Winter 2007 Anime

Started by Jun-Watarase, December 17, 2007, 08:06:17 PM

Jun-Watarase

So yeah, reminded that the winter season is soon coming up...
Here is a preview.

I'm probably going to take a look at the following...

Persona -Trinity Soul-
Rosario+Vampire
Shigofumi
Sayounara Zetsubou Sensei 2
Gunslinger Girl Season 2
Noramimi
Macross Frontier
Aa! Megami-sama OAVs
Minami-ke 2
Mnemosyne

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Hmmmm, since a crapload of anime is coming out, I wonder where to start... ???
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

RyuHayabusa

Me, ZetSen season 2, Macross Frontier, the 3rd season of Ah My Goddess and Minami-Ke Okawari.

That's it.
My own Cosplay Photography Page:
AnimeCraft Entertainment LLC

mDuo13

ARIA The Origination! Huzzah!

Also AMG season 3 should be good. Don't know much about the other stuff.

Tsubasa

Technically Winter 2008.

ARIA The ORIGINATION tops my list.  I just need to finish up NATURAL. XD;

Aside from that, I'll be giving these series a spin:
-H2O
-Kimi ga Aruji de Shitsuji ga Ore de
-Minami-ke ~Okawari~
-Mnemosyune
-Moegaku
-Ookami to Koushinryou
-PERSONA
-Rosario to Vampire
-Shigofumi
-true tears
-Zoku Zetsen
-Yes! Pretty Cure GO GO! (Assuming I can watch enough to catch up)

Chances are, I won't go more than an episode on, like, half of them. XD;
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Jun-Watarase

ANOTHER season of ARIA and PreCure..? D:

I saw H2O and thought, "Hey, that looks VERY familiar... but I don't think I've played it." I look it up again and decided not to put it on the list.

Shigofumi looks pretty interesting. It's airing an anime adaption, and the only thing I see before it is a light novel series. Anyone know much about it?

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

I'll give a try:

Ayakashi
True Tears
Hatenkou Yuugi
They are my noble masters
Shigofumi
H2O ~footprints in the sand~
Rosario + Vampire
Macross Frontier
Persona -Trinity Soul-

Definites:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2
Miname-ke ~Okawari~
Aria the Origination (assuming I finish up Natural first)

Depending on their descriptions:
Wolf and Spice
Mnemosyne- Mnemosyne no musume tachi
Haruka naru toki no naka 3 -kurenai no tsuki

Maybe the Yotsunoha OVA and Bus Gamer whenever it comes out.

るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

shortpachoo

For sure:
Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei Season 2
Miname-ke ~Okawari~
Aria the Origination (thats if I ever finish the catch up from the 1st season)

Though I will probably watch at least one episode of the other to try them out

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

Appu

Out of pure instinct I'll be watching these (and dropping them if need be):

Noramimi
ZetSen S2
Persona Trinity Soul
ARIA the ORIGINATION
Minami-ke ~Okawari~
Hakaba Kitaro
H20
True Tears
Zenryoku Usagi (looks funny - funny like a kid's show. But I could be horribly wrong)

Maybe:
*Shigofumi
*Mnemosyne

MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

xxxplizit (pogi1kenobi)

Definites:
Minami-Ke ~Okawari~ (Waiting for final episodes to be released despite it being a retelling via different studio)
Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei
Aria (still need to catch up)

Try out:
Wolf and Spice
H20
Rosario + Vampire
Ayakashi
True Tears
Persona

The rest I'll try to get to but that depends if I got that much time.
eGaming Head / FanimeCon, SacAnime, Y-Con, Kintoki-Con, Deceptikon
Tournament Director / AOD
Anime + Gaming Article Lead / GreenTeaGraffiti
Cosplays: Wii Remote, Pink DS Lite

KyraEnsui

The only one I'm interested in is HaruToki 3~!

Tsubasa

Episode 1's watched so far:

-H2O
-Rosario+Vampire
-Spice and Wolf
-true tears

From this showing, I'm not going to write off anything just yet.  Rosario+Vampire is the weakest showing, but I kinda want to like the series.  If only cause I get to hear Mizuki Nana and Koyama Kimiko.  kkthx
-Tsubasa

Member of the SPCPWRFLDTDPR

Devereaux

I plan to watch anything that's terribly bad so let me know if you find any of these gems.
I 'ctrl' through Visual Novels to collect CG's so I can trick people into thinking I actually played the game.

