crossdressing cosplayers!!!!

Started by emo_avenger, December 16, 2007, 04:39:30 AM

emo_avenger

For all the crossdressing cosplayers!
okay. well there was a sticky about this last year but i dont think they have one right now. i really need help. well i decided that i want to cosplay as sasuke but then there was one problem.....my boobs got in the way. i decided i would just tape them down like last year....welll.....it seems that they have gotten bigger since then and now i have asthma....i need help. any one have any good tips on how i can get my boobs to stay down while allowing me to breath? if u need to know im like...a 34 B...i think. aha. maby an A. but around a B. plz help meeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday

Otaking007

Well, this is only a suggestion, buuuut why not go as a "SnJ Sasuke"? We had quiet a few good female Sasuke's last year. Just dont do anything thats gonna endanger your health.

yamaneko

Lol, that's actually something I was thinking about too! xD Since Sasuke's latest look is kinda. . . well, to put it bluntly, revealing of the chest (*cough*) it'd be hard for any girl to cosplay as him. . . I considered using a chest wrap and wearing one of those sheer shirts over it or something. . . but I don't think it would work for someone with a bigger chest ^^; Sorry

And, for crossdressers, I personally think it'd be easier to just pick someone who actually wears a shirt (ex. I'm doing Allen Walker from D.Gray-Man)
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

localuvr

There's really no shame in crossdressing for a cosplay. If it's too much of a hassle, leave your boobs as they are, and don't worry about them. I'm sure plenty of cosplayers will understand if you can't have the perfect cosplay. But if you want to try, then what you might want to do is wear a sports bra. It shouldn't be too tight or restrict you, and it may get them down a bit more. I've already tested that out for my Haku(Naruto) cosplay, and it works fairly well. Hope that helps  :D
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

emo_avenger

wow. thanks for the help. i might try out the sports bra idea. someone pm'ed me about a compression shirt. if anyone has ever used one and has a pic plz post!
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

Ayamachi

If you have asthma, I wouldn't recommend going with things that restrict you below the bra-line. If you've ever worn things like corsets or control tops, you'll know that having your upper abdomen (where your diaphragm is) makes breathing difficult enough without the medical conditions.

I'd try an Ace bandage or two; cheap, already flesh-toned (though a sheer shirt would be a wise choice as well for chest-baring costumes), and they come with hooks. You can adjust the tightness of them, in case you need to let yourself breathe at some point during the day, and you can put it on so it only covers your boobs and not the muscle that moves your lungs up and down. They're pretty good about not slipping, but you may have to take a bathroom break to reapply. Even if they DO slip, they don't leave such obvious lines under and shirts you may be wearing. Plus, they can go directly over skin, unlike tape, if you want to forgo the bra - though I've found that leaving the bra on gives it something to stick to.

My two (or twenty) cents. >.>

EDIT: A friend just linked me to this, definitely worth checking out.
Alternate personalities for Fanime 2008:
TimeJump Hinata: 9%
Koumei: 8%
Black Jack: 67%
Gwendal: 38%

emo_avenger

wow! thanks! allo these replys are really helping. i hope that this will help anyone thinking of crossplaying! cuz its really helping me
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

Gatsby

As stated don't do anything that will jeopardize your health. We don't want anyone dieing at Fanime because they want to pull off the perfect costume.One thing that's always nice about cosplaying is adding a slight personal touch to your costume. So don't restrict your boobs, just let them be. You could always be sex change sasuke. Lol.

AnimeEmperor

......if you tape those down I promise I will cry. Please just go as Sasuke and no one will mind the chest region.

Gatsby

You know it really is fun to crossplay. I was Lucy from Elfen Lied for Halloween.

emo_avenger

aha. i dont think i wanna die at fanime either....i wouldnt be able to glomp that many people. aha. well today at school i tried the ace bandeges and sports bra method.......it worked but......it did start to restrict my air flow.....but i kinda got used to it. it turned out okay....alot of people thought i was a guy. my friiend was walking behind me and said i totaly look like a dude! i started to helluah crack up. i think im going to try out that compression shirt soon.
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

localuvr

I'm happy that it worked out for you  :) Hope to see you there!

emo_avenger

hope to see you there too. i would really love to meet you and show off my fake manly pecks!
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

localuvr

Me too XD It'll be cool to see you there, in all your awesome glory of Sasuke. Maybe we could go outside and perform a little battle between our tow characters (Saskue<you> vs Haku<me>)! XDDDDD Can't wait till Fanime!

Kenie

:D I wish to also battle you. You see I, as you are, amd crossplaying. But, unlike you, I am Naruto! So how about our characters have . . .  >:( A BATTLE OF THE CHEST!!!!!  It will proove who can hide theres better. (Ive like a B-C) Who ever loses must buy Pocky for the other! Agreed? :)
Live a Life at Ease
Always Follow Your Dreams

emo_avenger

to localuvr: me neither! ahhh!!!! i have my costume and about 300 dollars ready! and since my birthday is in march ima get even more money!!!!! aha! i accept your chalenge! but remember. i am an avenger. i can not lose. :D

to kenie: aha! i also accept your chalenge. just be sure to bring money. im thinking that since im going to win anyways....you should be prepared to buy my strawberry pocky. yupp.  ;D
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

localuvr

Quote from: emo_avenger on December 26, 2007, 01:58:04 PM
to localuvr: me neither! ahhh!!!! i have my costume and about 300 dollars ready! and since my birthday is in march ima get even more money!!!!! aha! i accept your chalenge! but remember. i am an avenger. i can not lose. :D

to kenie: aha! i also accept your chalenge. just be sure to bring money. im thinking that since im going to win anyways....you should be prepared to buy my strawberry pocky. yupp.  ;D
Awesome! XD I have my costume, too, but am in the progress of sewing it all together. T.T But, I'll be sure to get more money too! I can't believe we have the same month for our b-days! Oh, btw, I wanna join you and kenie in your boobs battle! I'll have to remind her of this XD Oh, and I saw that you were in the Naruto Gathering Forum! This is so awesome!

Yukari Kaiba

have you tried looking in the crossplay forum over at cosplay.com? they have a whole sticky thread dedicated to different binding methods. im sure if you look around you'll find something that suits you ^^:
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=15709
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

Kenie

To:you
FINE! Bring it on! But if I win then you will give me a bag full of the most awsome pocky ever!!! Cinnamen toast -^_^-    BWAHAHHAHA!!!
Live a Life at Ease
Always Follow Your Dreams

localuvr

Quote from: Kenie on December 28, 2007, 01:41:16 PM

To:you
FINE! Bring it on! But if I win then you will give me a bag full of the most awsome pocky ever!!! Cinnamen toast -^_^-    BWAHAHHAHA!!!
Ah, but remember, my friend, I entend to enter too. And if I win, you'll have to buy me strawberry pocky! BWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!