Need genius cosplay designer/crafter

Started by deonchan, December 27, 2007, 02:06:54 PM

deonchan

Hi there.
I would like to do my first ever Cosplay (ever) @ Fanime this year. I have the PERFECT costume for my body type. Problem is... I don't even know where to begin!

If there is anyone in the bay area that's willing to help me out. PM me and I'll shot you my idea and photos!

THANKS!
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

deonchan

Bump for great justice

(and because I really need help)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Fructose

You'll probably get a better response if you give people some idea what you're in the market for at the very least (school uniforms, military, psycho gravityless freakery, etc.). Also, you may want to post your inquiry on a more cosplay-centric site, such as cosplay.com. They have a Spam board specifically for people selling things/requesting things/commissions in both directions. If it's an involved costume, you really should get cracking on it now or you'll be up a creek since a lot of commissioners require months, so at the very least you'll end up paying a rush fee.

Chloe

Here's some options for you:

1)  See if AcidKitten is free in her cosplay commission schedule; She may be able to help you.

2) Check Cosplay.com for any threads that might be around the lines you're looking for.

3) Check Cosplaylab.com (In the Pro-shop section) if there is anyone in the area you might be able to get a commission at.

4) http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=105758 or check out this page for a list of commissioners/with reviews.

5) Just keep looking around~

Hope one of these might be able help you in what you're looking for!
Cosplays for '10?  WHO KNOWS!?!

deonchan

hmm good points. I'm going to check those site but something tells me I'll be paying up the nose for what I want.

Because of my frame and sature. I want to go as a Big Daddy from Bioshock. It's doable as you can see from this photo

I'll hit up AcidKitten tonight....
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

LadyKaren

Quote from: deonchan on January 09, 2008, 04:56:40 PM
hmm good points. I'm going to check those site but something tells me I'll be paying up the nose for what I want.

Because of my frame and sature. I want to go as a Big Daddy from Bioshock. It's doable as you can see from this photo

I'll hit up AcidKitten tonight....

IF YOU DO IT I WILL TOTALLY BE A LITTLE SISTER. I SWEAR I WILL!

ZOMG.

deonchan

hmmm no word from AcidKitten yet and my request for commissions have fallen on deaf ears...er websites

I'll keep hacking @ it.

Kelsey I'm looking for a Little sister so yeah that'd be awesome if you wanna do it! ^_^
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Gatsby

O_O YOU MUST DO THIS!!!! YOU MUST!!! HELL I'LL CROSS-PLAY AS A LITTLE SISTER!

deonchan

ok plan b
looks like all commissions are booked and or in the arm and a leg dept

sooo thanks to Braveheart (thx bro) I have the costume broken down. Does this make it more obtainable for folks to help?

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Gatsby

Mister_E

Damn! How could you see through them little holes? I think you're shooting too high for that costume? It's your first one as well, but hey don't listen to me, I'm from what I'm been told from my first year as Tetsuo Shima of Akira to The Laughing Man from Ghost in the Shell:SAC as second, as "Simple yet VERY effective" type of cosplayer.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

deonchan

hmmm looks like it ain't gonna happen :(

It is kinda hard to find something to run with given my body type and umm stuff. Here is a shot of moi. Any suggestions?

Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Moonblossom

Barrett from FF7 popped immediately to mind

http://www.ffnet.org/images/barret3.jpg

You'd have to do a bit of crafty construction to make a gun arm, but aside from that I don't think it'd be too difficult :D You've got nice big arms that would totally work to pull him off.

XpHoBiaX

Crafty foam is your friend!!!!!!!!!
I am making a predator costume all out of craft foam and pringles cans and things like that. You just need the drive and creative focus.
Any dollar store/ walmart has craft foam, pringles. etc. ^-^; Hope that helped.

Mister_E

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on February 25, 2008, 10:09:58 PM
Crafty foam is your friend!!!!!!!!!
I am making a predator costume all out of craft foam and pringles cans and things like that. You just need the drive and creative focus.
Any dollar store/ walmart has craft foam, pringles. etc. ^-^; Hope that helped.

Predator costume? How are....going...to...do...the...hair? OH!!!
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

OniCourseMusha

Oh wow!! I would like to see this at fanime.
FanimeCon E-gaming Room Staff
Kraken Con Staff

Cosplay: DDR Pad/Box, Brain Age, Andross (SNES), Formal Totoro, Master/Crazy Hand

XpHoBiaX

I already have most of the pieces done and I already have the hair done. I haven't posted anything up about it though as it isn't anime related. There is actually quite a bit of different ways to make predator costumes.  I am about 1/3 done. Considering I am making everything from scratch and there aren't much female predator pics to look at. (That aren't all the same)
if anyone is interested in what I am doing link is here:
http://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=6463

Ari

XpHoBiaX

If you want to go with that char:
Crafty foam, midsection cut from a 2L soda bottle, old crayola fat markers for the barrel parts, forest green paint, sponge bronze for worn effect and viola there is your gun hand.
(make a handle on the inside so you can hold it)

I'd make your big daddy costume...but I live waaaay to far away and I am still working on my own. :/

deonchan

Quote from: XpHoBiaX on March 10, 2008, 10:14:23 PM
If you want to go with that char:
Crafty foam, midsection cut from a 2L soda bottle, old crayola fat markers for the barrel parts, forest green paint, sponge bronze for worn effect and viola there is your gun hand.
(make a handle on the inside so you can hold it)

I'd make your big daddy costume...but I live waaaay to far away and I am still working on my own. :/

Thanks anyways ^_^

But I think due to the guests we're going to have at famine (esp Musicfest) and the number of other things I'll be taking care of for Fanime S.O.S. I highly doubt if I'll have time to go cosplay that much let alone do masquerade and the lot.

On the up side there is this lil gem of a show called "The Tribe" think of live action anime from New Zealand. The costumes are kinda out there but easy to make and the make up is a breeze as well. I think I'm going to switch directions and go that route.

Anyone wanna come along?

Oh.. might be useful to post a linky about the bloody show first. (not many ppl have heard of it)

Official site (old and never updated anymore) - http://www.tribeworld.com/
Wiki site - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Tribe_(TV_series)
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div