Japan Town Anime Faire 2003

Started by wen, June 26, 2003, 01:58:04 PM

CloudStrife546

Well can't give ya a ride SKN, sorry...

BUT!  Suggestion to all boarders who are going.  You can be like me and wear a "IT'S ME" sign on your shirt.

RyuHayabusa

well, I will be going and going to spend the night over at my friend's house, so I won't have to commute back and forth from Hayward. ^__^ I hope to see the fanime board people there....we gotta represent yo.

SKN: why don't you take greyhound? It's $25 r/t from sacramento to Oakland...at least you can take that and get on BART :D
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

the_Pink_Panther24

lol. so ironic that the transportation is actually more then the con entry fee itself. almost trippled. ^^  :lol:

but thats me and my monty python, brittishly dry humor.

i think i just made a word. brittishly!

Brittishly: ADV. to act in a way in which you put musterd on everything. and put the word "govna" at the end of every sentence.
EX: Josh the pink panther has his brittishly unique sense of comedy.

SuperKawaiiNeko

Yeah, see, if I could do that, Ryudo, I wouldnt have a problem, now would I? =P Im poor remember?

And who needs signs? Why doesnt everyone just wear the board badge you got from Suspi? Thats what Im gonna do (if I get to go)
President, Moldimort Inc.
A new division of Neko-Spaz enterprises worldwide
I mocked Haru! Ask me how!

Attendee 1998-2001 Volunteer 2002-2008 Swap Meet Staff 2009
Head of Volunteers 2010

YuriGurrl

Yah, I'm poor to, I feel your pain SKN, damn my minimum wage job!
Yah, I'm a little over-the-top, but isn't it fun?

kndy

SAN FRANCISCO’S JAPAN TOWN TO HOST FIRST ANIME FAIRE

SAN FRANCISCO, CA (August 28, 2003) â€" San Francisco-based productions company, Project 760 Productions and the Japantown Merchants Association are pleased to announce the first Japan Town Anime Faire (JTAF) (www.jtaf.com).

Japan Town Anime Faire is a two-day Japanese animation convention held on September 13-14, 2003 at the historic Japan Town location in San Francisco, California.   The event will be held at three locations in Japan Town: The Best Western Miyako Inn, the Radisson Miyako Hotel and the Peace Plaza at Japan Center.

Ray Nagar, JTAF chief organizer said, “There are major anime events in Southern California and the South Bay area but for years, anime fans have asked why the Japan Town area hasn’t had its own anime event.  Through the help of the merchants in Japan Town, that idea has become a reality.”  

Japan Town Anime Faire’s diverse programming schedule includes Japanese animation screening rooms, a masquerade/cosplay contest, a dance (sponsored by Paramount's ParaCon), an Anime Faire swap meet, information tables, guest panels, video gaming room, contests and more!  Panel programming consists of fan panels as well as panels hosted by our guests of honor.

Hotel reservations can be made by calling the Radisson Miyako Hotel direct reservations line (1-800-333-3333) or the Best Western Miyako Inn direct reservations line (1-800-780-7234).

A full weekend pass for the Japan Town Anime Faire is $12.00. A single day pass is $8.00. Public registration hours are 9 AM to 5 PM on Saturday and 9 AM to 1 PM on Sunday.  

If you would like to reserve media passes for Japan Town Anime Faire, please contact us at [email protected].

Additional information on Japan Town Anime Faire, including event details, registration and hotel information can be found on the JTAF website.  Please visit www.jtaf.com <http://www.jtaf.com/>  for the latest updates or contact Project 760 Productions at [email protected] or telephone 415.505.9878.

###

About Project 760 Productions
Project 760 Productions is a San Francisco-based independent television production company, which produces television programs for community access stations. Created in 1997, its purposes are to inform, educate and entertain audiences on a variety of topics, catering to various age groups.

