Fanime ninja assassination game

Started by abcbadcat, December 16, 2007, 12:56:27 AM

Otaku_Princess

If I play my cosplay should be safe. lol

Tur713

Here's an idea from a thread I started that has now come to follow similar rules to this thread. Tell me what you think of this concept:
Quote from: Tur713 on December 14, 2007, 11:19:18 PM
To add to stealth, atmosphere, and most importantly decreased chance of crossfire casualties the game will take place in the evening. Players will carry and attempt to collect each other's custom "dog tags". Players will be also marked by a yet to be determined unifying symbol. Number of dog tags is not yet decided. If a player runs out of their own tags, they are out unless they are willing to give up collected tags. Any player can join or return to the game if another player gives them at least one tag. There should be an end gathering where we count up tags and decide a winner.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

localuvr

I'm all for it. The only question I have is this:where are we gonna get "dog tags"?
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Tur713

As I went to sleep last night, the answer to that question came to me. The "dogtags" will be the player's own post-it notes with the player's signature and or doodle on it. This will give you a reason to try to avoid getting hit beacuse it'll take away another possible hit for yourself. Now we just need to decide on an appropriate size and count for the post its.

EDIT: Dog Tags could also be decided to be a separate set of post it note. Which do you guys prefer?

abcbadcat

Eh, the dog tag thing is alright but im not really liking the idea all that much...

Its a good idea but... eh.

Tur713

Quote from: abcbadcat on January 09, 2008, 01:53:10 AM
Eh, the dog tag thing is alright but im not really liking the idea all that much...

Its a good idea but... eh.
I just imagine that it'd be one of the easiest ways to keep a point system. It can be fine tuned; some of that was from when I was forming my own game. The whole, "running out, trading, and giving" dog tags worked a whole lot better with my old system than this one. Dog tags will allow you and everyone else to know who you "killed".

localuvr

I think it's a good idea. Not entirely original, but a good idea, none the less. I'm all for it

Tur713

What do you think of that recent revision Abcbadcat? I think the tags help us give the game a scoring system that's otherwise missing thus far in the game.

Death_Note_Matt

OMG sounds fun I want to Play XD HAHAHAH XD YESSSS I AM SO IN!!
Another Player has Entered the Game

localuvr

Yay, you're in! Can't wait to see you there!

Death_Note_Matt

FUZZ YESSS!! SEE YOU  THERE AHHAHAHAHAHA!!! [Ish excited]

Quote from: localuvr on January 12, 2008, 09:21:52 PM
Yay, you're in! Can't wait to see you there!
Another Player has Entered the Game

Rainbow Ichi

It says here its a ninja assasination game D: does that mean all the targets are Ninjas?

How about random cosplayers?

If we had some sort of announcement system,we could tell all the people at Fanime that we have this game, and a prize to anyone who get a lot of people 'posted' because we will all aquire this sheet of paper when we get into fanime, and we tally how much people we've already 'posted'

like, anyone wearing a [insert certain anime/certain clothing here] should be prepared because you're the 'post' targets for the next 2 hours within the day.

something along thos lines...
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

abcbadcat

Quote from: Rainbow Ichi on January 18, 2008, 10:48:17 AM
It says here its a ninja assasination game D: does that mean all the targets are Ninjas?

If we had some sort of announcement system,we could tell all the people at Fanime that we have this game, and a prize to anyone who get a lot of people 'posted' because we will all aquire this sheet of paper when we get into fanime, and we tally how much people we've already 'posted'

like, anyone wearing a [insert certain anime/certain clothing here] should be prepared because you're the 'post' targets for the next 2 hours within the day.

lol Rainbow Ichi, I met you at Far out Toys that one day.

Anyways, only people with other sticky notes, THOSE are the ONLY other people you may stick.

Also, it would seem impractical to make a conwide announcement

To everyone else, plans have not been finalized but there will be no prize, the game is open to anyone who is willing to particpate with Post-it notes, and a few other rules not yet finalized.

Rainbow Ichi

Quote from: abcbadcat on January 19, 2008, 05:31:23 AM

Anyways, only people with other sticky notes, THOSE are the ONLY other people you may stick.

To everyone else, plans have not been finalized but there will be no prize, the game is open to anyone who is willing to particpate with Post-it notes, and a few other rules not yet finalized.

well it was a suggestion after all D: plus that fact I'm going on a ninja costume.
So I suppose I'd better be very skilled in my 'hiding jutsu' in order to not get 'assasinated' XD
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

Tur713

Quote from: abcbadcat on January 19, 2008, 05:31:23 AM
Quote from: Rainbow Ichi on January 18, 2008, 10:48:17 AM

Don't hold me to it yet, but I may be able to provide a prize for the winner. We could also ask for donations. Nothing too expensive, just a little something fun. That would, however, require us to have an end of game gathering and I don't know if we're going to do that.

localuvr

if you want to give them a prize, why not post a poll for some items? also, please keep up the awesome work and ideas!  ;D

narutofan17

This sounds very interesting. Count me in. I think it's going to be very ironic since I'll be cosplaying as Jiraiya. XD
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

localuvr

Quote from: narutofan17 on January 23, 2008, 09:01:08 AM
This sounds very interesting. Count me in. I think it's going to be very ironic since I'll be cosplaying as Jiraiya. XD
why is it ironic?

narutofan17

Quote from: localuvr on January 23, 2008, 03:07:21 PM
Quote from: narutofan17 on January 23, 2008, 09:01:08 AM
why is it ironic?
Because I'll be cosplaying as Jiraiya who is a ninja/hermit
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

localuvr