Does the DJ take requests?

Started by Mister_E, December 10, 2007, 10:23:25 PM

RyuHayabusa

Would it be possible to give one of the Fanime DJ's during the dance a CD called "The Garnet Star"? It's a Touhou Remix CD but it's so good. If anyone wants to hear a sample of it, let me know by pm or aim. thanks :3
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

IamTetsuo

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on January 29, 2008, 11:15:12 PM
Would it be possible to give one of the Fanime DJ's during the dance a CD called "The Garnet Star"? It's a Touhou Remix CD but it's so good. If anyone wants to hear a sample of it, let me know by pm or aim. thanks :3

Quote from: Dj Stormy Rayner on January 26, 2008, 01:01:51 PM

ok heres another issue you will have to think of, theres alot of reasons you cant just hand a DJ a CD, first of all if a DJ is playing CDs you gotta understand the quality of the CD needs to be mp3 at 320 Bitrate quality or Wav or any other high quality types of audio files or the file is either a 256 vinyl rip (that is if you have the skills to rip a vinyl into high quality) because anything lower than 256 Bitrate on a large sound system sounds AWFUL. you will notice alot of songs you probly have are 192 quality or something like that, thats fine if you have it on a Ipod or listening to it through headphones. but on a large pa system it will sound like crap no matter how well you try to master it on the mixer, so the audio would have to be the highest quality.
and of course comes the whole issue is the DJ even taking requests at all which most don't anyways. they are chosen to do their job because they know what people like to begin with, so i would say put faith in the DJ what you might wanna hear might not be what everyone else wants to hear, and a good DJ can read the masses and deliver its not possible to please everyone though i'm sure the songs you chose everyone there would love, but at a party always put good faith in the DJs if they are good they will know what the floor wants and how to deliver. i hope this was a little educational for you =)

Cheers,

Stormy Rayner @ http://www.myspace.com/djstormyrayner