paying with cash

Started by DNAPureStyle, December 13, 2007, 06:17:37 PM

DNAPureStyle

As i understand it i can just mail in cash instead of a check and it'll work fine. But I'm wondering where i should write my account number since the instructions said to write it on the check. Should i just include a piece of paper with the account number on it in the envelope?

Krnchichiri

Quote from: DNAPureStyle on December 13, 2007, 06:17:37 PM
As i understand it i can just mail in cash instead of a check and it'll work fine. But I'm wondering where i should write my account number since the instructions said to write it on the check. Should i just include a piece of paper with the account number on it in the envelope?
You can clearly mark it saying ACCOUNT NUMBER: ---
Or you can write it either in the blank next to FOR at the bottom of the check while also labeling it ACCOUNT NUMBER: ----.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

BrightHeart76

Not to sound mean, but it's usually a bad idea to send cash in the mail.  I can't speak for Fanime's policy, but it is usually frowned on by the post office to send cash thru the mail.  If Fanime is allowing this please do yourself a favor and make sure it is well disguished.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

DNAPureStyle

well the problem is that i don't have a checking account. and don't i have to be the one to buy it to be able to pick it up at the con?

KyraEnsui

You should check this out: http://www.fanime.com/registration/. If you scroll down a bit, then it should say what payment they prefer. Payment for registration can be made either by Paypal or by mailing in a check/money order. If you don't have a checking account, it's easy to open one. Another option is money order. You can buy it at the post office or any stores that sells them with a little fee.

DNAPureStyle

Oh well, that clears it up for me. thanks. ^^

M

Just for clarification, while it's not illegal to send cash through the mail it's not advised by anyone. The reasons are that there isn't any sort of paper trail (anyone that handles the envelope, from the mailman on, could just steal the money and reseal the envelope). I know that the post office used to inspect letters for cash (I don't know the reason), but I don't know if it's still done today.

Also, Money Orders only cost ~.90 cents anyways =)
FanimeCon Head of Marketing & Director of Communications (2008-Current)
(Former Fan Services Director, Registration Staff, & Volunteer)
Have questions (about almost anything)? Message me!