How do you get YOUR anime?

Started by KawaiiAngel, December 07, 2007, 10:05:43 PM

KawaiiAngel

We all know, if there is a will - there is a way to get your anime! But the question is, where do you get yours? Do you buy from overseas? Go to best buy? Specialty stores (which ones?) Or do you do what I do and go on Veoh or crunchy roll?

We can list means of getting anime fixes so that the less fortunate may be informed! :D

Nyxyin

I get anime and manga mostly from sales at http://www.rightsuf.com/ (but I always check for other prices at http://www.dvdpricesearch.com/ first, so I sometimes end up at other vendors when the RightStuf sale isn't good enough).

For the non-licensed stuff, I depend on going to various local anime clubs.

Sunara Ishi

As for buying, normally the usual places that sell anime such as fry's, best buy, Nikaku (I prefer to buy from them when I can 'cause they are a small store. <3 sponsoring small businesses.), yadda yadda yadda....

As for otherwise... those methods I'm not totally free to disclose.... ~cough~torrents~cough~

Borrowing stuffs from friends and watching things at anime clubs are cool also.

My bro introduced veoh to me a few weeks ago... >.> Much better than youtube for video hosting... >.>;
But if you have the money, you should really buy your anime.. -.-;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

KyraEnsui

I usually buy animes online like Rightstuf or go into stores like Best Buy or some anime shops around the local area.

^^;; For me, who enjoys new animes coming in Japan, I would watch it on Crunchyroll. I download raws episodes too from TokyoTosho site. It helps me because what I like is what I buy.

zoupzuop2

Find new series:

if (on youtube == 'true') {
    watch(youtube);
} else if (on crunchyroll == 'true') {
    watch(cruncnyroll);
} else {
    miss out(zoupzuop2);

OR

I just buy it if I already know it works.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

phoenixphire24

For buying, I usually use rightstuf or pacificdvd because they have the best deals. Unless Best Buy has a great sale, I pretty much only buy anime online.

As for non-buying, I use Netflix, crunchyroll, and my local anime club.

Gatsby

I usually buy them online now. I do love Netflix for building my collection. <_<

Tony

Somewhat off-topic, but I was listening to a talk from one of the BitTorrent execs, and I thought it was funny how he identified the Anime community as a specific subset of their users. This was right alongside groups like linux distros and government network infrastructures. He was shy about discussing piracy, but seemed really excited-and oblivious of the irony-about the anime community.  :D
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

LastElixir

Moogleborg

I either buy it or Crunchyroll it. But I mostly Crunchyroll it! ^^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.