Tiger Attack in San Fran Zoo

Started by JohnnyAR, December 25, 2007, 10:17:02 PM

Ayamachi

Now they think the guy that got killed hopped the viewing fence and dangled his leg over the wall to taunt the tiger.

There's a bright idea if I ever heard one. :|
Alternate personalities for Fanime 2008:
TimeJump Hinata: 9%
Koumei: 8%
Black Jack: 67%
Gwendal: 38%

gmontem

I can't wait for parents to put the blame on video games like Zoo Tycoon 2.
Fanimafia Avatar of the Week #15: Barnes
The Fanimafia Gallery (2002-3, 7)

i feel so loved!

Sunara Ishi

I still want to own a big cat.

~here kitty-kitty~
You can come home and stay by my side and eat all the people who are mean to me. =^w^=
Of course, I'd prefer a jaguar... We'd be best friends: take swims in the local pool together, hunt, and wander the neighborhood. =^w^=

And if I get killed by my own pet... then I was just a dumb ass that wasn't prepared enough.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

deonchan

FWIW. The 17 year kid that was killed by the tiger went to the school I teach at.... He was not one of my students but I belive a few of mine knew him...
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

mDuo13

I just think it's damn impressive that the tiger managed to jump out of a pen that had already been re-enforced after its escapade last year. I have a lot of respect for wild animals, and apparently something was keeping this cat upset enough that it seriously mattered how much the zookeepers underestimated her.

Feel bad for the victims, though. That had to be painful. And for everyone else there, scary as heck.

Lactose

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on December 26, 2007, 08:51:05 AM
maybe the tiger didn't like Christmas

it was jewish.

so does that make killing the tiger a hate crime? o.O
Lactose = Liz

zemric

ya the kids already had a criminal record it wouldn't surprise me if they really did hop the fence its only like 3.5 feet tall. but the zoo did refortify it since it was built in the 40s. but they r taking drastic step now to refortify it.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Lactose

Lactose = Liz

JohnnyAR

Quote from: deonchan on December 27, 2007, 04:37:12 PM
FWIW. The 15 year kid that was killed by the tiger went to the school I teach at.... He was not one of my students but I belive a few of mine knew him...

I heard he was 17 on the news

FinalShadows

Anyone teaching Self-defense techniques against attacking Tigers?
Who should I call next? The Shrimp?

deonchan

Quote from: JohnnyAR on December 28, 2007, 08:53:14 PM
FWIW. The 15 year kid that was killed by the tiger went to the school I teach at.... He was not one of my students but I belive a few of mine knew him...

I heard he was 17 on the news

Typo fixed. thanks.
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

BrightHeart76

FWIW. The 17 year kid that was killed by the tiger went to the school I teach at.... He was not one of my students but I belive a few of mine knew him...

That's got to be hard.  Is your school out for the holidays now?  How is everyone handling it?

I still feel bad for the victims, it's a terrible thing that happened.  The San Francisco Zoo had the responsibility of keeping it's visitors safe and somehow they failed.  I hope something like this never happens again.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

deonchan

Yeah we're on break for now. Practice starts again on the 10th of the year (I'm a percussion instructor for the band) We have a forum that the band kids can chat it up on and ever since it happened, it's been real quiet.

SF Zoo is up for a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge lawsuit IMO
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

zemric

the san fran zoo wont have a law suit the kid hopped the fence and taunted the tiger.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Stormfalcon

Actually, it's looking like the kid that got killed died trying to protect the other two guys.  Whether one of the other two guys taunted the tiger is still up in the air.  Even if the taunting was a given, it's also turning out that the zoo didn't have its act together early on in the incident and that slowed down the response by emergency personnel.  That alone, if it's indeed the case, would be the basis of a lawsuit.  Toss in the fact that the walls were nearly four feet shorter than what was recommended, and it'll be fun time in court for the zoo.
My Cosplay Photography gallery, including FanimeCon 2001-2014:
http://stormfalcon.smugmug.com/CosplayPhotography

My DeviantArt Page:
http://stormfalcon.deviantart.com

JohnnyAR

Does anyone have any info on the two other guys that were attacked?

rubymoonIII

my mom looked at me all funny when i started laughing im moving next month to s.f and i was talking about going to the S.F zoo
till now
@Digitalberii <--Twitter

Mei

Oh my, really? I also go to Independence. It's terrifying how anyone I know could've been involved in this.

Anyway, on topic, I was shocked when I first heard of this attack. My condolences to the victims, their families, and Tatiana. I'm saddened the tiger had to go. I don't think she's entirely the one at fault, not that anyone was really pointing any fingers.

~~Loktera~~

*Shrug* I'll still go to the Zoo. I will just have to remember not to be around idiots who jump fences and taunt animals like that. Especially Tigers. Nimble, Agile, Strong, Deadly, Tigers...
It all really depends how well the lies are told...

rubymoonIII

omg if anything the idiot deserved to be mauled IF he was dumb enough to taunt the tiger as for the other poor people ehh well thats sad
@Digitalberii <--Twitter