Tiger Attack in San Fran Zoo

Started by JohnnyAR, December 25, 2007, 10:17:02 PM

JohnnyAR

I just heard it on the news a few minutes ago.

A Siberian (I think) Tiger somehow got out of its cage, killed one man in his twenties and injured a few others. When police arrived they shot the Tiger while it was mualing a victim. And of course the Tiger died. This happend around 5:00 PM. The thing that I find so ridiculous is that the how the Tiger could've got out.

~~Loktera~~

It all really depends how well the lies are told...

JohnnyAR

Eurobeat King

same tiger named Tatiana that mauled a zoo-keeper a year ago.. and yet the tiger was kept alive after that incident. Now a year later, it escapes, and kills one guy and injures two others before the police blow it away.  (with just their handguns)

Most places were closed today due to Christmas.  I would think only my workplace (movie theaters) and a few restaurants would be open, but everything else would be closed so that people could spend time with their families.  So why was the zoo open today? 
"Freedom is the right of all sentient cosplayers."

BrightHeart76

I'm NEVER going to the Zoo again.  Repeat, NEVER!  Good God, what a horrible way to go. 
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

FinalShadows

They gotta replace steel bars, like electrical boxes =P
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

DemonLordZabuza

I'm a horrible person in the fact that I can't stop but giggle at this.

Wednesday morning at work:
-"Hey what you do for christmas?"
-"Get attacked by a tiger."
silence in the room

I love zoos...I think thats the plural for it.  I haven't been to many but they are still flippin awesome.  I think of it as being able to go to a furry con with out people thinking you are a pervert or weirdo...not saying that people who go to furry con are, but just hear it a lot :P.  I actually know some pretty awesome furries.

It is sad that some got injured and one died.

Now for a comic relief.  What to do in a tiger attack?
-make sure you are in a crowed, and trip the fat kid first.  Not only is he not faster than you, but also the tiger will spend more time devouring his delisious meat.
-make sharp turns while you run away.  Tigers are fast and physics say that fast objects have a hard time making sharp turns.  Tiger runs you turn, tiger tries to turn and falls over and rolls a little...oh shit is even more pissed off now.
-if all fails jump into a deep water area...just as long as it doesn't have sharks, crocodiles, killer wales or something that can also eat you.  That or let go of some animals so they can get eaten.

My thoughts, maybe the tiger didn't like Christmas and decided to attack those jolly families.  Or the tiger was like "wtf man? Its Fing Christmas.  Go home and stay with your family, don't come bother mine."  Or a person who doesn't like Christmas or got very bad Christmas present got mad and decided to let a tiger go out and kill people for his pure enjoyment.  his/her thoughts "ha take that you filthy person, lets see if you push me down on black friday ever again."

End of DLZ's comic relief.

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

JohnnyAR

I think somebody wasn't doing their job right, like they didn't lock the cage right. Mabye thats how it got out  ???

DemonLordZabuza

Oh I forgot another thing.  Stop duck and roll doesn't only work on fires but also if a giant kitty is pouncing on you...just roll the right way or else the kitty might think you are a ball of yarn :P.

Johnny that is the most reasonable way to look at it, and its probably right. 

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Kazuko

good lord does anyone find this funny =/

here i am in peru and i hear about this, not only does it make me feel scared to go to that zoo in san fran but im worried because i have friends arround that age that go there

=/ sad my condolences go to the family members and the people who got  mauled

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 26, 2007, 09:48:59 AM
I think somebody wasn't doing their job right, like they didn't lock the cage right. Mabye thats how it got out  ???

It was a grotto. Not only that, but it was surrounded by a 15ft. wide moat, and a 20ft. tall wall around it.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Fructose

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 26, 2007, 01:01:13 PM

It was a grotto. Not only that, but it was surrounded by a 15ft. wide moat, and a 20ft. tall wall around it.

Well, not to allude to tigers jumping 20ft up from water, but in regards to the moat at least, tigers actually are strong and frequent swimmers so that wouldn't have been much of an obstacle.

Shinsengumi

I've been hearing about this yesterday and today. I haven't gone to that zoo since I was in 12 years old. I heard that zoo is closed right now.
You tame a dog with food, you tame a man with money, but you can never tame the wolf of Mibu (Miburo).

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Fructose on December 26, 2007, 01:13:15 PM

Well, not to allude to tigers jumping 20ft up from water, but in regards to the moat at least, tigers actually are strong and frequent swimmers so that wouldn't have been much of an obstacle.

Ah, yeah. I was just pointing out that it wasn't a cage.

I think the moat's there for recreation, though.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

I heard about this at my grandma's house on christmas day just after eating dinner. -.-;

My initial explanation: Someone was a dumbass and thought: "Oh, that poor creature trapped in a cage. Lets let it out."

DLZ- that water thing would only work if the cat doesn't like water. Most types don't but there are those that do. And heavens forbid you actually get one that rebels against the rest of its type and likes to play in water. -.-;

But if its deep, it'd be probably too much trouble to chase you... what with all this other meat running around... -.-;

After hearing Jun's explanation of what this so called cage was... -.-; How could they assume that the tigers will stay in... -.-;
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

zemric

there is no water in the moat, its 20 feet deep, and yes there is a cage they go in at night.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Sunara Ishi

I can see it now... One tiger said to the other: "I hear they're getting ready to put you down for your stunt last year."
And the tiger said back: "F' this. I'm going out in style"

Though seriously, this is a sad event. For both the families and the tiger. (Is a fan of cats) Maybe I'm messed up but I felt more sad that they killed the tiger than that someone got killed... -.-; Its what cats do: kill. It isn't entirely the cats fault it got out.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

JohnnyAR

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on December 26, 2007, 04:09:08 PM
Quote from: Fructose on December 26, 2007, 01:13:15 PM

Ah, yeah. I was just pointing out that it wasn't a cage.

either way it got out

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on December 26, 2007, 04:30:56 PM
I heard about this at my grandma's house on christmas day just after eating dinner. -.-;

My initial explanation: Someone was a dumbass and thought: "Oh, that poor creature trapped in a cage. Lets let it out."

DLZ- that water thing would only work if the cat doesn't like water. Most types don't but there are those that do. And heavens forbid you actually get one that rebels against the rest of its type and likes to play in water. -.-;

But if its deep, it'd be probably too much trouble to chase you... what with all this other meat running around... -.-;

After hearing Jun's explanation of what this so called cage was... -.-; How could they assume that the tigers will stay in... -.-;

Yup, it probably just wandered out, it's not like it new that leaving was bad, they're animals (samething for us, we're all animals and I mean it) they don't understand. We're just more evolved than the rest.

Jerry

I'm hear more random things on the news.

Animal activists and now PETA is getting involved.

I could understand the educational/entertainment of train/domesticated animals... but yah im honestly hoping it was just a freak accident.

I mean it sorta relates to people owning "vicious" animals like pitbulls and stuff...

although a full size tiger can do lots more damage, thats one large kitty I'd run away screaming like a girl if was chasing me.

I just wish the greiving families my condolences, and hope that doesnt happen to anyone else.

I haven't been to a zoo in a while, but I'd still go.  :)
maybe a petting zoo, where the animals aren't hungry for people.  :P
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/jerry.pang

Games, Friends & Fanime oh my! :D

JohnnyAR