crossdressing cosplayers!!!!

Started by emo_avenger, December 16, 2007, 04:39:30 AM

Otaku_Princess

nafruito

My friend Trish is going to crossplay as Axel, and Axel has really tight-fitting clothes. So what she's going to do is wear a sports bra then put a tank top over it and bandage over the largest part of her chest. Then she's going to let her costume do the rest. Since Sasuke wears more comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, this idea could help and not get in the way of your breathing. 8D

localuvr

Quote from: nafruito on December 30, 2007, 07:31:50 PM
My friend Trish is going to crossplay as Axel, and Axel has really tight-fitting clothes. So what she's going to do is wear a sports bra then put a tank top over it and bandage over the largest part of her chest. Then she's going to let her costume do the rest. Since Sasuke wears more comfortable, loose-fitting clothes, this idea could help and not get in the way of your breathing. 8D
That sounds like a good plan
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Nightroad

Yeah Im in the same boat as you!!! My boobs are going to make an Able Nightroad cosplay hard... I think Iam going to use the sports bra & banage method... This forum has help with ideas!! THANKS!!!!!! ;D
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

localuvr

Okay, now I've got a problem with my body...my hips! I'm considering just making my clothes around my mid section just baggy to disguise them, but if anyone has any suggestions, I'd like to hear them. Thanks!

kimu

It depends on the character, but yes, if you can tailor the lines of your costume to hide hips, that helps. Get some muslin and make a practice version, so you can work on the seams and adjustments before going the final.
If you have time to visit cosplay.com, there's tons of great advice on everything from safe binding methods, to padding, to how to stand and pose differently to enhance a crossplay.

localuvr

Thanks! *scribbling down notes* Okay, I'm gonna see what I can do. Thank you soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!

BunofGovt

This is a pic from Fanime 2006 (I think).  The young lady is cosplaying a character from One Piece (the Skypeia arc) of a male character who is bare-chested and has wings on his back.  She is wearing a body suit (sorry I don't know what she is wearing underneath  :-X) with markings to look like tattoos.  In case you wanted to consider something like this under the white shirt for Sasuke. You might not need as much binding.  ;)

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Nightroad

SHOOT!!! I didn't even think about my hips!!! But the I could probably ajust the outfit to work.... For others doing this try making the shirt (if possible) to hang down from your shoulders in a straight line, this should give your body a less curvy appearence!!!
Check out my fairly rescent DA account!
I wanna see my fanime friends on there!
http://robotdreams.deviantart.com/

emo_avenger

Quote from: localuvr on December 29, 2007, 07:33:22 PM
Quote from: Kenie on December 28, 2007, 01:41:16 PM
Quote from: emo_avenger on December 26, 2007, 01:58:04 PM
to localuvr: me neither! ahhh!!!! i have my costume and about 300 dollars ready! and since my birthday is in march ima get even more money!!!!! aha! i accept your chalenge! but remember. i am an avenger. i can not lose. :D

to kenie: aha! i also accept your chalenge. just be sure to bring money. im thinking that since im going to win anyways....you should be prepared to buy my strawberry pocky. yupp.  ;D
To:you
FINE! Bring it on! But if I win then you will give me a bag full of the most awsome pocky ever!!! Cinnamen toast -^_^-    BWAHAHHAHA!!!
Ah, but remember, my friend, I entend to enter too. And if I win, you'll have to buy me strawberry pocky! BWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
as long as you both remember to bring mony for MY pocky.....im happy. aha. dude! i never new there was cinnamen toast pocky!!!!!!!! O.O
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday

localuvr

Quote from: emo_avenger on January 03, 2008, 05:19:07 PM
to localuvr: me neither! ahhh!!!! i have my costume and about 300 dollars ready! and since my birthday is in march ima get even more money!!!!! aha! i accept your chalenge! but remember. i am an avenger. i can not lose. :D

to kenie: aha! i also accept your chalenge. just be sure to bring money. im thinking that since im going to win anyways....you should be prepared to buy my strawberry pocky. yupp.  ;D
FINE! Bring it on! But if I win then you will give me a bag full of the most awsome pocky ever!!! Cinnamen toast -^_^-    BWAHAHHAHA!!!
Ah, but remember, my friend, I entend to enter too. And if I win, you'll have to buy me strawberry pocky! BWAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!!
as long as you both remember to bring mony for MY pocky.....im happy. aha. dude! i never new there was cinnamen toast pocky!!!!!!!! O.O
No, as long as YOU and KENIE remember to bring money for MY pocky...But I'll probably end up treating u 2 anyway, just to be nice. Oh, and thanks for suggesting the Twister for Naruto Gathering. Any other cool ideas? I'm all ears ^.^

emo_avenger

Quote from: localuvr on January 03, 2008, 06:44:03 PM

No, as long as YOU and KENIE remember to bring money for MY pocky...But I'll probably end up treating u 2 anyway, just to be nice. Oh, and thanks for suggesting the Twister for Naruto Gathering. Any other cool ideas? I'm all ears ^.^
aha. ill bring some of that soda with the marble on the inside for you guys. cuz i like you both already. aha. how do you read my posts! its like you know everything i post!!! ahhh!!!! stalker! jp jp! aha.
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday

localuvr

Quote from: emo_avenger on January 05, 2008, 12:00:02 AM
Quote from: localuvr on January 03, 2008, 06:44:03 PM

aha. ill bring some of that soda with the marble on the inside for you guys. cuz i like you both already. aha. how do you read my posts! its like you know everything i post!!! ahhh!!!! stalker! jp jp! aha.
Yeah, you like me already! ... That sounded wrong for some reason... But I'm not a stalker! *pouts* I only stalk my bishies! But my friend did say that I was telepathic or something. Maybe that's it?

Otaku_Princess

I want my friend to crossplay as Hinata. XD

localuvr

Quote from: Otaku_Princess on January 05, 2008, 02:56:35 PM
I want my friend to crossplay as Hinata. XD
Do you think he can pull it off?

Otaku_Princess

Yeah but he's so girly I don't think anyone will tell it's a crossplay. XD  I want to crossplay Naruto as the sixth version. XP

localuvr

Wow... I don't know if I should pity him or envy him. But, I hope that you do crossplay as Naruto! It'll be so awesome to see 2 crossplayed Narutos (You and Kenie)

Otaku_Princess

Or I was thinking of cross-playing Itachi.

localuvr

Quote from: Otaku_Princess on January 05, 2008, 03:16:02 PM
Or I was thinking Itachi, people say I would make a sexy Itachi. : o 
Smexy! Either one is good, but if you want, you should check out the Naruto Gathering and see if you can go. Seeing as it looks like you might be going (I saw you comment and am assuming you can go) then I suggest you do Itachi, b/c last I checked, we didn't have one. Yeah! I might see an Itachi! Or 2 Narutos! Hey, if you do Naruto, then try to see Kenie! Maybe you can do some sort of thing at the gathering! Ja ne!

Otaku_Princess

Maybe. lol