Hotel Reservation System is Online! (with 2008 rates!)

Started by LadyKaren, December 05, 2007, 11:15:50 PM

Aya Brea X

Quote from: lyricaldanichan on December 20, 2007, 11:42:34 PM
Hmm not bad, but kinda sucks that you can't take it out whenever like the Hilton. Hopefully they don't run into the problem that the Hilton had this year where they ran out of parking spots and the guests
had to park in valet.. :(

Oooh, is that why they randomly tried to charge me a valet fee when I self-parked the entire time?  I marched down there and had them taken the 54 dollar valet charge off.

jAded

You know, when I registered, the system wouldnt' allow me to register for the duration of my nights consecutively at certain but it shows that those days are now available where they weren't before (at a lower price) and i've already made my reservations. So, that aside, if I want to change reservations I'd have to cancel the current reservations and remake reservations at the hotel with the lower pricing right?

Aya Brea X

Quote from: jAded on December 28, 2007, 11:22:15 AM
You know, when I registered, the system wouldnt' allow me to register for the duration of my nights consecutively at certain but it shows that those days are now available where they weren't before (at a lower price) and i've already made my reservations. So, that aside, if I want to change reservations I'd have to cancel the current reservations and remake reservations at the hotel with the lower pricing right?

Have you tried logging back into the hotel registration system to modify your reservation with the days added at the new rate? 

alkaline

Done and done. This will be my third year in a row at the Marriot.. their beds are just too comfortable to pass up.

Hopefully, I won't have to argue with Marriot staff in order for me to get my free Internet access taken care of ;)

jAded

Quote from: Aya Brea X on December 30, 2007, 12:11:52 AM

Have you tried logging back into the hotel registration system to modify your reservation with the days added at the new rate? 

No. They are two different hotels, wasn't sure if you could modify rooms for different hotels. As it is, I currently have all my consecutive days booked at one hotel because they weren't available at the hotel I initially wanted in the first place. I didn't want to move back and forth between hotels as that would be a hassle, especially if you are lugging prints and whatnot around.

KyraEnsui

Quote from: jAded on December 31, 2007, 11:01:27 AM

No. They are two different hotels, wasn't sure if you could modify rooms for different hotels. As it is, I currently have all my consecutive days booked at one hotel because they weren't available at the hotel I initially wanted in the first place. I didn't want to move back and forth between hotels as that would be a hassle, especially if you are lugging prints and whatnot around.

Have you tried contacting the FanimeCon Housing committee?  Here's their email: [email protected]

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: jAded on December 31, 2007, 11:01:27 AM

Hi, you should contact CMR and have them assist you immediately, because if you wait too long you really will be stuck with two different hotels and the cr*p that goes along with it. 

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

jAded

I decided to keep my initial registration. it's got free internet. And no, I didn't register for a second room at all. Thanks everyone.

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: BrightHeart76 on December 09, 2007, 05:41:00 PM
Is there any chance that more room will open in the future?  My sister got her room for Friday, Saturday and Sunday at the Hilton (YAY!  ;D ).  But she wants to arrive on Thursday and check out on Tuesday morning.  She won't stay anywhere but the Hilton.  She's willing to pay the higher rate the Hilton would charge for Thursday and Monday night, but how does she go about making that reservation in conjunction with her fanime housing reservation?  Or should she just wait to see if room opens for those two days? 

Sorry to be a pest.  Thank you in advance for any help or information you can offer.

I'm not sure about the Hilton for Fanime, but alot of con hotels will give you the con rate for the night before and the last day of the con ie the nights your sis is talking about.

red_thestrals

question... this may b a stupid question for some but i'll ask anyway... (my first con ever, cut me some slack)

when paying in the hotel do i need to bring anything to prove that im a con goer (for the con discount) or do they have it in their system? coz im hella nervous that they might charge me 150 sumthin bucks per night instead of the $85... help me out.... ??? ??? ???

FanFicGuru

Quote from: red_thestrals on January 05, 2008, 02:56:39 AM
question... this may b a stupid question for some but i'll ask anyway... (my first con ever, cut me some slack)

when paying in the hotel do i need to bring anything to prove that im a con goer (for the con discount) or do they have it in their system? coz im hella nervous that they might charge me 150 sumthin bucks per night instead of the $85... help me out.... ??? ??? ???

Don't worry about it. ^_^

When you make your reservation online with CMR, it registers in the Hilton's database as such. Your nightly rate is saved and that's the same reservation you'll have when you get there. By registering through CMR you are telling the hotel in question that you are a con-goer. That's the only real security check in place as far as that goes. I'm curious as to whether or not Craige/others have discovered non-Fanime goers abusing the CMR rates. I wouldn't be surprised.

In any case, don't worry about it. Once you've made your reservation, the amount they tell you in the email is the amount you'll pay when you get there (barring additional expenses e.g room service)
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

red_thestrals

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 05, 2008, 09:28:29 AM

When you make your reservation online with CMR, it registers in the Hilton's database as such. Your nightly rate is saved and that's the same reservation you'll have when you get there. By registering through CMR you are telling the hotel in question that you are a con-goer. That's the only real security check in place as far as that goes. I'm curious as to whether or not Craige/others have discovered non-Fanime goers abusing the CMR rates. I wouldn't be surprised.

In any case, don't worry about it. Once you've made your reservation, the amount they tell you in the email is the amount you'll pay when you get there (barring additional expenses e.g room service)

thanks a lot!!! :D

FanFicGuru

Quote from: red_thestrals on January 05, 2008, 03:07:54 PM
Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 05, 2008, 09:28:29 AM

thanks a lot!!! :D

No problem. Also, they don't charge you when you reserve your room, but keep in mind that whoever has the room reserved, the hotel collects a deposit of 50 dollars/night upon check-in. This is typically done on the credit card that you use to check in with. The charge is refunded within a matter of days, but it is held in case you accumulate charges resulting from room service, or if you damage any of their furniture.

Just keep that in mind, that you (or whoever is charging the room) should have enough for the room charge +150 dollars for the deposit.

Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

red_thestrals

No problem. Also, they don't charge you when you reserve your room, but keep in mind that whoever has the room reserved, the hotel collects a deposit of 50 dollars/night upon check-in. This is typically done on the credit card that you use to check in with. The charge is refunded within a matter of days, but it is held in case you accumulate charges resulting from room service, or if you damage any of their furniture.

Just keep that in mind, that you (or whoever is charging the room) should have enough for the room charge +150 dollars for the deposit.

[/quote]

alryt... i'll rememver that.. thanks again ur a lifesaver!

phoenixphire24

I've got a question about the name the room is reserved under. I'm going with 3 other people. One of those persons reserved the room for our group, but also filled in our names as roommates. There is a strong possibility that the person who did the reserving will now be arriving much later than the rest of us. Will we be able to check into the room or should we contact housing and have it changed to someone else? If so, how far in advance should we do this; the person in question may not know his schedule until the beginning of May or later. The rest of us just want to make sure that we can get into the room at check-in time and don't have to wait with our luggage until that night. Thanks!

Skylark

Is anyone still looking for a roommate? If so:

Male, 21, will pay half for all weekend.

Kthxbai ;o

justkitteh

Hey guys, I have a room at the Hilton for Fanime, all 4 days, blah blah blah...

I'm pretty sure I have space to fill, so get in touch!

So far the group is 18-22 male/female clean out going fun people, and if you fit in with that, awesome! No smoking in the room, drinking is fine if you keep it under control, and so on. Everyone in this room wants to have fun, so if you're quiet and plan on keeping to yourself for the whole con this probably isn't the room for you. However... if you're out going, and want to have an awesome time, then this probably IS the room for you!

You're welcome to get in touch even if you're quiet, but I'm just warning you, people will probably try to talk to you. Scary right? :P

[email protected]
AIM: svghax