Makou

I've seeing fewer anime shows lately, but this season might get me back on track.
I plan to see:
Wolf & Spice
Persona Trinity Soul

Appu

Seen so far:

H2O
True Tears
Spice and Wolf
Persona

IMO Most Promising: Spice and Wolf.
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

quantbits

mmm

spice and wolf.
shakugan no shana II.
minami-ke OKAWARI.

and I'll just loosely follow everything else when I run of stuff to watch while eating. ;D

Sunara Ishi

Checked out so far:

Ayakashi, H2O, Rosario+Vampire, and They are my noble masters.

H2O and Rosario+Vampire look promising. Dunno about the other two yet.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Spiritsnare

The only things I've leeched from other people are H2O, True Tears, and Wolf & Spice, of which I've only watched Wolf & Spice thusfar. Looks a bit promising; I'd like to watch more.

Other than that, I'm not too interested in this season (getting hype for next season AGHHHH GEASS R2 while finishing up what I need to for the past year FUKO-CHAN T___________T), save for ARIA the Origination (after I finish up Natural and Arietta first), the rest of CLANNAD, and, for kicks, Saa! Iko, Tamagotchi, so I'll be shallow and watch whatever I hear good things about.
epic progressive

vox

Sunara Ishi

Watch H2O. If anything is the most promising, its that one. I've watched two episodes so far and its already on my list.

Spice and Wolf looks pretty promising. If I had to pick only two new shows this season to watch, those would likely be it. (though there are shows not yet subbed that might be good) Of course that excludes the new Minami-ke and Aria. Those were already on my list before the season started. XP

I've watched Persona also. Is it me or does other people also think that Ayakashi and Persona could be practically clones of each other?

Can't wait for someone to sub Shigofumi.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

Jun-Watarase

So far, I've watched the first episode of Zetsubou Sensei 2, H2O, Persona, True Tears, Spice and Wolf, and Rosario+Vampire. Here goes me rambling about 'em.

Watching the first episode of Zoku Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, it basically feels like a "welcome back" or "welcome to season 2"... despite the subs for the last season being very spread out and delayed, it feels as if we've never left! The first episode was pretty much just a recap of some of the introductory episodes of the first series, explaining some of the students' personalities to viewers that aren't familiar with the series, sort of half-built around a new episode about the one "normal" character that's supposedly too normal to have an episode of her own.

H2O... I've seen ads that the game is becoming an anime, all over the place for a few months now, so this series might've been anticipated by a few. Although the premise is interesting, it's somewhat confusing to think about the direction the plot is taking. I've never played the game, but the secondary characters seem pretty annoying/cliche and irrelevent to an otherwise dramatic plot. The only actual thing that actually irritated me about the anime was the dramatic quality change between scenes with movement, and scenes with little movement. I admit, though-- the woman-abuse and main character's lack of vision in the beginning did sorta catch mah attention, at first. :V

As for Persona, I really wanted to casually play the games, but never got around to it... which kinda sucks because the anime series is supposedly the sequel to the 3rd game. The series looks like it could be very entertaining, or... it could easily become slow-paced and boring, but I can't predict much as I don't know the series well. I'm liking the soundtrack, though.

True Tears looks like it's running off a typical seinen romance plot. Though some parts of it may be cute and cozy, the rest is horrendously boring and mediocre. I'm not sure if I slightly like it, or absolutely hate it. I'll judge whether or not to follow it after seeing the 2nd episode, but from what it looks like... I probably won't.

So far, it feels like the most promising new series is Spice and Wolf. There isn't much to say about it other than it feeling "dimensional". The setting and the characters within it seem "whole", and it may prove why the series to be seems entertaining, but for all I know, I'm just jinxing it and the series might suck despite the first episode making it look good. But it probably doesn't matter. I am staying for Horo! (>A<)b

I don't even know how I feel about Rosario+Vampire. I read part of the manga series and enjoyed it, but as for the anime... it has the same lame feeling to it as the anime-adaption of Venus Versus Virus made out to be. The cute plot and characters in manga, just seem cheesy and retarded in the anime series. The quality doesn't do itself justice, either. But who knows, it might get better...? Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

FanimaidCafe.com