Sunnyvale Golfland

Started by Nanashi, December 03, 2007, 11:55:29 AM

Spiritsnare

QFT.

Also, I was there yesterday. One-handed Space Waltz hyper is not as ridiculously easy as a Nico player made it look, but it was pretty exhilarating nonetheless. Took me three tries to pass.
epic progressive

vox

Nanashi

Quote from: Barnes on December 06, 2007, 12:49:44 AM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 05, 2007, 08:58:33 AM
No one in norcal plays MvC2 seriously, go to So Cal... or Seattle...

Uh, ever heard of Chunksta (sp?)? He lives in NorCal as far as I know.

Anyway, anybody going to the tourney this weekend? I wanna go. Games include CvS2, Marvel, T5DR, and 3S.
I found out about it through the SRK Forums. 

On saturday, i'm assuming?
Co-Captain/"The one who talks too much" of MANime!
http://forums.fanime.com/index.php/topic,17203.0.html

Barnes

^Yes.
John Choi, Ricky Ortiz, Chunksta, and other really good players will be there.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Chloe on December 06, 2007, 03:40:04 AM
Home to Tekken. lol.  The gaming scene there is better than the Golfland by Oakridge, so it's pretty cool.

Bronson and a lot of others occasionally play at SVGL. I need to ask him if he's going actually.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Eurobeat King

I haven't been to SVGL since.. I can't remember..  :P

Do they still have ParaPara and the other non-DDR games there?

And, any new fighting-games?  Maybe if/when Street Fighter 4 appears there, I'll go check it out. :)

"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

abcbadcat

As far as I remember, SVGL never had ParaPara. MGL still does though.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: abcbadcat on December 06, 2007, 11:11:13 PM

Not anymore. They sold the machine. If you want Para para, you have to go  to Nickel City in south san jose.

I like going to SVGL. The only thing i play is the star wars arcade machine lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

Barnes

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on December 06, 2007, 11:16:30 PMIf you want Para para, you have to go  to Nickel City in south san jose.

If anybody decides to go there, let me know, and I'll join up. Lol. Too bad that place has NO fighting game comp whatsoever (the machines there aren't up to "standards" shall we say).

As for the tourney at SVGL this Saturday, I'll try and bring a camera to record some Marvel matches, if the players are ok with it.
Yay, Haruko.

Tsubasa

Back in the para prime, SVGL had it.  Some of the best paralists in CA used to frequent the place.
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

abcbadcat

Quote from: Tsubasa on December 07, 2007, 12:01:38 AM

Back in the para prime, SVGL had it.  Some of the best paralists in CA used to frequent the place.

Oh really? I never knew lol. My GF used to have over 30 ParaPara routines memorized without the arrows. She plays quite a bit at Fanime and thats the only reason why we used to go to MGL.

I like SVGL more due to the huge selection of music games but... im not very good at IIDX (I can only play 6s) but they took out Soul Calibur 3.

Eurobeat King

I remember taking my friends during Halloween to SVGL and played ParaPara and then did the same thing Halloween 2005 at Milpitas Golf Land.  I'm sure MGL still has PP there, even though I haven't been there for at least 8 months?

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Eurobeat King on December 07, 2007, 12:19:46 AM
I remember taking my friends during Halloween to SVGL and played ParaPara and then did the same thing Halloween 2005 at Milpitas Golf Land.  I'm sure MGL still has PP there, even though I haven't been there for at least 8 months?

Nope.

anyway, if anyone is going to SVGL saturday, I wouldn't mind coming and hanging out. Even if it is just to play the star wars machine, the simpsons game and pinball, lots and lots of pinball lol. anyone has plans?

Raydere

MGL does have PPP 2nd Mix, I just went there tonight.

Oh, and MGL also got Initial D 4...but dammit, today was unlimited arcade day and they didn't have it on free play T.T
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

Barnes

I'm confused. When it comes to MGL and SVGL, which one is better for what games and comp? ???
Yay, Haruko.

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on December 07, 2007, 12:53:40 AM
MGL does have PPP 2nd Mix, I just went there tonight.

Oh, and MGL also got Initial D 4...but dammit, today was unlimited arcade day and they didn't have it on free play T.T

Ah ok. My bad. shows you how long I was there. The last time I was there, I didn't see it. I guess they reinstated it back or something.

Saturday mornings is when they do the unlimited gaming for 3 hours. I forget how much it is though.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on December 06, 2007, 11:16:30 PM

Not anymore. They sold the machine. If you want Para para, you have to go  to Nickel City in south san jose.

I like going to SVGL. The only thing i play is the star wars arcade machine lol

I've never beating that game, I could never beat the Battle of Hoth, or destroy the Death Star lol.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

abcbadcat

Eurobeat King: Your avatar, is that your actual car? If so, do you have any more pics and specs?

RyuHayabusa: I would go but I only have two weeks of school left and I really should start working on projects. Also Saturday morning/Wednesday Night arcade mania is $6.

GS68: Do you know when SVGL is getting their second WMMT3 cab? Any other new games at MGL?

Barnes: Both places are pretty good but I prefer MGL for fighitng game comp. Alot of people migrated from MGL to SVGL due to Initial D V4. But now I guess since MGL has IDV4 I don't know.

Eurobeat King

Quote from: abcbadcat on December 07, 2007, 03:42:34 AM
Eurobeat King: Your avatar, is that your actual car? If so, do you have any more pics and specs?

Haha, I get that Q a lot.  No, it's not my FC. At Anime Central in May, a guy I talk to each year who brings his own AE86 to the con, brought his FC this year too, so we did a photoshoot where I borrowed his FC for pictures.  I can find out more info about his car if you like. 

abcbadcat

Quote from: Eurobeat King on December 07, 2007, 08:41:31 AM
Quote from: abcbadcat on December 07, 2007, 03:42:34 AM

Haha, I get that Q a lot.  No, it's not my FC. At Anime Central in May, a guy I talk to each year who brings his own AE86 to the con, brought his FC this year too, so we did a photoshoot where I borrowed his FC for pictures.  I can find out more info about his car if you like. 

Oh, no I was just wondering lol. I have an FC myself as a project car and I am a fan of rotary in general... if you can't tell from my avatar lol.

Raydere

Quote from: abcbadcat on December 07, 2007, 03:42:34 AMGS68: Do you know when SVGL is getting their second WMMT3 cab? Any other new games at MGL?
They finally have 4 MT3 cabs (as does MGL), though if you want to see 4-player battles Wednesday's your best bet.

MGL got that new EA Nascar game (I'm more fond of the Sega one) and Gitadora V4.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2