Ask a stupid question, get a stupid answer!

Started by Gatsby, December 07, 2007, 09:07:45 AM

caskaslyrk

I think Curling is interesting...but what I really want to know is what is on the end of the sticks? is it a pad to melt the ice? or is it a coarse pad to make the weight go the way the sweeper wants? hmmmmmmm

And no bull riding is not some prison lingo..LMAO...you know go to a bar..ride a mechanical bull..LOL  or you could always save a horse and ride a cowgirl in your case..LOL

Ever eaten snow?

AntiVonn

Brooms are used in curling to either 'pave' a path in the ice for the stone (to speed it up) or push ice in front of the stone (to slow it down).

Never eat snow. It falls through all that pollution in the air before it hits the ground.

Why are Rovers called "Rovers"? Do they rove?

Jerry

several Definitions of "Rover" are available -
READ A BOOK, READ A BOOK, READ A MOTHA F*CKING BOOK---> [or in this case the internets]

rov·er
1   /ˈroʊvər/   [roh-ver]
–noun

1. a person who roves; wanderer.    <------ yes,
the Staff that is always around @ Fanime Con [we're watching you in a good and keep it safe kinda way :) ]

Other definitions not really related but interesting:
2. Archery. ---
a. a mark selected at random, as in a competition between two archers wandering over a specified area.
b. one of a group of fixed marks at a long distance.
c. an archer who shoots at such a mark.

3. Croquet. --- a ball that has been driven through all the arches and needs only to strike the last peg to be out of the game.

4. British. ---
a.   (at concerts or the like) a person who has a ticket for standing room only.
b.   a senior boy scout, 18 years of age or older.

rov·er ^2   /ˈroʊvər/  [roh-ver]
–noun
1. a pirate. <--- interesting take on what we "Could" do--- but it would defeat the purpose of keeping con gers safe :P
2. Obsolete a pirate ship.

When's the last time you actually read a "physical" book? - computers, e-readers, smart phones or electronic assisted living devices do not count. :P  I'm talking low tech you have the turn the pages with your hand kinda book.  :D
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

Elimeno

:O a book?  Why would you turn to that ancient technology? lol anyway, last time I read a book was about a week ago, forgot the name but it's about the philosophy of music and why people need it to function similar to why people need human interaction. 

Why is all rap music club music now?  Gangstas wit Glowstix :D
Know much about purgatory? It's the world we live in now, and Halloween is the day a damned soul in purgatory can be released into heaven, if he prays hard enough. Say your prayers. - Vincent Volaju

AntiVonn

JERRY, Jerry, Jerry   ... You must have misread the title to this forum.
Its Ask a STUPID question, get a stupid answer.   Not "get a smart answer"!!

(besides the question was "Why are they called Rovers", not "What is a Rover"). ;)  

All of the Rovers I met last year did a whole lot more than rove.

heeroyuy135

Because gangstas be watching Lucky Star and K-ON!

Are you gelin'?

caskaslyrk

wish I was gellin..been wearing stilettos at work all day.. :'(

If you had to get bitten by either a poisonous snake or a poisonous spider, which would you choose?

lady_tomoko

I would choose a poisonous bunny,since I don't like snakes or spiders ^-^

Why do soba noodles taste like soba noodles?

Jerry

because:

Why are Fridays so awesome you have to Thank god for them?
btw TGIF!!!  :D

michiko nakano

Well... religiously speaking, God created the birds and the sea creatures on the fifth day.  Is that why everyone likes Fridays?  lol jk

why isn't food free T_T

ELDEMONIO

Because then i'll eat it all.

Can you touch your nose?

caskaslyrk

yeah....with my toes  ;)

...can you chew gum...while patting your head and rubbing your tummy at the same time?

Knightfire

You bet!

What's the deal with the internet lately?
Starting work for Fanime 2011

michiko nakano

i don't know... my school's interwebs were FREAKING out the other day. 

so have you heard about that crazy earthquake in Chile that's sending crazy tsunami's toward all the pacific islands?  yikes... worried about my relatives in Hawaii D:

caskaslyrk

yes...its so sad there are earthquakes happening all over the place.  The plates are shifting....and yes we actually have tsunami watch here in San Diego as well...

why do you get pinched on St. Patrick's day if your not wearing green?

Jerry

because the would want to pinch you relentless every day of the year in places you would not to be pinched.

Why isnt the cat part of the Chinese Zodiac ?

michiko nakano

because of that DAMN YUKI!!!

do you watch fruits basket?  who would you cosplay?

Jerry

anime wasnt as good as the Manga--- most likely Kyo - orange hair and turning into a cat sounds like fun. --- randomly turning back into a human naked? not so much fun.

Did you enjoy watching the winter olympics?

ELDEMONIO

I saw like 5 minutes of it then I decided to go online and post of forums.>.> Colbert was no where to be seen.:(

How much money do you think NBC lost on airing the WInter Olympics?

caskaslyrk

hmmm NBC airing in the U.S. I would say nothing...due to sponsorships...

Do you sleep with a special blankie or stuffed toy?