

Barnes

I'll go if I can find Marvel comp. What days are good for finding some?
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Nanashi

Eh, the MVC2 scene has died down a bit at SVGL, so I guess any day is as likely to have competition as any other, although wednesday nights have a lot of people at the arcade, so I guess you'd be more likely to get a challenge then.

Raydere

Quote from: Shinsengumi on December 04, 2007, 01:56:47 AM
I haven't gone to SVGL for about a year, since I live in Salinas I'll try to see if I go when I have a chance to play some fighting games.
Did you go in the morning (between 10am-12pm)? I go there for Arcade Mania ($6 for unlimited gameplay from 9am-12pm).
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

OniCourseMusha

I haven't been to SVGL for a year! But now since I own IIDX Gold, friends who live close to SF State owns Pop'n Music Adventure, SF State barely upgraded GF/DM (not in the mood to play the latest one), I'm like its really not necessary to go all the way there from SF anymore since I play bemani series strongly here.  The next time I do go I just gonna hang out and play few games.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

Tsubasa

I used to go from time to time to play KoFXI.  Now I'm strongly into Melty Blood instead, so I just stay around my school: SJSU.  Has anyone seen any KoFXI players around SVGL recently?  I wouldn't mind swinging by to play some.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jun-Watarase

No one in norcal plays MvC2 seriously, go to So Cal... or Seattle...

NO ONE plays KOF 2001 outside of anime people, and Mexicans(It's not as racist as it seems if you actually know the truth behind this statement) in the US.

SVGL in terms of actual real competition, is only good for CvS2. Though, most of the better players don't even go to SVGL anymore.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Nanashi

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 05, 2007, 08:58:33 AM

NO ONE plays KOF 2001 outside of anime people, and Mexicans(It's not as racist as it seems if you actually know the truth behind this statement) in the US.

SVGL in terms of actual real competition, is only good for CvS2. Though, most of the better players don't even go to SVGL anymore.

I know exactly what you're talking about with KOF, i've seen it in action many times before.

As far as competition goes, there's a couple (literally two) of very, very good 3S players. And i've seen a couple pretty good KOF XI players on non-arcade mania days.

abcbadcat

I play quite a bit of 3S but not hXc competition style.

I used to challenge EVERYONE at Soul Calibur 3 Arcade Edition until they took the damn machine out.

Tsubasa

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 05, 2007, 08:58:33 AMNO ONE plays KOF 2001 outside of anime people, and Mexicans(It's not as racist as it seems if you actually know the truth behind this statement) in the US.

Last I checked, 2k1 wasn't XI.

And there was a small KoFXI scene in NorCal a little while back.  Maybe, like, a year ago.  It was mostly concentrated at SJSU and SFSU, but there were some scattered players worth mentioning who played at, like, New Park in Newark, and the occasional SVGL player.  Most of that scene doesn't really seem to play anymore.  Some of us moved to Melty.  I did.  I don't mind tossing the occasional credit into a KoFXI machine these days though and that's why I have to ask.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Barnes

Uh, ever heard of Chunksta (sp?)? He lives in NorCal as far as I know.

Anyway, anybody going to the tourney this weekend? I wanna go. Games include CvS2, Marvel, T5DR, and 3S.
I found out about it through the SRK Forums. 
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

abcbadcat

Quote from: Barnes on December 06, 2007, 12:49:44 AM

Uh, ever heard of Chunksta (sp?)? He lives in NorCal as far as I know.

Anyway, anybody going to the tourney this weekend? I wanna go. Games include CvS2, Marvel, T5DR, and 3S.
I found out about it through the SRK Forums. 

Tourney at SVGL? Damn, they need to include Soul Calibur 3 in tournament games... I feel left out.

T_T

Jun-Watarase

Chunksta, the Lew brothers... that's about all I can think of.

Hmmm, I feel like going now, wonder if I can make it out there. If for anything to see some people.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Chloe

Home to Tekken. lol.  The gaming scene there is better than the Golfland by Oakridge, so it's pretty cool.
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

abcbadcat

The Tekken scene is better at SVGL than MGL and wayyyy better than SJGL.

Im ranked like 5th on the Soul Calibur 3 machine at MGL with Mitsurugi and I have beaten the 1st ranked person.

The 3S scene is better at MGL in my opinion. Usually during arcade mania days 3S gets more played at MGL.

I used to spend alot... ALOT of time at MGL (almost every Thursday during JR and SR year of high school).

SJGL fails at everything lol.