Call of Duty 4, Tourny? Casual Play?

Started by addy, December 07, 2007, 05:27:14 PM

addy

I'm sure there's some way to surf the net. The DS can surf the net, although imo it sucks. You can't watch Youtube video's either. But yah.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: addy on March 27, 2008, 11:13:43 AM
I'm sure there's some way to surf the net. The DS can surf the net, although imo it sucks. You can't watch Youtube video's either. But yah.

You cant, not  thru any legal way anyways.
Microsoft never released a web browser for the 360.
unless you mean the online games, witch really don't count.

"Never beg. You earn. By Winning.
Or else you won't get anything..."

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

addy

Well, yah of course not legally. Did you see the guy who connected 3-5 PS3's together, That has enough power to take on one of the governments super computers. LoL

illuminazn

So, aside from the hardware and such...(Though I really don't mind it).

Lets get back on topic; Is there going to be a CoD4 tourney for sure? I haven't heard anything from Chinoy in awhile.

"How long can an unprotected human being stand up against automatic rifle fire?"
"A heartbeat, sir."
http://www.rangersection.co.nr/
Airborne Ranger Elite Section

Nujabes + Shing02 rocks :D

Chewie

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 27, 2008, 01:14:14 PM
Quote from: addy on March 27, 2008, 11:13:43 AM

You cant, not  thru any legal way anyways.
Microsoft never released a web browser for the 360.
unless you mean the online games, witch really don't count.

And by legally you of course mean that it only voids your warranty (if that) and is not going to get you tossed into jail. Lol

Reikon

Quote from: addy on March 25, 2008, 10:05:30 PM
You do know a 360 is basically a computer right? Its got its motherboard, its graphics card, sound card, etc. The video and sound card are just made to fit your tv. You can plug your 360 into the pc monitor if you really wanted to. If i do recall, the old x box was a penitum 3? or 4? forgot. 3.0 ghz or somethign like that.

All consoles are basically a computer then. Every console has a motherboard, graphics chip, sound chip, etc. The 360 is no different from the PS3 or Wii in that respect. The original Xbox was said to be like a PC because it had a Celeron in it, 700 MHz I believe, and a modified Geforce 4. It used pretty much all regular parts you could get in a regular PC. The 360, PS3, and Wii are different because the parts aren't normal PC parts.

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 25, 2008, 11:21:47 PM
And yes you can hook up your 360 to a PC monitor if you by the proper equipment, though there will be lag.

There isn't any lag from connecting a 360 to a PC monitor.

Quote from: illuminazn on March 28, 2008, 02:00:28 AM
Lets get back on topic; Is there going to be a CoD4 tourney for sure? I haven't heard anything from Chinoy in awhile.

According to the e-gaming site, there should be.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Reikon on March 28, 2008, 11:30:10 AM

And yes you can hook up your 360 to a PC monitor if you by the proper equipment, though there will be lag.

I can assure you, there is Lag, you just have to have a good eye to see it.
Theres also lag for high quality tvs (720i, 1080i, etc.).

Most people don't notice, but some people, like me, do notice, and thats why I play with a wired controller when im being competitive.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Reikon

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 29, 2008, 12:01:08 PM

Most people don't notice, but some people, like me, do notice, and thats why I play with a wired controller when im being competitive.

The lag you are talking about is because some HDTVs are laggy in general or laggy with deinterlacing. It has nothing to do with connecting it to a PC monitor or HD res in general.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: Reikon on March 29, 2008, 09:13:37 PM

The lag you are talking about is because some HDTVs are laggy in general or laggy with deinterlacing. It has nothing to do with connecting it to a PC monitor or HD res in general.

Thats what Im saying, they have frame-Rate Lag

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

Reikon

Quote from: TC_X0_Lt_0X on March 30, 2008, 12:46:22 AM
Quote from: Reikon on March 29, 2008, 09:13:37 PM

Thats what Im saying, they have frame-Rate Lag

No, they don't. Some HDTVs have DISPLAY lag. This is just due to the crappy quality of the TV. It has nothing to do with it being connected to a HD display or a PC monitor.
2008-09 E-gaming staff

TC X0 Lt 0X

What ever lets continue with the REAL topic.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

addy

owned. lol, yah If you want a pro gameing machine, TV / Monitors are key. I think Samsung makes pretty good ones.

TC X0 Lt 0X

Quote from: addy on March 30, 2008, 11:01:33 PM
owned. lol, yah If you want a pro gameing machine, TV / Monitors are key. I think Samsung makes pretty good ones.

Always go for 20inch. MLG Standard  ;D

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

heeroyuy135

Has anyone entered for the COD4 Tourney yet?

addy

nope, I suck with x box. Never played it before.

lycan510

id be so down for this. what format? 2v2? 1v1? FFA? TDM? Sabotage? Domination? HQ?
Locked and Loaded, voices scream "Let's go!" "Come on!" "Do it!" "Here we go!"

Caseyendo

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 25, 2008, 11:13:13 PM
I doubt it'll be PC since at the moment we don't have a network to do any PC tournaments on... unfortunately.  It's either going to be PS3 or 360.  No idea how many 360's we have but we have at least 2 ps3's available.

Yeah I noticed there aren't any available CoD4 standard rules.  I found Halo rules but none for CoD4.
Search and destroy and I don't know what else.  I only played a few times on my bro's 360 so we just played for fun.  We'll see how it goes.

If you guys can agree to a certain set of REASONABLE rules, then we MAY use those.  I read these forums daily so I'll try to help brainstorm if I can.  If standard rules emerge elsewhere, those will be used.
Hello I play COD4 for Major League Gaming.  I'm attending Fanime this year and I would love to play in a COD4 tourny.  Here are the standard rules/maps we play with for 4v4 SnD/DOMO games.  Please contact me by e-mail @ [email protected] if you need anymore help setting up a tourny thanks

All Games

Spectate = Team Only

Friendly Fire = On

Kill Cam = On

Air Support = Off

NOT ALLOWED: Grenades Launchers, x3 Frags, Claymores, C4

Domination

Time Limit = 10 Minutes each

Score Limit = Unlimited

Respawn Delay = 7.5 Seconds

Search and Destroy

Round Length = 3 Minutes

Bomb Timer = 45 Seconds

Plant Timer = 7.5

Defuser Timer = 7.5

Score Limit = 4

Round Switch: Every Round

Game Types

Domination - Backlot

Domination - Crash

Domination - District

Domination - Downpour

Domination - Overgrown

Domination - Strike

Search and Destroy - Backlot

Search and Destroy - Crash

Search and Destroy - Overgrown

Search and Destroy - Pipeline

Search and Destroy - Strike

TC X0 Lt 0X

CoD4 has finally gone MLG?

I thought it was only gamebattles...

Hmm,
good for it.

The sad news however is there not allowing any M rated game tournaments.

No CoD4, Halo, DoA, etc.

Pro-Pocky Movement

GOT HYPE.

heeroyuy135

I was wondering where COD4 was for game tourneys...eh, at least I have the tourney rules, thanks Caseyendo!

illuminazn

aww, what the fail?

:[ I am currently a sad panda.

Well, maybe things will change in a few years after America becomes more desensitized :3 Yay for GTAIV

"How long can an unprotected human being stand up against automatic rifle fire?"
"A heartbeat, sir."
http://www.rangersection.co.nr/
Airborne Ranger Elite Section

Nujabes + Shing02 rocks :D