Worst thing that can happen at Fanime

Started by Niaro, December 19, 2007, 01:41:39 AM

zoupzuop2

The worst thing? Going to Fanime, paying entrance and registration...

...AND THE WORLD EXPLODES.
Haven't been here much since '09. I said some stupid, stupid things before (and after) that.

Devi 1313

Your pants could fall apart at a very awkward time (like in the middle of the Masq.)
Your roomie could stiff you for their share.
Your roomie could leave the room a mess and you almost break your toe on his suitcase in the middle of the night.

One of these didn't happen, but the other two did. Try and guess which one.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

caskaslyrk

Quote from: Nana on January 30, 2008, 04:38:00 PM
Your pants could fall apart at a very awkward time (like in the middle of the Masq.)
Your roomie could stiff you for their share.
Your roomie could leave the room a mess and you almost break your toe on his suitcase in the middle of the night.

One of these didn't happen, but the other two did. Try and guess which one.

I personally would believe THEY ALL happened..lol
But realistically if your roomies stiffed you on their share of the room...then you would NOT have a roomie (cause they would be rooming with the walls of the hallway)...So I will guess that one did not happen...could be wrong...

Devi 1313

Nope, I gave him until the last day to pay because I wanted to get the actual total and he was $20 short.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

talu-chan

This is my first Fanime as well.

So, this isn't something that happened at Fanime. The worst thing that I have ever seen at a con was when the registration line was 600 people deep and the people at registration had no idea what they were doing. Yeah it was their first con but still. So, I was about the 400th person in line and went up to see if they needed help. I ended up taking over and got everyone through in less than a hour and they didn't even know my name. I quess I can't really blame them. It was the first con they had ever put on and my mother has had me help her run registration for years at a con that herself, some of her firiends and I have put on for the last 12 years.
These violent delights have violent ends and in their triumph die, like fire and powder, which, as they kiss, consume.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Nana on January 30, 2008, 07:23:04 PM
Nope, I gave him until the last day to pay because I wanted to get the actual total and he was $20 short.

Better than giving them until the last day to pay, and they all sneak out at the ass-crack of dawn on Monday because you're a heavy sleeper...without giving you a dime.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

caskaslyrk

Quote from: FanFicGuru on January 31, 2008, 10:04:18 AM
Quote from: Nana on January 30, 2008, 07:23:04 PM

Better than giving them until the last day to pay, and they all sneak out at the ass-crack of dawn on Monday because you're a heavy sleeper...without giving you a dime.

:o Oh hell no!!! lol..it's okay a few years back I gave these guys a ride to fanime since I would be going through LA anyways...I seriously almost had to hunt them down for gas money...then they wanted a ride back, told me to wait for them on Monday until 4pm when they would be ready to go...low and behold 5pm on Monday rolls around and they are nowhere to be found...I finally found them in the lobby and they so graciously said they no longer needed a ride  ::)  I was soooo pissed...I did not get back to San Diego until 1am... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

narutofan17

Your roomate can take the only bed and make you sleep on the rollout bed even thought you way too tall for it =_=
Tsunade! Where are you?!! I promise I don't bite.

Fanime 2010 Costume:
Jiraiya
King Dedede
Kenpachi
Arlong
BLACK JIRAIYA!!!!!

halifaxmealine21

Wow Some poeple have already touched on the subject of people sleeping in hallways and for 99.9% of them it means that they havnt taken a shower in 4 or so days and they stinky stink. Believe me you know who doesnt shower at fanime... So for all the people going to fanime please shower for the rest of our sakes!  :-\

iNSOMNiAC

Well, its certainly not the worst thing that CAN happen, but something that sucked?

The second day of Fanime, add two more people to the hotel room (making 11 people in one hotel room) who end up taking up the whole bed, are high out of their minds and leave a day early without paying their share.

I was forced to sleep (VERY) squished in between my friend's mom and my VERY tall friend because of it. And I'm a small girl... >.< It wasn't a comfortable night. But I am grateful for at least a place to sleep, considering some people had it worse off than me.

dibbly

Quote from: halifaxmealine21 on January 31, 2008, 06:41:50 PM
Wow Some poeple have already touched on the subject of people sleeping in hallways and for 99.9% of them it means that they havnt taken a shower in 4 or so days and they stinky stink. Believe me you know who doesnt shower at fanime... So for all the people going to fanime please shower for the rest of our sakes!  :-\

i almost temped to offer my hotel shower to people who stink,....and its not like i don't trust them (i'd be lying if i said i did) but my main problem is to blatantly state that they stink THAT bad. 
A computer once beat me at chess, but it was no match for me at kick boxing.
meow.

halifaxmealine21

Quote from: dibbly on February 05, 2008, 07:22:35 PM
Quote from: halifaxmealine21 on January 31, 2008, 06:41:50 PM

i almost temped to offer my hotel shower to people who stink,....and its not like i don't trust them (i'd be lying if i said i did) but my main problem is to blatantly state that they stink THAT bad. 

Oh yeah yeah.... I was going to but yeah... I was sharing my room with a bunch of friends who probably wouldnt have liked some strager taking a shower in our room... but if it was just me I would have... I was thinking of all the people who went to fanime haha =^.^=

SuppJorieeS2

Wow, after reading all this I'm excitedd.
[:

This is my first Fanime too.
And first con even!
BUT! I'll be there all four days, and I basically know what to expect now.

o_O
I'll definitely make sure to reserve a room.
O:

G.I.R

Quote from: zoupzuop2 on January 30, 2008, 04:17:33 PM
The worst thing? Going to Fanime, paying entrance and registration...

...AND THE WORLD EXPLODES.
FTW!  ... or loose depending how you look at it.  ;D

For me it's already happened.  I'm not going to be able to go due to a medical problem.  :'(

error00004

The RANDOM GLOMPING!!! and THE RANDOM KISSES!!! and the stalking ;___;
It's annoying >.<
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

dibbly

Quote from: error00004 on February 10, 2008, 10:32:07 PM
It's annoying >.<
serious, i wanna start a "JUST ASK" Movement. w/ friends is cool. but the recklessness needs to end.
meow.

error00004

Quote from: dibbly on February 10, 2008, 10:43:17 PM
Quote from: error00004 on February 10, 2008, 10:32:07 PM
It's annoying >.<
serious, i wanna start a "JUST ASK" Movement. w/ friends is cool. but the recklessness needs to end.
Yeah like when I was L this one girl chased me down the whole Hall just  to freakn kiss me..it was NOT FUN!

then I got tackled to the ground by the other girl and I scraped my knee on the carpet and it hurt ><
Cosplays 10:
Noctis-FF XIII Versus
Mikuo-Vocaloid
Blood Seras-Hellsing
Dizzy-Guilty Gear
Dark Shiek-LoZ

~~Loktera~~

Signs getting b&'d

wait.. that already happened. O SHI-!
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

dibbly

Quote from: ~~Loktera~~ on February 12, 2008, 10:27:01 AM
Signs getting b&'d

wait.. that already happened. O SHI-!

I read that its not official, at least not yet. Actually, i haven't heard anything stating that it was official in the first place.
meow.

Long

Don't share a room with a random person you don't know, who ends up inviting apprehensive sounding women into your room when he thinks you're asleep, and then begins fapping when she leaves. Dx