Fanime ninja assassination game

Started by abcbadcat, December 16, 2007, 12:56:27 AM

abcbadcat

.:General Rules:.
  • Instead of post-it notes, you are going to have to make kills by tapping or poking your opponent(s)'s shoulder or back.
  • For a registered kill, you must make sure you get the opponent's "life card" (Which is either a post-it note or note card with some sort of drawing/signature to identify you by. It's advised that you use a colored pen or marker to do this. Please have your "life cards" signed prior to the game).
  • If you do not get the opponent's attention and get their "life card" you do not get a registered kill.
  • When you kill someone, they must not be aware of your presence until you make contact with them. If you're aware of a ninja's presence, it's your duty to make it known and not be killed.
  • If you are spotted before you make the kill, you MUST walk away and try again in ~5 minutes.
  • It is YOUR resposibility to make sure you get the opponent's attention and acquire the "life card."
  • Lost "life cards" will not count as registered kills. If you find a "life card," feel free to take it as your own kill!
  • You may have an infinite ammount of "life cards," so bring lots of post it notes and or note cards (bring enough for as many days as you are going to play.)
  • If you run out of "life cards", you are out of the game... but you can always just get more!

.:Identification:.
  • It's advisable that you attend the pre-meet. You will be at a loss since you won't know the faces of your enemies, plus we will go over any left-over questions.
  • As identification for this game, instead of walking around with your "life cards" in hand (since people might forget), we will have purple green yarn to identify all the players (The yarn will either have to be on your wirst, neck, or ankle).
  • You and your opponent must have your yarn on and visible for kills to count.
  • People who attend the pre-meet will be given complementary yarn. You may supply your own yarn as well, but it must be some shade of purple green!
  • We are currently talking to people in the artist alley and dealers room who may be able to distribute yarn for free... so stay tuned!

.:Teams:.
  • This game is not necessarily a team game so feel free to go solo!
  • Any two ninjas may create a team but to join an existing team you must request (unless otherwise noted by the team captain(s))
  • You may only be a member of one team at a time. Once you join a team, you cannot switch teams.
  • You can be in a team but you can not tag members on your own team.
  • Your team name should be written under your signature/symbol/whatever on your "life card".

.:Scoring:.
  • On Sunday night at 10PM, We will conclude the game the game by having a final meetup to tally kills and determine who is the stealthiest ninja/team.
  • The concluding meet-up is entirely optional to attend

.:Other:.
  • This is our first outing into a large scale game like this and we know these rules aren't perfect, so any other suggestions are very welcome!
  • This game will not have prizes and is meant solely for fun and to meet new people
  • NO RUNNING! I can't stress this enough, you will get in trouble for running so DON'T DO IT!
  • Also guys... Don't touch any of the girls inappropriately... You'll get kicked out, possibly arrested, and your ass beat... seriously.
.:Registration:.
  • Please state which day and time would be most convient for the pre-game meet up.
  • Please leave your forum name/fan name in the list below of players.

.:Immunity Spots:.
  • At an active pannel or workshop
  • Singing Karaoke
  • Any form of photography
  • Dance Floor
  • In an active game (tabletop, arcade, card, etc)
  • Bathroom stalls or urinals, Eating, etc.
Everywhere else including Downtown San Jose, Outside the conevention center, Hotel lobbys... you better watch yo back ninja!

Ninja List:
(Team Speedycataz)
1) abcbadcat
2) cappeh
3) Solequincy
4) krnljzghp

(Team Famous)
3) Ramen
4) Agent Dre
5) Cj
6) Milk Sempai
7) Anthony Kupo
8) Kid Raichu

Solo
1) nf33
2) Killing Stars
3) lelek
4) Kuroi
5) Nick Zebra
6) Nick Zebra's friend
7) Havok rt

Not Noted:
1) Kumar
2) TC_X0_Lt_0X
3) Chibblz

PLEASE SPREAD THE WORD SO WE CAN HAVE A HUGE BATTLE!

xRaMeNx117

This sounds awesome and a lot of fun. It could also be a good way to make new friends. I think that in order to "assassinate" a player you should place the post it on they're shoulder. Also is there away to win? Like would teams keep track of how many they get? Im in for this and I have friends who will also be down to play.
XBL GamerTag: xViciousxRamenx

abcbadcat

Quote from: xRaMeNx117 on December 16, 2007, 04:21:28 AM
This sounds awesome and a lot of fun. It could also be a good way to make new friends. I think that in order to "assassinate" a player you should place the post it on they're shoulder. Also is there away to win? Like would teams keep track of how many they get? Im in for this and I have friends who will also be down to play.

I was thinking stomach/chest/and possibly head since those are all really important parts of the body.

I was thinking if when you kill somone you can get the killer, victim, and a friend to verify a kill and they sign a paper or something. This would also need more interaction during the signing process.

