Tiger Attack in San Fran Zoo

Started by JohnnyAR, December 25, 2007, 10:17:02 PM

Jehuty

It's been said before in other places (this is me giving credit) but it bears repeating now...

You'd think the zoo would know better and install some sort of deterrent, like for example, a dangerous animal that would attack anyone who climbed into the pen...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

DemonLordZabuza

DLZ's defense plan:
-Lions get out, release the tigers
-Tigers get out release the bears
-Bears get out...shit bears...release the elephants...yea because then you can send out the rats and its all good.

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Jehuty

That...is...awesome...

Then the hounds...release the hounds...
PRO-DUB
ENGLISH, Mother%@#!-er, DO YOU SPEAK IT?!

zemric

ya but then we got rats and they can be annoying. i just say if anything gets released let out the elephants then the rats, cuts out all the in between. but i will still go to the zoo and if anythings get out play dead X|.  I'm sure they wont bite too hard.XD
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

Kazuko

x: still since PETA got involved and such i feel bad for the tiger getting shot sure im sad about the people mauled/dead and well impressed that the tiger got out

but still its a tigers natural instinct to pounce on prey that is old or injured (i heard he was faking it) you cant blame the tiger for the natural instincts

I still visit the zoo I mean in peru the Park of Legends has you UPCLOSE to the animals, hell my face was close to lions, water bufflows and stuff yet nothing happened

JohnnyAR

I just heard a few days ago that the polar bear almost got out, not in a way that it was actually trying to get out, it just almost wandered out. Also, some other animal almost got out or something like that.

DemonLordZabuza

-Me

DemonLordZabuza

So this morning I found out that those bastards kids were taunting the tiger.  Not only that but were intoxicated.  Now I'm actually glad that they got hurt...all three should have died.  Because of their stupid behavior they killed a tiger.  I hate idiots like that in the world.

-Me

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on January 18, 2008, 09:24:36 AM
So this morning I found out that those bastards kids were taunting the tiger.  Not only that but were intoxicated.  Now I'm actually glad that they got hurt...all three should have died.  Because of their stupid behavior they killed a tiger.  I hate idiots like that in the world.

Even though they were being idiots and taunting the tiger, does it really justify saying that all three of them should've died? They already got what they had supposedly deserved, and there were enough deaths and injuries as it was. And them being intoxicated explains some things, as it would've been truly idiotic if they had done these things sober.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

DemonLordZabuza

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 18, 2008, 01:30:53 PM

Even though they were being idiots and taunting the tiger, does it really justify saying that all three of them should've died? They already got what they had supposedly deserved, and there were enough deaths and injuries as it was. And them being intoxicated explains some things, as it would've been truly idiotic if they had done these things sober.

I would rather have the tiger live rather than dirt bags like those guys.

-Me

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on January 18, 2008, 01:41:11 PM

I would rather have the tiger live rather than dirt bags like those guys.

Most people have the mentality that the animals are considered innocent in situations like these, but look at it this way. The idiotic men knew what they were doing wrong, and got injured and killed. The tiger was aware that attacking them would've been wrong, too, but it chose to anyway. It got killed, too. Not only that, but it was the tiger's second offense-- and even if the tiger wouldn't have been able to keep track of that, the zoo keepers and officials need to maintain a safe environment for patrons and had no other choice but to kill it. I think the results are just dandy the way they are, and more deaths in this case, probably wouldn't do anything useful. At least those men are alive to know what a stupid mistake they had made, which IMO, is worse to live with, than die peacefully without.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

Sunara Ishi

Oh no no no... We don't consider the animal innocent or guilty... It was just doing what it'd naturally do. In a way its guilty but more in an involuntary manslaughter kind of way.

I'm sorry but that cat shouldn't have had to die because of some idiots. I also question why no one bothered to notice that these guys were behaving oddly and call security. Or why no one tried to stop them when the tried to get into the cage.

Just because that was the simplest and possibly best way to contain the threat doesn't mean that the cat should've died. I see nothing wrong with having an opinion that the cat should've stayed alive and that the guys got what they deserved. (I apologize to the member of these boards that know them but that's my opinion.)

What did happen was unfortunate. But I side with the cat.
るう~
o(≧∀≦)O
"Doesn't break even when run over by a tank! The most durable ballpoint pen in world!"-Nebula

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: Sunara Ishi on January 18, 2008, 05:26:27 PM
Oh no no no... We don't consider the animal innocent or guilty... It was just doing what it'd naturally do. In a way its guilty but more in an involuntary manslaughter kind of way.

I'm sorry but that cat shouldn't have had to die because of some idiots. I also question why no one bothered to notice that these guys were behaving oddly and call security. Or why no one tried to stop them when the tried to get into the cage.

Just because that was the simplest and possibly best way to contain the threat doesn't mean that the cat should've died. I see nothing wrong with having an opinion that the cat should've stayed alive and that the guys got what they deserved. (I apologize to the member of these boards that know them but that's my opinion.)

What did happen was unfortunate. But I side with the cat.

Oh, I don't agree that the cat SHOULD have died, but there was really no other way. She wasn't killed on the expense of the idiots that were injured, rather, to protect the rest of the zoo and the people within it. What I don't agree with is that the other two should have died when they didn't. Enough damage was done, as is.

FanimaidCafe.com

G.I.R

they defiantly didn't deserve to get injured, but I hope those two idiots do see some jail time or some sort of penalty for harassing the tiger.

On a side note I heard that those two were apparently high on weed, and also had been drinking (an open liquor container was found in their car).  At least the attack kept them off the road.

Rainbow Ichi

From the information i've read from the newspapers

the person who died was missing from christmas eve dinner
and the two brothers who survived had previous police records

I would assume that bad influence had some part in this, them getting drunk, ending up in a zoo, made a tiger angry in the process, the tiger leaped past the moat-thingy.

Naturally, anyone, even animals that gets disturbed (most especially if they are hungry) will definitely try to get back at those that annoyed it. Its the same experienced i had when I was a kid, I pulled a horse's tail, and he kicked me, lost two front baby teeth (i know really smooth move >.< watched too many 'my little pony' ) and a sprained ankle.

Not the fault of the animal.

However my morality teacher always told us, if there are only two choices, and both risk something, always choose the lesser danger.

Better to have the tiger run after the police and get shot and kept the people from danger, rather then have the tiger diverted, got annoyed more and try to catch it with a net or say, tranquilizer. You'd probably be chasing it within the next hour or so, and with more other visitors who are not aware of the situation may likely be threatened or more fatal injuries arise.

those are my thoughts on my mind.
"Brevity is the Soul of the Wit"
"Pen and Sword in accord"

Rainbow Ichi's DeviantART Page:
http://rainbow010101.deviantart.com

JohnnyAR

True, true