How do you get YOUR anime?

Started by KawaiiAngel, December 07, 2007, 10:05:43 PM

Otaku_Princess

I don't buy anime anymore. T_T  I have to many bills.

EvilBunnyKid

VEOH!!  Its not illegal if you dont download!  jk,  but seriously :P

quantbits

the people that aren't replying to this thread probably have their bittorent clients open, and aren't going to reply in this thread.

=P

KyraEnsui

Quote from: quantbits on January 12, 2008, 12:14:43 AM
the people that aren't replying to this thread probably have their bittorent clients open, and aren't going to reply in this thread.

=P

^^ That's not true. I'm replying and have my Azuerus open all the time. Other than that, what I like, I will buy because I want to support them.

Shinsengumi

I buy my anime at best buy. the ones that are out in Japan I downloaded them using bittorrent sites, manga I get them at book stores.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

red_thestrals

Quote from: Otaku_Princess on January 01, 2008, 03:21:26 PM
I don't buy anime anymore. T_T  I have to many bills.

yeah me too... i cant  do much with minimum wage... *sigh*

gaaraluvr787

otakuya

Of course, dl-ing/torrents. I usually download the first episode and if I get into it I download the rest or wait till new episodes get released. I'm not into much recent anime lately so I don't download anything until i get a 'trial' run or preview, and i don't fill up my hard drive(s).

I also watch some shows on Comcast On-Demand (Anime Network, Anime Selects, MOJO HD (?), Adult Swim, Cartoon Network, and 4Kids) cuz they rotate their shows weekly and its free with cable subscription. I used to watch whatever KTEH channel 54 showed on Sunday Science Fiction night.

However, I tend to stick to classic anime (early 2000's anime is classic?) and the San Jose public library has a good assortment of 'classic' anime and manga for rent. The choices doesnt get updated enough though.

Sora

Used to be at The Warehouse near where I live, but now, mainly at cons.
"Don't give me any orders."

Zero_Kirby

BDILN

Where I got everything: Torrents. And if you thought you couldn't torrent food... you're wrong... DEAD WRONG.

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

>:( Torrents SUCK! I no know how to use them! :-[

Aki_fox

Quote from: Moogleborg on December 10, 2007, 03:27:16 PM
I either buy it or Crunchyroll it. But I mostly Crunchyroll it! ^^
Same for me! Though I really wouldn't mind buying Shurgo Chara once it comes out to America.

G.I.R

Quote from: L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu on May 07, 2008, 02:41:17 PM
>:( Torrents SUCK! I no know how to use them! :-[
Srsly?  It's pretty easy.  Have you checked out Bittorrents' site?

L3sli3_Lov3s_Chu

._. Nu... Ihafnawt. But'll check it out. Sankyuu!

Magedark

I use Veoh.

I sometimes buy from the internet, but I'll also check my best buy for it.

Kimiko

I buy any anime that I really really like, so I always view it online first, then I purchase wherever they sell anime ^^. Or I will buy things online. As for stores, there's Suncoast, Best Buy, Japantown, etc
2009 Costumes
Pita Ten ~ Shia
Rozen Maiden ~ Hina Ichigo
Gijinka Pokemon ~ Plusle
Salt5 ~ Abe Natsumi

satanic_mechanic

well, unfortunately the nature of alot of anime is formulaic and repeated over and over and over agian ad nauseum...

but the reason I love anime is some of the more artful and innovative ways of telling a narrative.

so if there is something like cowboy beebop or champloo, etc. something that stands out, differentiates and maybe takes some risk in doing so, i will reward its producers by buying it, by showing patronage.

i dont buy manga. at all. maybe as a gift for someone else, but never for myself. just not a big fan.
"I went into the woods because I wanted to live deliberately. I wanted to live deep and suck out all the marrow of life...to put to rout all that was not life; and not, when I came to die, discover that I had not lived." -HD Thoreau

Chewie

I download everything from Mininova or Demonoid.

I buy if I really like but that is rare because anime on the whole is way too expensive.

IshokuOsero

I download the new series that sound interesting to me as they're fansubbed, and then buy them whenever they get them out here (which of course is usually at least two years after they come out in Japan... at least...). For older series from before I found fansubbing stuff, I'll either buy it if it sounds good, or I'll watch it at my boyfriend's house since he probably has well over 150 different Anime series, and he's always buying more.

For manga though, I'll either read them at the bookstore, since I work at one, or I'll buy them. Usually if I've read about 20 pages or so into the first volume and I like it, I'll get it and start collecting the series. I absolutely refuse to buy one-shots, though, yet it's so unfortunate that they're translating so many of those instead of the really awesome series. But I do get my manga at quite a huge discount, so it's safe to say I have more of them than any of my friends (or maybe all of them combined).

Chewie - Anime seriously isn't expensive anymore. I remember it used to be a lot higher priced when I was younger, and the prices keep going down... hell, you can even find single season boxsets for 20 bucks here and there! So you just have to keep your eyes peeled for things when they come out here.