Call of Duty 4, Tourny? Casual Play?

Started by addy, December 07, 2007, 05:27:14 PM

Chewie

It figures some halo kid would defend it.

illuminazn

Quote from: Chewie on February 29, 2008, 09:41:21 PM
It figures some halo kid would defend it.

Elaborate on whom we are talking about, Chewie?
It's best to not start any kind of flaming war here. We're still here to construct rules for the tourney.

"How long can an unprotected human being stand up against automatic rifle fire?"
"A heartbeat, sir."
http://www.rangersection.co.nr/
Airborne Ranger Elite Section

Nujabes + Shing02 rocks :D

Emerge

Quote from: illuminazn on February 29, 2008, 08:37:13 PM
QuoteExactly, if everyone can bunny hop, than theres no reason anyone to complain about it, however useing RPGs is pretty cheap no matter where you go.

Lol, RPGs are funny. Sometimes they hit but really...just like in real life, it's pretty unreliable with it's random direction half the time. It's a rocket propelled grenade lol. Lots of swirling :D

Nah, RPGs are fine though. If it was cheap, people would use it a lot more than noob tubes.

For the most part, RPGs are used to take down choppers when they come flying by. Otherwise, I've seen them only as just a "kicks and giggles" weapon. It's actually kind of inaccurate, so I don't use it for any other reason than to take out 'dem whirlybirds.

If you went toe-to-toe against some guy with say, an AK47, while you had an RPG...chances are you're going down. That little start-up you need to shoulder the RPG and THEN fire is more than enough time for the AK to take you out; even less if that person had Stopping Power or Double Tap which is pretty damn likely. Let alone, you need to come into pretty close contact with the enemy to do any real damage, otherwise he'll stay alive long enough to spray you out.

illuminazn

QuoteFor the most part, RPGs are used to take down choppers when they come flying by. Otherwise, I've seen them only as just a "kicks and giggles" weapon. It's actually kind of inaccurate, so I don't use it for any other reason than to take out 'dem whirlybirds.

If you went toe-to-toe against some guy with say, an AK47, while you had an RPG...chances are you're going down. That little start-up you need to shoulder the RPG and THEN fire is more than enough time for the AK to take you out; even less if that person had Stopping Power or Double Tap which is pretty damn likely. Let alone, you need to come into pretty close contact with the enemy to do any real damage, otherwise he'll stay alive long enough to spray you out.

I will construct the ultimate RPG build with Sleight of Hand and Steady Aim. LOL! I will be ph33red from all.

Seriously, an RPG wielding guy is such the easy target. I don't see why anyone would be annoyed from it along with bunny hopping(Not really helpful in CoD4 but sure) and dolphin diving. The only real annoyances if you played CoD4 long enough, is the Juggernaut perk, Martyrdom, and the infamous noob tube. I personally dislike auto snippies but that's fine with me since the accuracy is decreased compared to the bolt action cousins.

Really though, the modes acceptable are S&D/TDM, no noob tubes, plain and simple.

"How long can an unprotected human being stand up against automatic rifle fire?"
"A heartbeat, sir."

JTchinoy

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

veinyshaftwagon

Gamebattles rules for S&D and TDM. Too bad we wont be able to connect to live so we can use our perks and whatnot.

veinyshaftwagon

if all else fails, we should get together on live and play. it's nice to play with people locally  ;D

addy

Oh, WOW lots of peopel posted on my thread, i didnt check this thread for a while since when i posted it no one seemed interested. The rules i think could be used as PAM4. As CaL and TWL are using them. Basically it allows you to choose w/e guns you want. Some guns are locked, such as 2 of the sniper rifles. They also balanced the perks out so some of the perks are locked depending on what kit you choose. Pam4 is a mod, I dont know how to get it on a console, but i'm all for PC.

Jehuty

OK...CoD4, suffice it to say would be fun at Fanimecon...

Anyone down for PSN play, I'm Evo421 there...srsly, all the players at work play on Xbox Live...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

addy

Iunno, if there's some way to get enough PC's that'd be great i'm even willing to bring my own computer. Since we're doing teams doesnt it seem logical to have people be paired with who ever they want on site? Like depending on how many people show and how many computers or w/e we're using you can determine the  how big the teams can be. I still prefer PC over console any day, as its a lot more fair. Like i said before there are rules mods in place to prevent nub tubes, martydom, etc.

illuminazn

Quote from: addy on March 13, 2008, 09:47:56 AM
Iunno, if there's some way to get enough PC's that'd be great i'm even willing to bring my own computer. Since we're doing teams doesnt it seem logical to have people be paired with who ever they want on site? Like depending on how many people show and how many computers or w/e we're using you can determine the  how big the teams can be. I still prefer PC over console any day, as its a lot more fair. Like i said before there are rules mods in place to prevent nub tubes, martydom, etc.

Hey, I'd prefer PC over console too but you have to consider the cost and like JTchinoy said....there is no available network for PCs.
If you flip over to the first/second pages of the thread, we go over why console would probably be the best choice.