Project 760 Productions produces “World of Anime”, a Japanese animation (anime) fandom television magazine that focuses on news and reviews related to the anime industry. World of Anime was cablecast through California public access stations in Antioch, Pittsburg, Bay Point, Mountain View, San Mateo County, San Francisco as well as parts of Arkansas and Ohio.  

About Japan Town Merchant’s Association
The Japan Town Merchants Association's specific and primary purpose is to provide a united and organized effort by all member merchants to advertise, promote and publicize Japan Town for the mutual benefit of all members and for Japan Town as a whole.

Event Contact Information
Project 760 Productions:

-  Ray Nagar, 415.505.9878, [email protected]
-  Mike Garcia, [email protected]

Press Contact Information
nt2099 media and entertainment:

-  Dennis A. Amith, [email protected]

the_Pink_Panther24

wow. all my questions where answered with that singal post  :shock:

dude, you BRITISHLY rock!  :lol:  :lol:

you are now not a target for the mob :twisted:

wen

http://public.fotki.com/wen/fanime

Gimme piks of the Asian Nittle Grasper + the girls holding signs at the beginning of the closing ceremonies line pls.. ^^

topnotch97

hey how come the Sunday part is only from 9AM to 1PM?

only a couple of hours?!?
Retired from Fanime.
Thinking of coming back. :D

takashi_honda

Hey kndy,

Is J!-ENT going to be involved with the JTAF event?  Just wondering if you were working on bringing any JPOP artists to this event?

(t)

kndy

Quote from: "takashi_honda"Hey kndy,

Is J!-ENT going to be involved with the JTAF event?  Just wondering if you were working on bringing any JPOP artists to this event?

(t)

Hey Takashi,

No, J!-ENT will not be involved in terms of panels or bringing performances for JTAF. Pretty much my company and website's involvement is helping Ray and staff out with certain duties and promotion. In terms of another contemporary artist coming to an upcoming con since TMR's performance at Otakon a few weeks ago, look towards Texas for AnimeFest (www.animefest.org) who are bringing the group, move to their anime con.

As for top notch97's question, I think it's because the final day is on Sunday and to have registration go past 1 PM with the event winding down probably isn't a good idea but that's my opinion, I really don't know.

kndy

Kurokai

Yup yup I will definitely go. For $8 it's a must!! Are you guys attending on both days?
My eyes love you...

RyuHayabusa

Nemuren

I'm pretty sure I'll be there.

Frozen Emotion

e-e *sneaks in quietly*

i might be going saturday...

havent posted here in awhile @_@
I'm going to rub my hairy nut in your face... :twisted:
yuki wa... ._. lets beat it till it ain't funny!

issei

I'm going, cosplaying as a blacksmith from Ragnarok Online :3
Survival French:

Je ne sais pas - "I don't know"

gmontem

I will be most likely attending this event on Saturday.  Is there a Fanime gathering planned on that day?
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "gmontem"I will be most likely attending this event on Saturday.  Is there a Fanime gathering planned on that day?

we are still working on the details of that, George  :D

GokuMew2

Heeeeee~ Next week!!! =D
I'll be going with my friends. If anyone spots the short lil Asian girl with Ban sunglasses (they're purple) on, say hi!! (It'd also help to tell me who you are so I don't think you're a psycho. ^^;) I'm excited. Fanime is usually the only thing I have to look forward to each year but I guess there's something new to look forward to this year!

Can't wait!
< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: "GokuMew2"Heeeeee~ Next week!!! =D
I'll be going with my friends. If anyone spots the short lil Asian girl with Ban sunglasses (they're purple) on, say hi!! (It'd also help to tell me who you are so I don't think you're a psycho. ^^;) I'm excited. Fanime is usually the only thing I have to look forward to each year but I guess there's something new to look forward to this year!

Can't wait!

I'll be cosplaying Domon and I'll be wearing my Fanimecon 2003 badge.. so it won't be hard to spot me lol