Where are you traveling from for Fanime?

Started by Squeeky_Moonkin, December 17, 2007, 04:48:58 PM

Raydere

A 6-mile hop from Santa Clara. Usually takes ~7-20 minutes to downtown SJ (~7 by car, 12-15 by the Rapid 522 bus, 20 by the failure that is the 22 bus).
Raydere / Raymoo, purveyor of crazy Japanese music games
Twitter: @Raydere | Tumblr: raydere2

RyuHayabusa

Quote from: Runewitt on December 19, 2007, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on December 17, 2007, 11:56:21 PM
Hayward, the heart of the bay...

that's what the official motto is <<;;
SNAP! same here.

Hows thee Stack life for ya?

Life is ok here I guesss. I love going to san jose more though lol
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

fanime_lo-ve

I used to live in San Leandro Ca, and from there it was about 45mins. or so. Unfortunately I live in Stockton ca, now. So it's about 1 and 45mins. from the convention in San Jose. Luckly though I've been going to Fanime since 2004 and I've lived close to the Bay Area, so I know my around pretty well. = ) Plus the fact that I have a teribble habit of speeding, so it shouldn't take me long to reach Fanime Con.
(>*0*)>Cosplays for 2010:<(*3*<)
{Soul Eater}-Mira Nygus
{Naruto Shippuuden}-7th Tailed (Shichibi)
{Bleach}- (Pendulum Arc) Yoruichi
{Teen Titans}- Bumble Bee
{Left for Dead 2}- Rochelle

GokuMew2

< Mew >
FanimeCon Guest Relations (2009 - Present)
Person who gets Japanese guests

Kyokun

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Squeeky_Moonkin on December 18, 2007, 02:37:39 PM
Quote from: phoenixphire24 on December 18, 2007, 02:28:21 PM
Wisconsin!  :D

your forum name looks familiar. Do you ever attend ACEN? *glomps (with permission if granted) someone else from out of town =^_^=

I was planning on going last year, but I couldn't fit in into my schedule. I'm hoping to make it in 08. I just got one of my friends into anime and she really wants to go to a convention.

And I use this name everywhere on the internet; I'm not surprised you think it's familiar.  ;)

IamTetsuo

From Felton CA although since most people don't know where Felton is I just say Santa Cruz.  To be even more specific my house is technically closer to Los Gatos than Santa Cruz.

It's about a 30-40 minute drive from my house, but I still get a hotel room anyway.  A 30-40 minute drive seems like eternity at 3AM after you'v been at the con all day, especially when you know you have the same trip to look forward to in the morning.

Glitch

I am among those from the Salinas ninja clan. I manage to recognize loads of people from my town during fanime.

kweilding

im hoping to make fanime 2008 ill be flying over from uk

EvilBunnyKid

Im flying in from AZ, but my friend (if I can get her to) will be flying from Texas.  Talking to her about it durring x-mas.

localuvr

I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

zemric

idk felton i think is closer to santa cruz then los gatos well it depends on were in felton. i live in los gatos about a 10 min drive
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Reinna

Wow at all the people coming from out of state, or even out of the country.  I can't imagine going somewhere I've never been before, or only gone to once or twice, from another state.  Then again, I'm something of a chicken concerning new things and places. XP

Getting to SJ is maybe twenty-minutes worth of driving for me.

astroboy

Quote from: kweilding on December 21, 2007, 02:22:55 PM
im hoping to make fanime 2008 ill be flying over from uk
WOW that's pretty neat.

welcome to the forums

phoenixphire24

Quote from: Reinna on December 22, 2007, 08:28:45 PM
Wow at all the people coming from out of state, or even out of the country.  I can't imagine going somewhere I've never been before, or only gone to once or twice, from another state.  Then again, I'm something of a chicken concerning new things and places. XP

Getting to SJ is maybe twenty-minutes worth of driving for me.

I'm coming from WI, but I used to live in CA and went to Fanime when I lived there. It's so much fun I just had to keep up the tradition! I'm going to try out Acen in Chicago this year too though. 

otakuya

"Down the street"

It's great seeing many ppl from out of state coming to SJ for Fanime. Just make sure you guys have hotel rooms/crash space.

Punkbuster

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on December 21, 2007, 02:53:05 PM
Im flying in from AZ, but my friend (if I can get her to) will be flying from Texas.  Talking to her about it durring x-mas.
What part of Az? I'm in Peoria, and the other two coming along with me are in Phnx and Surprise.

Shinsengumi

Quote from: RyuHayabusa on December 20, 2007, 12:35:11 PM
Quote from: Runewitt on December 19, 2007, 11:07:05 PM
Quote from: RyuHayabusa on December 17, 2007, 11:56:21 PM
Hayward, the heart of the bay...

that's what the official motto is <<;;
SNAP! same here.

Hows thee Stack life for ya?

Life is ok here I guesss. I love going to san jose more though lol

I would love to get to know San Jose alittle more. I really don't know any besides going to fanime.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Paul Who Ahh

I'm in Milpitas which is right next to San Jose, actually. :D

Squeeky_Moonkin

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on December 21, 2007, 02:53:05 PM

yay for zonies (Arizona folk)