Mushishi Live Action Movie

Started by JohnnyAR, December 20, 2007, 10:18:36 PM

JohnnyAR

I don't know if you guys already know this but there's gonna be a Mushishi Live Action Movie, I figured that either not many people know about it or that no one bothered to make a Mushshi thread.

Sunara Ishi

umm... it was already made and released. I have the raw of it. -.-;

Still waiting on subs of it... -.-;

Its been out since at least last summer. I forget when its original release date was.

I thought we had a mushishi thread... >.>; Maybe that was someplace else.

I still think they picked a ugly guy to play ginko. They should've at least shaved off that mustache. Ginko does not have a mustache. NO NO NO!

[EDIT: After watching the trailer, the movie came out last March.]
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

LastElixir

This thing aired like 9 months ago, and Odagiri is a pretty solid actor, I can't hate on the guy. Plus I enjoyed him as Saitou in Shinsengumi.

j

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: LastElixir on December 21, 2007, 02:18:12 AM
This thing aired like 9 months ago, and Odagiri is a pretty solid actor, I can't hate on the guy. Plus I enjoyed him as Saitou in Shinsengumi.

j
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm sure he's good. And from what I've seen he seems good. I didn't watch too much into the live action as I'm waiting for subs. I'd watch it raw but there's so much talking. X.x;
Just aesthetically, he doesn't really fit my image of Ginko. At least not with a mustache.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 20, 2007, 10:33:13 PM

Its been out since at least last summer. I forget when its original release date was.

I still think they picked a ugly guy to play ginko. They should've at least shaved off that mustache. Ginko does not have a mustache. NO NO NO!

Damnit! oh it did! I didn't see the year date in the trailer.
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 21, 2007, 03:10:46 AM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'm sure he's good. And from what I've seen he seems good. I didn't watch too much into the live action as I'm waiting for subs. I'd watch it raw but there's so much talking. X.x;
Just aesthetically, he doesn't really fit my image of Ginko. At least not with a mustache.

Yeah same here, he could've at least shaved the mustache.

Sunara Ishi

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 21, 2007, 06:31:25 AM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 20, 2007, 10:33:13 PM

Damnit! oh it did! I didn't see the year date in the trailer.
It was at the very end. It said: "2007年3月". Which is basically, "the year 2007, the 3rd month."
Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 21, 2007, 06:31:25 AM
Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 21, 2007, 03:10:46 AM

Yeah same here, he could've at least shaved the mustache.
At least I'm not the only one who thinks so. >.<
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

Appu

Mushishi = amazing series, IMO. I still can't bring myself to finish it. Maybe I should...

(I'm curious about the live action though)
MARIACHI, the Mixed Apparatus for Radar Investigation of Cosmic-rays of High Ionization, is an apparatus for the detection of ultra-high-energy cosmic rays (UHECR) via bi-static radar using VHF transmitters!

mDuo13

That reminds me, Mushishi is one of those series I really need to watch...

JohnnyAR

I saw the first and second episode, I got really intrested in it.

BunofGovt

The anime is gorgeous, the music is nicely moody, I love this series even though some of the episodes really don't satisfy me.

The live-action film is pretty good, please watch it! (It was in Japanese so I couldn't understand some of it, but it didn't really matter to me)  Ginko having facial hair adds a little to the idea that he's been on the road and not settling down anywhere long enough to do more than a quick nap and meal.  I think the actor (is it Odagiri) does a fine job. 

I got confused, though, because I picked up the 3rd DVD, looked at the cover and thought, 'I've seen this already haven't I' because it has the same episode that's featured in the film.  Me no baka!  :P
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

mDuo13

I have finally finished Mushishi. Amazing stuff. I wouldn't say it's my favorite anime ever, but it's in my top tier.

The last episode was a little unusual, but after sleeping on it, I realized that it gives a really amazing ending to the series without giving it an ending.

Sunara Ishi

Its rather sad that the live action is subbed in Italin before even an english sub comes out. -.-;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O

LastElixir