Humboldt County

Started by bunnycorpse, December 16, 2007, 07:43:24 PM

Hodge Bodge

yes, yes you are, but we forgive you. but it's better than being addicted to crack... well REAL crack anyway
100% glomp friendly, Bring on the pain!  :X

obliviousedward

True, true.  Anime is one of those, ah... "safe" kind of addictions.  (Safer, I suppose is how I should put it.) XD;;
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

Wow this thread got busy *Chuckles*

Oh right, strange thought I mentioned what anime/manga I liked.
Let's see, Yami No Matsuei, Hellsing Ultimate, Witch Hunter Robin, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (I haven't watched Kai yet, but I have it), Death Note, Spice and Wolf, Zombie Loan, Naruto, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Shaman King, Vampire Hunter D, Loveless, Ergo Proxy, Scryed, Ranma, Trigun, Outlaw Star...To name a few *Chuckles*

Manga wise I like; Death Note, Hellsing, Crescent Moon, Bleach, Naruto, Trinity Blood, Descendants of Darkness, and others that just aren't coming to me. So sleepy right now.

Oh and I has a Wii now, so I can add that to my gaming stuff. Mmmm Super Smash Bros Brawl

obliviousedward

Quote from: Moondancer on February 21, 2009, 11:33:23 AM
Wow this thread got busy *Chuckles*

Oh right, strange thought I mentioned what anime/manga I liked.
Let's see, Yami No Matsuei, Hellsing Ultimate, Witch Hunter Robin, Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (I haven't watched Kai yet, but I have it), Death Note, Spice and Wolf, Zombie Loan, Naruto, Outlaw Star, Cowboy Bebop, Bleach, Shaman King, Vampire Hunter D, Loveless, Ergo Proxy, Scryed, Ranma, Trigun, Outlaw Star...To name a few *Chuckles*

Manga wise I like; Death Note, Hellsing, Crescent Moon, Bleach, Naruto, Trinity Blood, Descendants of Darkness, and others that just aren't coming to me. So sleepy right now.

Oh and I has a Wii now, so I can add that to my gaming stuff. Mmmm Super Smash Bros Brawl

Hehe.  That it did!

Ah, nice anime/manga selections!  Lol, you named Outlaw Star twice. XD  (Guess that means it's twice as good!)  I really want to watch that now; I've actually only seen a few episodes while it was still airing on Cartoon Network.  I really want to see the whole series. DX  Someday, damn it!  Someday...!  Ah, and I remember Scryed and Ranma; Yami no Matsuei and Witch Hunter Robin are nice, too. :3

Woohoo!  Wii! 8D  I'm happy for you! <3
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

I wrote that post before going to bed, so it's not surprising I repeated myself.
I have Outlaw Star in a box set ^^
Oh I do like Gundam Wing, though I never really saw much of the other Gundom series.

Yush the Wii is fun, thinking I might bring it for room fun stuff at Fanime *L* I'm sure my roomies would love that.

obliviousedward

Lol, it's okay.  I do it, too. XD

Yeah, it's kinda the same thing with me; Gundam Wing is the only Gundam series I've seen all the way through.  I've only seen bits and pieces of other Gundam series, so I can't honestly give my opinion on those series.  A lot of them look cool, though.  I wouldn't mind getting a chance to watch them all the way through. :3

Hehe.  Wii party in your room! 8D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

*Chuckles and nods* I like the designs of the Gundams in Wing, but the few other shows I've got glimpse of I didn't care for them as much.

Yush Wii Party *L* I need to pick up more remotes.
Maybe I'll talk my roomies into a Wii/anime watching party, interested? *L*
Should be able to hook my laptop into the rooms TV, I can at Yaoi con

obliviousedward

Totally.  I absolutely LOVE the design of the Gundam Deathscythe (as well as the Hell and Hell Custom variations).  It's my favorite Gundam. X3  (Wing and Heavyarms are close behind, though.)

Hehe, yeah, that sounds cool. XD  If you set a time and place I'd totally be interested in stopping by.  I mean, I'll probably be all over the con, so I won't really know what I'll be doing at the time (or if I'll even remember); but if you do want to set up a little gathering, maybe I can get a couple of my friends interested in going, if only for a little bit. ;D
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

Ooo Deathscythe is pretty, so was Wing. Wing Zero as I recall was another I liked. Then again it might be easier to say Sandrock and Heavyarms didn't interest me as much as most others. Good stuff none the less.

Oh umm..*Snickers* Wasn't expecting you to consider it. I'd have to see what the roomies say, but I don't see how they could turn down some gaming fun.
Granted I'd need to get more controllers. Hmmm I really need to figure out what Wii games I want. I only have 2 so far *laughs* Oooo Gamefly, forgot about that option. Bah I'm rambling! Sounds like fun though!

