==============================================

How many rooms are available in which Hotels?:

Hilton - is 98% sold out.

Marriott is 97% sold out.

St. Claire is 93% sold out.

Fairmont is 58% sold out.

Crowne is 97% sold out.

Montgomery is 64% sold out.

If you are looking for a hotel, only the Fairmont has rooms...

See you guys next year...

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

LadyKaren

FanFicGuru

Hey Craige how do we distinguish suites? I only see a general price list, no suite separation.

Also, DAMN! Rooms are going very fast. Luckily I snagged mine up quick.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: LadyKaren on December 11, 2007, 01:33:18 PM
Craige should do percents like he did last year. <3

I've decided to pass on it this year  ;D  and just list the actual numbers, unless more people really want them and I'll do it.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: FanFicGuru on December 11, 2007, 04:37:49 PM
Hey Craige how do we distinguish suites? I only see a general price list, no suite separation.

Also, DAMN! Rooms are going very fast. Luckily I snagged mine up quick.

I'm going to start charting that after the Crowne contract is signed.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Tuplica

Is the Hilton not going to offer its rate on the Thursday of the con?  (the 22nd)  Or did it sell out already?  I'm trying to figure out whether to go with them and just come in a day later or go for one of the alternatives and stay starting on Thursday...
Attending Fanime since 2002, having panic attacks and editing marathons since 2003.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Tuplica on December 18, 2007, 10:12:09 PM
Is the Hilton not going to offer its rate on the Thursday of the con?  (the 22nd)  Or did it sell out already?  I'm trying to figure out whether to go with them and just come in a day later or go for one of the alternatives and stay starting on Thursday...

OMG!!!   :o

Okay, here's what going on, the primary nights for FanimeCon are Friday through Sunday nights.  Any other night is referred to in the hotel business hotel as 'shoulder nights'; Thursday being one of those should nights.  We normally don't book a lot of those nights, because in the past we haven't had a real had a need for them.

However, this year we have sold all our shoulder nights prior to the start of FanimeCon, being Thursday and Wednesday.  I've call CMR and confirmed that they are calling all the hotels and seeking additional shoulder nights from them and they will be put up on the reservation system as soon as possible.

That means that you will need to go back into your reservation, if you made one and request an additional night's stay.  The same low rate will apply.

Does that help?

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

LadyKaren

PassingTheBuck

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

So is the Crowne still holding out? I'd like to know when the suites will become available...
Swap meet staff - 2014

LadyKaren

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: FanFicGuru on December 27, 2007, 01:59:11 PM
So is the Crowne still holding out? I'd like to know when the suites will become available...

We finally got a contract with them and they are offering us no Suites this year and there isn't much we can do about it.  They are listed on the Web Site.  Sorry about the Suites.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FanFicGuru

Quote from: PassingTheBuck on January 01, 2008, 06:59:07 AM

We finally got a contract with them and they are offering us no Suites this year and there isn't much we can do about it.  They are listed on the Web Site.  Sorry about the Suites.

Craige...

So there are no suites at all? Or just no suites at the Crowne?
Swap meet staff - 2014

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 01, 2008, 01:31:32 PM
Quote from: PassingTheBuck on January 01, 2008, 06:59:07 AM

Craige...

So there are no suites at all? Or just no suites at the Crowne?

No Crowne Suites, but there Suites available at the Marriott and Fairmont....

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

FinalShadows

I'm assuming these numbers are going to go down as soon as SacAnime is done =P
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

Moonblossom

Once these fill up, will any more be booked? I waited too long to book mine apparently, and have gotted fuxed by the lack of rooms available at the Hilton. It's the only hotel that allows smoking, which is kind of a necessity due to my choice of travel companions ><''

edit: Hit submit too soon, whoops. I've got a booking for the Marriott (because they couldn't put me on the waitlist without making a proper booking) and am on the waiting list for the Hilton, but if nothing there opens up it's kind of pointless ~.~;;

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: FinalShadows on January 01, 2008, 11:08:45 PM
I'm assuming these numbers are going to go down as soon as SacAnime is done =P

Are you asking, once SacAnime is done, that more people are going to book hotel rooms... Yeah, I would image that it's going to get uglier than it already is now.  Frankly I've never seen us sell these many rooms so fast, I mean think about it, we have already sold almost half of everything we've got, last year that took us until the middle of February to do the same thing.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 03, 2008, 10:37:29 AM
Once these fill up, will any more be booked? I waited too long to book mine apparently, and have gotted fuxed by the lack of rooms available at the Hilton. It's the only hotel that allows smoking, which is kind of a necessity due to my choice of travel companions ><''

edit: Hit submit too soon, whoops. I've got a booking for the Marriott (because they couldn't put me on the waitlist without making a proper booking) and am on the waiting list for the Hilton, but if nothing there opens up it's kind of pointless ~.~;;

Okay Moonbloosm, you have managed to confuse me, I'm looking at the internal numbers for the hotel blocks and I see that the Hilton has plenty of rooms available from Wednesday prior to the convention to the Monday, at the end of the convention.  Do you mean that you can't get a smoking room, because they are filled up?  Yeah, that's a b*tch, because they only have a VERY limited number of those rooms in the Hilton, but I thought all the hotels have a couple of smoking rooms? 

Mind if I make a suggestion?  Have you called CMR to find out if they can assist you better than I can?  They might be able to check with the Fairmont, the Crowne or the St. Claire to see if they have any 'special' rooms for you. 

Craige...

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

Moonblossom

I spoke with CMR. I'd be flying in on the 22nd and flying out on the 27th, there are apparently no rooms left on the 26th right now, or so I was told. The smoking thing wasn't even an option when I called, because there were just no rooms at the Hilton for that time period.

I have to be able to stay there the nights of the 25 and 26, since I'm flying from eastern Canada and have to take early morning flights to get back home.

If somehow you're seeing rooms available for the night of the 26th as well, then there's some confusion somewhere... ~.~;;

And no, all the other con hotels are "Entirely Smoke Free For Your Benefit!! *insert smiley here*". Apparently people who smoke no longer have the same rights as people who don't in Cali ;P I called all their front desks to verify. Yay hoog phone bills.

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: Moonblossom on January 04, 2008, 08:19:25 PM
I spoke with CMR. I'd be flying in on the 22nd and flying out on the 27th, there are apparently no rooms left on the 26th right now, or so I was told. The smoking thing wasn't even an option when I called, because there were just no rooms at the Hilton for that time period.

I have to be able to stay there the nights of the 25 and 26, since I'm flying from eastern Canada and have to take early morning flights to get back home.

If somehow you're seeing rooms available for the night of the 26th as well, then there's some confusion somewhere... ~.~;;

And no, all the other con hotels are "Entirely Smoke Free For Your Benefit!! *insert smiley here*". Apparently people who smoke no longer have the same rights as people who don't in Cali ;P I called all their front desks to verify. Yay hoog phone bills.

Hi,

On Monday 26th, I show 10 room open and I'm doing a live time check on it, right now...

Did you get a name of the person you talked to at CMR?  Do you have a date and time that you talked to them; it helps, but is not necessary.

If you can't see it or CMR says its not there again, I'll check with CMR by linking this thread to them.

Let's see what's happening.

Craige...
Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016