It also wouldn't need to be teams. Just free for all and the person with the most kills wins.

xRaMeNx117

Sounds kool but im thinking some people will have a prolem with people touching there chest head or stomach. Mostly girls though. and u have to consider people who might take offence cuz of personal space and what not. Cuz I know I don't want anyone putting stuff on my man melons XD (jk don't have man melons) well I hope this works out cuz it sounds so fun!

abcbadcat

I suppose shoulders would work for everyone but takes way from the "vital organs" killing.

Barnes

Your game reminds me of the movie Gotcha! , but not at UCLA, and not having paintball.
Also a Proud Fanime Con Attendee since 1998!
Yay, Haruko.
http://myanimelist.net/profile/CapeBarnes

Tur713

Yeah. I kinda like the post-it note idea. Why don't you move over to my thread and let's see what we can get going.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

Niaro

I wouldn't aim for the neck. D: A lot of bad things can happen quick. If you're lucky, just a sore throat in the end though if something does happen. Other areas are good though. :3;

Druix

Sounds awesome. I'm up for it. And I know some of my friends would love it, too.

So, like, would only other players be okay to target? In other words, would we have to carry our post-its out in the open as a sign to other people that we were playing? Because it might freak out nonplayers if people started sticking post-it notes to them o_O;

2010 Cosplays:
~Sasuke Uchiha (Naruto: Shippuuden)
~Katara (Avatar Book 3)
~Monkey D. Luffy (One Piece)
~Cain (Starfighter)
~Sebastian (Kuroshitsuji)

abcbadcat

Quote from: Druix on December 18, 2007, 06:27:46 PM
Sounds awesome. I'm up for it. And I know some of my friends would love it, too.

So, like, would only other players be okay to target? In other words, would we have to carry our post-its out in the open as a sign to other people that we were playing? Because it might freak out nonplayers if people started sticking post-it notes to them o_O;

Yes, you are only allowed to tag players.

If the non-players want to join in then they need a post it note pad.

Also, we will need the medium sized colored post-its and sharpies to doodle on the post-its.

localuvr

Sounds cool. Mind if I join in on the fun? I'd love to try this out.
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

abcbadcat

Quote from: localuvr on December 18, 2007, 08:50:00 PM
Sounds cool. Mind if I join in on the fun? I'd love to try this out.

Yeah, I should make a list of people who want to join.

Raydere

That would be an interesting concept.

If you put that plan to use, hit me up on AIM about it.
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

abcbadcat

Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on December 18, 2007, 09:41:04 PM

Oh, I really want this to happen.

I guess we'll just need to figure out how we are going to do a scoring method and if we should do prizes.

I think if everyone pitches in a dollar... the winner could get like $10 - $20.

Would everyone be in for a dollar?

xRaMeNx117

I can help u organize it. We can run it like street wars I'll provide links to the info next post. If your making a list put me down and then 3 other players (friends who are going with me).

localuvr

Quote from: abcbadcat on December 18, 2007, 09:47:02 PM
Quote from: G.S. LXVIII on December 18, 2007, 09:41:04 PM

Oh, I really want this to happen.

I guess we'll just need to figure out how we are going to do a scoring method and if we should do prizes.

I think if everyone pitches in a dollar... the winner could get like $10 - $20.

Would everyone be in for a dollar?
I'll give a dollar!
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Ryumon Hozukimaru

That sounds awesome. I have about 5 friends that would also like to play and we could all chip in some money. If there is a list, put me on it.
The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

Gin Rummy

xRaMeNx117

We could run it similar to this. First off no squirt guns just post its.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StreetWars

Official website
Http://www.streetwars.net

Im down for putting in a buck and so will my friends. So the last person standing and maybe the person with the most "assassinations" will split the pot? And then ninja dinner!! We have to come up with a cool name too. Like fani-wars...wait no lmao XD
Also who is gonna buy all the post it notes for the game? I possibly could I just need to know that this will happen for sure.

abcbadcat

Quote from: xRaMeNx117 on December 20, 2007, 02:52:58 AM
We could run it similar to this. First off no squirt guns just post its.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/StreetWars

Official website
Http://www.streetwars.net

Im down for putting in a buck and so will my friends. So the last person standing and maybe the person with the most "assassinations" will split the pot? And then ninja dinner!! We have to come up with a cool name too. Like fani-wars...wait no lmao XD
Also who is gonna buy all the post it notes for the game? I possibly could I just need to know that this will happen for sure.

Well let me go to a store first and pick out the right size then everyone will have to get their own but they will have to be the right size.

Im thinking the person with the most kills will get the money.

From the looks of it... this is shaping up pretty nicely. By the time con happens and everyone is in, we should have at least $25 in the pot.

EvilBunnyKid

I really like the post-it idea, and to tell who has just assasinated you we can put like little designs on the post-it.  Kinda like AIR GEAR and their stickers.  I would really like to play that way, cause I really dont like walking around with sharpie all over my skin, I cosplay people!!

Also if a cosplayer was playing I dont think that they would take the chance of having someone mark their costume. :'(