Looking for some help in picking out an apartment

Started by shortpachoo, December 19, 2007, 12:12:44 PM

shortpachoo

Currently I have been trying to get an apartment but have been having trouble deciding on where and what I want.  If anyone on here has any helpful information to help me decide or advice or anything that would be great.

What I have come up with so far:
- Either a studio or 1bdr (can't decide which one)
- Near where I work (Menlo Park), 20mi max (looking at Mt. View right now)
- Willing to spend about $1200 maybe a little more (depends on what is included with the apt)
- Plan on moving during the early Spring (Jan-Feb) if possible

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

shortpachoo

Bumping this to see if maybe anyone has anything to say, since I see people are looking at this, or at least clicking on the link, but no responses.

Chloe

Check out Craigslist and your newspaper classifieds, you're bound to find something of interest from there. P:
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

Jerry

i guess my question would be:

so any preference between a 1 bed room and studio?

back in college and when I lived alone i ended up having too much space I didnt use it as much as I thought.

of course if your the party type and need the extra space then by all means get the 1 bedroom

I'm not really familar with the menlo park area, but you may want to do random research on traffic conditions whether u goto school or work, I hear those area sometimes could be horrible during rush hour/commute times.

Also if your a student/low income you may also want to check that to see if you could get a decent place for a lower rate if you meet the requirements.

and of course theres the room/house mate possibility, lowers the cost, but of course you may need to meet, or ask old friends if they'd be willing to set up in a certain housing sitation.

I guess thats my 2 cents...

I'm probably wrong as usual so definately also check out free posting like Chloe said about Craig's list.

I hear its good stuff. :)
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

shortpachoo

I have been look on craigslist and other places.  Was just trying to get opinions from other people who might of had an apartment or not.

Quote from: Jerry on December 30, 2007, 11:46:12 PM
i guess my question would be:

so any preference between a 1 bed room and studio?

back in college and when I lived alone i ended up having too much space I didnt use it as much as I thought.

of course if your the party type and need the extra space then by all means get the 1 bedroom

I'm not really familar with the menlo park area, but you may want to do random research on traffic conditions whether u goto school or work, I hear those area sometimes could be horrible during rush hour/commute times.

Also if your a student/low income you may also want to check that to see if you could get a decent place for a lower rate if you meet the requirements.

and of course theres the room/house mate possibility, lowers the cost, but of course you may need to meet, or ask old friends if they'd be willing to set up in a certain housing sitation.

I guess thats my 2 cents...

I'm probably wrong as usual so definately also check out free posting like Chloe said about Craig's list.

I hear its good stuff. :)

I don't really have a preference between the two, but I guess with a 1bdr I would have a place to store stuff.

As for the place I was just seeing how different areas were (i.e. good neighborhoods and stuff)

Currently no roommate at the moment since all of them are either with other people or don't want to move out.