Fanime ninja assassination game

Started by abcbadcat, December 16, 2007, 12:56:27 AM

Xeluu

The biggest two issues I could see arising from this are the use of Sharpies and Markers, and potential running around the convention center.

The pens, because if they're not capped 99% of the time (and even then...) you run the risk of someone backing into you, or you turning and getting someone else with the sharpie. x_X I can just see the ruined costumes now. Perhaps, if you were to do this, make some sort of shirt especially for the event? A plain white shirt with some sort of symbol or sign to designate them as part of the game.

And no matter how many people you tell not to run, someone will ruin it for the others. You'd also probably have to have a no "speed walking" rule. *shrug* Just saying.

If you all DO get the okay to do this, I won't be participating, but I'll have great fun keeping track of who's playing and seeing how many times they've been hit.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

Tur713

Quote from: iNSOMNiAC on January 29, 2008, 01:09:16 AM
Quote from: Tur713 on January 28, 2008, 10:55:22 PM
Teams would pretty much be people who agree not to attack each other.

Wouldn't... that give teams an advantage? In getting more "kills" and stuff?
Not if we don't keep score. I don't know, I'm just tossing ideas out there and seeing what sticks.

@Xeluu: We've since opted to use post-its instead of markers.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Tur713 on January 29, 2008, 01:44:04 AM

Not if we don't keep score. I don't know, I'm just tossing ideas out there and seeing what sticks.

Ah, okay then. Go ahead and continue, I was just saying.

narutofan17

So if there is no points how do we know when it's over. Have a set time limit? Even then what do you accomplish after the time is up?
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Tur713

Quote from: narutofan17 on January 29, 2008, 07:32:55 AM

So if there is no points how do we know when it's over. Have a set time limit? Even then what do you accomplish after the time is up?
What do you accomplish with anything in Fanime? Nothing really when you think about it. It's just all good fun. :D

Xeluu

Ah, misread that then, I was thinking you were using the post it's to mark on, not attack with. XD That should be rather amusing, especially since I know people who can throw them and get them to stealth stick to the back of people without their noticing.
2016 Cosplay Plans
Gomamon/Gabumon - Digimon
Jolteon Gijinka - Pokemon
Oogie Boogie - Nightmare Before Christmas

narutofan17

Quote from: Tur713 on January 29, 2008, 12:21:44 PM
Quote from: narutofan17 on January 29, 2008, 07:32:55 AM

What do you accomplish with anything in Fanime? Nothing really when you think about it. It's just all good fun. :D
XD I know that but don't you think we should have at least a time limit?  I can just see it now, we start playing and when it's over everyone's gone. We'll be like "Where is everyone?" And come to find out Fanime was over like 2 weeks ago. XDDDDD

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

xRaMeNx117

Ok so for teams I would suggest teams of 3 or 4.

Have 2 SEPERATE games. A game for lone wolves one day and a game for teams the next.

For a time limit I would say from say 6:00am saturday to 10:00pm  and the second game 6:00 am to 10:00 sunday.

And as far as pens go can be used just to keep score (please read my last post for the idea of score keeping)

We really need a default rule list for people to look over just for now and then expand upon it as we go along.
XBL GamerTag: xViciousxRamenx

localuvr

I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Tur713

Abcbadcat, it's your thread. Wanna pull together some rules?

Also, I still don't see why we can't let there be a mix of teams or lone assassins. It would make it more interesting and you'd have no idea how many people were with a single target. You could even get someone so good that they take out a whole team without getting touched. ;)

localuvr

well, that's a good idea too. why not do a three day thing? one day teams only, one day lones only, then one day mixed?
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

narutofan17

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

Tur713

Lone day could be Friday, Teams Saturday, and Sunday's Mixed.

Or nights after 10 could be mixed as well.

xRaMeNx117

Quote from: Tur713 on January 31, 2008, 05:44:53 PM
Lone day could be Friday, Teams Saturday, and Sunday's Mixed.

Or nights after 10 could be mixed as well.

That sounds good too. It'll be good for the people who have nothing better to do. It'll  be awesome because everyone will be very paranoid on who to look out for.

But we still need a scoring system to name off winners n such. I think braggin rights is kool to be able to be called the number 1 ninja/ninja team of fanime. But like I said maybe we could have a pot of money for the winners.

Also on the last night or  some other time we need a gathering to meet people and mingle.

I also had an idea of a team flag game were at the beginning of the game a flag is placed at a random place and the teams (perferably teams of 6 10 to) have to go out and get it before any of the other teams do. When a team has the flag the other teams must hunt down the team who has the flag and assainate one of there members to get the flag. The team who wins is the team who has the flag at the end of the game. (Maybe better then the vip team game) also there will be limits on where players are aloud to go. Like all teams must stay in the convention center during the game.

It will be interesting because if a team has the flag to long teams will work together, and ultimately betray each other to get the flag.

(Sorry so long ^_^;)

Tur713

If you really want a point system, I have one worked out on page three. Just check out my first three posts on that page.

abcbadcat

Tur713, you keep trying to push the whole "dogtags" idea. I like the idea but you don't need to call it dogtags.

If we do use "dogtags" we can just have seperate post-its with our "signature" on it so no one else can replicate it. Then we can keep score later. You just need to hold onto the "dogtags" you have collected.

Also, the post-its don't need to be stuck onto people, as long as you "tag" someone then you have to get a "dogtag" from them.

Just thinking about it... how about glowsticks? We you constantly have a glowstick in your hand so other players can see if you are playing and we can use those as "kunai/weapons" to make kills. You can poke someone in the back, arm, side, and it wouldn't involve you touching someone inapproprately.
<<... Narutofan17 (lol j/k)

So actually, we won't need Post-Its just some form of identification cards we can give out... I was thinking notecards because they are cheap, avalible everywhere, and if you want to draw designs on them there will be plenty of space.

I haven't posted in a while because I have been checking the thread but I like getting your guys' ideas and working off of those and coming up with my own.

I do like the idea of "lone day" "team day" and "mixed day" which would be able to work on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (respectivley).

Also, the times could be from 10am - 10pm and we can have a meetup at 10pm so we can figure out points winners and dole out prizes if we do go that route.

Glowsticks are cheap, can be used for the rave and the ninja game and are a good way to identify other players.

What does everyone else think of this?

xRaMeNx117

Sounds good but I think the whole tag thing will couse problems. Like people taking off when they know a person is about to get them(turning the game in to tag bassicly). Also the whole "no you didn't get me ruahahaha" and as you know the con dosnt like running and horse play and blah blah.

If we stick with the post its on the shoulder it will elminate the possiblity of someone touching another player in a wrong way. There isn't anything wrong with a pat on the shoulder. The game would just basicly turn into tag IMO

Tur713

Okay from here on out "dog tags" will be refered to as "tag cards." I wasn't pushing it this time either; someone asked about a point system and I sent them to the only one we've worked on.

Glow sticks might work until after the rave. Then it might not be such safe bet. We may want something placed on someone's badge. Like a red ribbon or something.

THEBROTHERHOOD_CEO

Okay, can we get a revised set of rules for the game up here? there is alot of enthusiasm, but lets try to keep it organized.

the rules should be as simple as possible with as few construction materials employed.

xRaMeNx117

Yes we really need something to go off of.