Need to get some sort of anime group going in Humboldt, unless there is one then I'm just not aware of it *Chuckles*

obliviousedward

Yeah, Sandrock was... okay, I guess. *shrug*  But I really liked the custom version of Heavyarms in Endless Waltz, though.  (Four gatling guns!  Count 'em, FOUR. 8D  Lol, talk about trigger-happy.)

Oh, lol, sorry! XD  I was just saying if you did have something going, I'd stop by and say hi.  Don't feel that you have to do anything just because of me.  No pressure, I was just making conversation, hehe. ^^

Yeah, as far as I know there's no real anime group in Humboldt.  Us fans are pretty stealthy, I guess; we only make ourselves known when the coast is clear. XD  (a.k.a. when we know there are other anime fans among us so we don't feel alone, lol)
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

Ooooo I forgot about Endless Waltz (Loves the White Reflection song) I haven't seen that in soooo long. Hmm wonder if I can get it from Netflix. *Mutters about lousy Anime selections at the video stores* Netflix is my good friend, but the time it takes to get stuff is annoying.

Hey it could be a blast, I'll just have to run the idea past my roomies. The hotel we're staying at tends to have small rooms, but I'm sure it'd be fun. Just need more controllers, and maybe a game or two more. Though Super Smash Brothers Brawl is fun.

Yeah this is true. I've tried to find some folks interested in Anime, and the vast majority either goes "Isn't that like for kids?" or the like. Couldn't really find any at CR when I was going which I found sorta strange. If there was more people speaking up from Eureka/general area I would suggest getting something together.

obliviousedward

Yeah, Netflix might have it. :3  It really does suck that anime sections in video stores are pretty much... nonexistant. XD;;  Dude, I remember when Suncoast was still around.  They had the best anime section ever! 8D  That was where I first bought the videos for Gundam Wing (and where my parents bought me the DVD box set for my birthday). :D  Woo!  ...I really miss that store. D:

Cool.  Well, if you do end up doing something, just let me know.  I'll be around. ;D

Yeah, I found a few anime fans at CR over the time that I've been there.  I met a girl during my second year there (who is now a closer friend) and we both liked Gundam Wing. XD  I also recently met a guy in a current class of mine who likes anime.  But other than that, I really haven't found that many people. *shrug*  Oh well.  More anime for us!
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

Yeah, when they were around I was always broke ;_;
Figures I gets some money, and there's no real good place. Need to go back down to the bay. *Sniffles* Trees are nice, but I miss civilization.

Sure thing if it happens, I'll be sure to ping ya. More the merrier as they say. ^^
Think I might buy the first needed extra remote this week, first $60 down! Whooooo!
Gaming room party! BYOB though, we're selfish :P

Wow only 2?
What am i saying, that's more then me. *Shakes fist at*
The few classes I took at CR a few people mentioned they liked Anime in the Japanese class, but I had the feeling I was largely disliked so never really talked to anyone. Go self-esteem issues!

obliviousedward

Lol, I know what you mean. XD  The solitude up here is nice, but sometimes it's good to go where there's more people.  Actually, I can't really handle so many people all the time (it's kinda freaks me out, lol), but I suppose I get my yearly dose of tons of people when I go to Fanime.  San Jose is a pretty awesome city like that; there's something to do when I get there! XD

Sweeeeet. <3  I'll bring the Dew! 8D

Oh, you took Japanese at CR?  I totally forget if I've asked you this already, but when did you take it?  I took two semesters of Japanese during the 06-07 school year.
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

Hmm I'm not the most social and I can get nervous at large gatherings (Ever been to Gay Pride in SF? *Twitches and shudders* Sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many people.....

Mmmmm Deeeeeeeeew, luffs that stuff.

Hmmmmmmmmm, I'm almost afraid to ask if your name starts with a L or S. *laughs*

obliviousedward

Lol, nah, not in SF.  *imagines crowd and faints* @_@;;

Hehe, actually yes, my real name starts with an L. XD
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

*Snickers* Fainting wouldn't be unexpected if you don't like THAT many people around ya. It's like being in a ocean of human bodies, stuck shoulder to shoulder and hoping to catch a current towards where ever you wanna go. Worse yet if you were standing for 4 or 5 hours, and then a friend wanting to drag you to EVERY friggen booth. *Gnaaaaaars* I wont even go into parking and sun burns.

L....huh....okay I think I have an idea of who you are, I win the game!
Well sorta, kinda. Not that there was really a race....gah I need more then 4 hours of sleep at a time.

obliviousedward

Lol, yeah, it's when I'm in a crowd of people and I can't even move that I'm REALLY uncomfortable. XD  (Ugh, sunburns.  I know how you feel.)

Woo!  (I think...? XD)  You win another toaster oven!  Yaaaay!
Fanime '16 Cosplay:
To be announced...!

Moondancer

I think most people would be like that, and that's exactly how it is at that event *Shudder* Ebil sunburns too, least that's not really an issue up here...as much.

Toaster oven! Time to make poor mans pizza! *Snickers*