(unlikely) Guests you want for fanime

Started by Glitch, December 03, 2007, 12:50:19 PM

Shinsengumi

Quote from: K&K4ever on December 05, 2007, 09:10:06 PM
I herd they got insulted or something by on of the atendies

i heard about that as well. that sucks
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

K&K4ever

The sun was raising up above the high
and dense entangled spider's web.  The dew
was dripping from the silky strings and down
through canopy to underbrush.  It splashed
the puddle making one more fountain spring.

Shinsengumi

You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

K&K4ever

So who ealse would be unlikly to show up? well How about Larc Ne Ceil, the artists for Ready Steady Go

Shinsengumi

They should bring MOVE here, I was pissed that they were at Sakura Con

KyraEnsui

Quote from: Shinsengumi on December 06, 2007, 12:28:42 AM

I haven't heard it at all. Crazy fans. Back on topic: Ayumi Hamasaki. ^^b We all love her right?

K&K4ever

How about Mayo Suzukaze, the Seiyuu for Kenshin in Rurouni Kenshin.
or Miki Fujitani Who did Kaoru from Rurouni Kenshin and Chun-li in the street fighter movie.

Glitch

Quote from: KyraEnsui on December 06, 2007, 08:43:36 AM

I haven't heard it at all. Crazy fans. Back on topic: Ayumi Hamasaki. ^^b We all love her right?
She is very loved. We don't have nescessarily pay for her to come. All we need is careful planning. You see, we get a blue print of her house, and then see which are the week points that aren't guarded. We carefull force her into a crate and secretly shipped her off on a boat headed to california. I'm sure once she arrives in america she'll be delighted to sing for fanime. This plan can't possibly fail.Ever!

K&K4ever

Quote from: Glitch on December 07, 2007, 10:09:42 AM

She is very loved. We don't have nescessarily pay for her to come. All we need is careful planning. You see, we get a blue print of her house, and then see which are the week points that aren't guarded. We carefull force her into a crate and secretly shipped her off on a boat headed to california. I'm sure once she arrives in america she'll be delighted to sing for fanime. This plan can't possibly fail.Ever!

And then we get arrested. :P

Shinsengumi

K&K4ever

BunofGovt

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

zoupzuop2

As AWESOME as she would be to have over here, the odds against EVER even getting a GLIMPSE of her stateside are higher than seeing George Bush and Bill Gates get struck by lightning, alongside Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, singing Franz Tornado's "Maid Attack" in latin, in tutus. All for the press to see.

Reasoning: Ayumi Hamasaki practically IS avex. It's harder to book an avex artist in the states, ESPECIALLY of such high importance and caliber as Mrs. Hamasaki, than it is to book the likes of, say, Van Halen.

...except, they just started touring again.

...dammit.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

_Rena_

Gah, I love Ayu though. DX

But i seriously wanna see Aya Ueto. *__*

PyronIkari

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on December 09, 2007, 12:39:39 PM

As AWESOME as she would be to have over here, the odds against EVER even getting a GLIMPSE of her stateside are higher than seeing George Bush and Bill Gates get struck by lightning, alongside Bigfoot and the Loch Ness Monster, singing Franz Tornado's "Maid Attack" in latin, in tutus. All for the press to see.

Reasoning: Ayumi Hamasaki practically IS avex. It's harder to book an avex artist in the states, ESPECIALLY of such high importance and caliber as Mrs. Hamasaki, than it is to book the likes of, say, Van Halen.

...except, they just started touring again.

...dammit.

Avex artists have done plenty of things in the US, so has L'arc... how does that make them "unlikely" as they are very possible.

Hamasaki "IS AVEX"???? huh? She was huge early 2000, but right now, she's just another on the roster. Avex has a looooooooooooot of huge names, the loss of Hamasaki wouldn't be THAT huge, even if it did hurt them.

The thing with Clamp was super minor where they got insulted... it was a small isolated incident but didn't really cause any real problems.

I don't get where most of you come up with these weird assumptions.

JohnnyAR

Johnny Depp, no, Crispin Freeman! CF in San Jose man!

JohnnyAR

Kazuko

psst You should go and EDIT your posts, rather than double posting =\ it gets a bit annoying

Back on topic...XD haha I would love to see Plastic Tree come

Or the Spice girls

epic lulz :3

Tony

Quote from: PyronIkari on December 09, 2007, 08:40:56 PM
Avex artists have done plenty of things in the US, so has L'arc... how does that make them "unlikely" as they are very possible.
That is true. AVEX USA (when it existed) and Tofu records (when it existed) helped break down the gates, so to speak, by bringing in some really big names. L'Arc and Koda Kumi have played in the states in the past, which is nothing to sneeze at.

That said, AVEX and Sony are happy to price themselves out of the market, for those sorts of acts, nowadays. I don't really blame them - with the primary places being anime conventions, it makes them really, really reluctant to spend time and money getting someone out here. Right now, their strategy is much more careful, much more cautious, which is why you're seeing smaller names a whole lot more often, and you're starting to see more Japanfiles-backed indies. It's opening up the market by attrition, rather than pushing hard with big names.

QuoteHamasaki "IS AVEX"???? huh? She was huge early 2000, but right now, she's just another on the roster. Avex has a looooooooooooot of huge names, the loss of Hamasaki wouldn't be THAT huge, even if it did hurt them.
Very true. Ton of genres, ton of artists, and they're diversified beyond music.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

K&K4ever

Tetsu Inada

He's done quite alot, including Kurogane-Tsubasa,Sajin Komamura & Love-Bleach, and quite a few others as well.