Hey, I love PCs as much as you (Invested 2000 in it + I work at Nvidia!) but I don't think it's possible.

"A heartbeat, sir."

addy

hmmmm... true. You could have PC's and have the tourney stretch for 3 days. And have people rotate on and off the computers. I remember last year there was quite a few computers. As for network. Why not just get a bunch of routers hubs? I mean if your having people switching in how many ports would you really need? I mean if you get soo many computers and not enough routers, why not just go wireless? The networks all there. IF there's lag everyone has lag. The same is for Consoles, yo need A lot of TV's right? Isnt that the same for computers etc. monitors and space? Would people be willing to share a screen? If you have a bunch of TV's i'm going to guess, those r goign to be small TV's right? So it'd pretty hard to fit 4 peopel on one TV.

illuminazn

I don't know about how long the CoD4 tourny should actually be, i suggest it be all in one day to prevent any sort of non-roster member swapping or something along those lines.

Could get a bunch of network hubs and stuff but you have to consider the cost and time to lay it all out and troubleshoot PCs with certain setups, etc (Especially people who have that one cable service where you have to config through IE? Wth?).

Wireless could work but imagine all the interference. Plus we aren't sure if the room is actually a leadbox quite yet (Although it is doubtful...i mean it IS a convention center).

Like I said before, I love my PC and I done everything I can to tweak it and overclock it but i won't lug it over and wait for people who are troubleshooting or even worse...have myself troubleshooting.

Luckily TVs can fit 4 people and hey, im willing to share that TV with others. It's part of being a console gamer; you gotta share.

But all in all, it's really up to JTChinoy as I can probably guess that it'll consume a whole lot of time and money.

"A heartbeat, sir."

addy

Hmm.. yah i guess. I'm sure they got the one FAT hub that supports like 50+ some odd computers at once. It just a fat box. Maybe have a poll of computers vs cononsoles? I mean what it really comes down to, is how many people are going to participate.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: illuminazn on March 18, 2008, 01:13:15 AM

Luckily TVs can fit 4 people and hey, im willing to share that TV with others. It's part of being a console gamer; you gotta share.

Consoles are just as capable to LAN as a PC is.

If your a actual console gamer, chances are that you have your own console
your friends probably do too.

So no, being a console gamer doesn't mean you have to share.

No Offense of course

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

TC X0 Lt 0X

I'd also like to point out that with PCs, there are factors like Hardware and such.
1 PC may be faster (better,etc) than the one next to it.

unlike PCs however, Consoles all have the same Hardware
Theres no differences from one console to another (assuming there both the same system of course).

They also dont have any troubleshooting problems ether.

No Offense to you PC gamers out there, but consoles are much more efficient to use at a tournament.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

addy

Well, thats kinda like how the 360 is diffrent than the x box. Its the same with computers. It just upgrades more frequently. Its like spitting out newer models of the 360 every month. And not all x box's are a like. The newer model x boxs, i think are worse than the old ones. the originol ones seem more durable in my opinion. 2 of my friends have the newer modle which costs 150 bux around, they crapped out in a couple of months. I have the 300 dollar one, when it first came out and its still working fine.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: addy on March 24, 2008, 11:56:30 PM
Well, thats kinda like how the 360 is diffrent than the x box. Its the same with computers. It just upgrades more frequently. Its like spitting out newer models of the 360 every month. And not all x box's are a like. The newer model x boxs, i think are worse than the old ones. the originol ones seem more durable in my opinion. 2 of my friends have the newer modle which costs 150 bux around, they crapped out in a couple of months. I have the 300 dollar one, when it first came out and its still working fine.

This is True that the new 360s break down easyer than the old ones (Thank God for my 360), but they have no diffrences while running a said game.

The thing is, the old and new 360s run at the same levels, but the new 360 is made with crapier parts  ;D and cant take the stress, and break down.

You could rap your new broken 360 in a blanket, turn it on, and let it "cook" for about 2 hours. After that turn it off for like 30 min and turn it on. It should work. Its really funny when you see your body do this.

BTW, I don't recommend doing it enless your 360 is truly dead, like red ring of death on start up.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

addy

You do know a 360 is basically a computer right? Its got its motherboard, its graphics card, sound card, etc. The video and sound card are just made to fit your tv. You can plug your 360 into the pc monitor if you really wanted to. If i do recall, the old x box was a penitum 3? or 4? forgot. 3.0 ghz or somethign like that.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: addy on March 25, 2008, 10:05:30 PM
You do know a 360 is basically a computer right? Its got its motherboard, its graphics card, sound card, etc. The video and sound card are just made to fit your tv. You can plug your 360 into the pc monitor if you really wanted to. If i do recall, the old x box was a penitum 3? or 4? forgot. 3.0 ghz or somethign like that.

I know, Ive opened up my 360 before(needed to clean the disk lens).

And yes you can hook up your 360 to a PC monitor if you by the proper equipment, though there will be lag.

The only thing that a 360 cant do compared to a PC is surf the internet (well other things too)  ;D

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.