Winter 2007 Anime

Started by Jun-Watarase, December 17, 2007, 08:06:17 PM

mDuo13

So far, I've seen the new ARIA and Spice & Wolf. I was waiting to see if there was any new Kajiura soundtrack this season, but no dice. That makes two in a row. =(

ARIA is good, the first ep definitely on par with best of the last two seasons. We knew it would be about the same, but the quality is still a pleasant surprise. I was kind of expecting the overall quality to keep dropping slowly season after season. I guess it's still not to late for that to happen. =/

Wolf & Spice... can't hate any series with such a beautiful OP. And, as Lisu points out, it's the Firefox Anime. =P. High hopes there. Still got plenty of other stuff to catch up on, so not sure what other new things I'll give a shot. Probably pick something arbitrarily and watch a couple episodes, see if it hooks me.

Sunara Ishi

Hatenkou Yugi looks promising. Hopefully, they'll explain later how the second guy came into the group... -.-; Otherwise, I like it so far.

Macross Frontier will likely be on my list. I like the main guy. He's a sexy bishi. Most series don't place such a character in the main role. I've always liked the Macross movies. (anyway... the ones that I have seen.) I like that this is a mech series where the guy isn't all emo. ~coughgundamcough~

I've decided to hold off on the Harutoki OVA for now. I haven't seen the series and I normally don't like jumping into the middle of things. X.x;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Appu

lol, Hatenkou Yuugi. Those 2 main guys look really gay. And they're trying to make it seem like the whole anime is a comedy when it's giving me Rozen Maiden aura. And then the story is about "See the world". Methinks that anime has an identity crisis. But that's just me. Feel free to disagree and what not, I could care less :P
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

Jun-Watarase

Gunslinger Girl season 2 makes me want to cry. ;A;

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

mDuo13

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 14, 2008, 09:16:14 PM
In a good way, or a bad way? I'm hoping it's the former. (It is Gunslinger Girl, after all.)

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: mDuo13 on January 14, 2008, 10:03:05 PM
Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 14, 2008, 09:16:14 PM
In a good way, or a bad way? I'm hoping it's the former. (It is Gunslinger Girl, after all.)

I love Gunslinger Girl, but season 2 made me want to cry... in pain. It's terrible-- the animation is different, the atmosphere is less tense and solemn, and it's more focused on moe-kei to please the audience. Not the GSG I knew. Everyone else that I know has seen the first ep had the same reaction. Go check it out if you want, but head my warning. After this, there is no season 2 to me. Just like there's no such thing as a Nodame Cantabille live action series.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

mDuo13

Sunara Ishi

~revives~
I'm finally finishing H2O ~footprints in the sand.~ 
I <3 it.
I'm surprised more people don't rep it. D:

and Persona is almost done. 
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula