The list has been updated! ^^)
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

migitlicious

This sounds fun! This will be my first fanime so I am looking to try all these different things people are setting up. I would like to go as Hikari from Special A this year. I don't know if Special A is popular to do - didn't see a specific forum for it. If my opinion is of a bit of importance, I would like to nominate Sunday at 6pm

shinigamitsunami

my first fanime too :]

i'm going to be cosplaying maria kurenai (VK) and Nana O (NANA) sometime during the con.......
....don't know which one i'll be doing though if i show up :]

saku

this sounds fun ^_^
I can go as Hino Kahoko from La Corda d'Oro

BSaphire

I have updated the list & the gathering is listed for Sunday @ 3:30 pm Fountains in Front Hilton side.

I don't know all the characters in many of these titles and I would love some help to clear the list at the bottom of the page. If any one knows what the character is from please post it here for me ^^)

There are currently 26 cospeeps representing 9 Beat titles! *YEAH!!! I hope Sunday works for many of you :)

Arigato
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

kimu

Taking my best guess and I could be wrong!!

Hildechan ~ ?Zero Kiryuu or ?God Child era Cain (IF Zero, then Vampire Knight, otherwise God Child?)
Dark Sphinx ~ Tamaki (Ouran Host High School Club)
UndercoverKitty ~ Haruhi (Ouran Host High School Club)
HeeroYuy135 ~ What character? (obviously no idea :) )
?Dancing Lanza ~ ?Yuki or Kaname (Either way Vampire Knight)

Chihiro

Quote from: migitlicious on March 24, 2008, 02:02:54 AM
This sounds fun! This will be my first fanime so I am looking to try all these different things people are setting up. I would like to go as Hikari from Special A this year. I don't know if Special A is popular to do - didn't see a specific forum for it. If my opinion is of a bit of importance, I would like to nominate Sunday at 6pm
Will wrestling moves be included?
xD
Can't wait to see your cosplay. I'm thinking you'll be the only SAer there >.>
on my way to steal yo gurls
Fanimaid Cafe Department Second Head

migitlicious

Quote from: sakuranoyuki on May 05, 2008, 06:20:38 PM
Quote from: migitlicious on March 24, 2008, 02:02:54 AM
Will wrestling moves be included?
xD
Can't wait to see your cosplay. I'm thinking you'll be the only SAer there >.>

Oh nooo...college + upcoming finals have reduced my stamina and athleticism to almost nothing. Thanks for your enthusiasm. I think I will be the only one there doing SA -_- good and bad thing I guess. But I just realized I want to cut my hair soon, possibly before fanime, just because I always cut it around this time of year. That will put my hair length somewhere between Hikari's and Akira's. Ehhhh tea and snacks is sounding a little more appealing now than wrestling now that you mention it >.<

BSaphire

Though this is my last time to update the "Beat" list please come to the gathering and represent your Beat favorite in cosplay! Thank you to everyone for joining in on this 1st Shojo Beat gathering! I look forward to seeing everyone there!

Arigato
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

I just wanted to thank all of the "Beat" cospeeps that showed up for the gathering. I can now explain the time change that happened. I had invited Viz Media to come out and shoot the Shonen Jump gathering & had hoped that they would cover Shojo Beat as well. When they contacted me that they were sure they were coming they said that they would be there for both gatherings & would put some raffle gifts together *YEAH! I was surprised that Shojo Beat Magazine was able to come out & VERY happy that they did! Vampire Knight this was definitely your year eh! ^^)

I will post any links or info I get from them here so that all of you can find out. Thank you for coming out and representing your favorite "Beat" title. I now need to find a mega phone & get my Beat cosplay together for 2009 ^^)

So how was the gathering for you?

Domo Arigato Viz Media, Shojo Beat, & all the Beat Cospeeps that came.

Hugs & Smoochies
BSaphire
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

That was a delightful surprise, B, many many thanks for arranging for Viz Media AND Shojo Beat Mag to take pictures.  I'm glad the Vampire Knight group was there, as well as cosplayers from Skip Beat and Nana (I think I'm missing someone).  We need more representation of the different titles! 

I only needed 30 minutes to change from my Jump cosplay to my Beat cosplay, even with slow elevators!

;D

See you next year!!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

brie

I also attended the Shojo Beat gathering, and it definitely was a nice surprise! I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it but I gladly changed from Kiba to Yuki and had a fantastic time taking pictures with the rest of the Vampire Knight group... anybody get any pictures? o:
And thank you again for inviting Viz and Shojo Beat magazine! I was taken aback and was worried that my cosplay didn't have some important things like Yuki's necklace... oh well. Thank you again. I look forward to next year's gathering!!

BSaphire

Arigato BunofGovt & brie for your posts. I have been thinking of what I can do to make next years "Beat" gathering fun.... Having Shojo Beat show up was icing on the cake! I didn't even expect it! Viz was awesome... So does anyone have ideas??? Please post them and definatly grab your "Beat" cosplay friends and drag them to the 09 gathering!

:) Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

brie

Oh, I'm so excited for this gathering!! (:

Although I'm torn! I have my Day Class Yuuki Cross or my new cosplay... Maora from Shinshi Doumei Cross (complete with a Okorimakuri :3). But I'll definitely be going. ;D

BSaphire

Ok Beat peeps! Are you getting ready for 2009? Do you have something new in mind for the Beat gathering? I sure do ^^) but it will be a surprise *giggles. I don't think I can top last year, but this time I am hoping to cosplay..... from something irregular *LOL but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up so I will wait to see if I can pull this off before I post more as to what I am cosplaying.

It was great to see everyone last year, but I wonder how many we will get this year? I was also looking to move this gathering to possibly Saturday.... With the Shonen weekly, Jump and Beat gatherings I want to make sure everyone can make it this time... *cough cough Ouran Host *cough cough and I knew that Viz was showing up last year so I had to schedule this gathering to accommodate them if they could only attend one day... so what do you think?

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Kanzake

I guess i could try to make it as Kaname Kuran from Vampire Knight, providing my friends dont drag me into getting into my other cosplays D: (i should learn to turn off my cell... i got calls saying "Matt! Get in sephy~" last year :<

Anyways, Kaname Kuran, VK. X3
Fanime Rovers Department 2nd - Ku

Lolita Rapture

I'm going as Nana O. from Nana.
I'm already beginning to talk my hubby into being my Ren.
I'm pretty sure he'll do it.

mochisnack

I'll be attending as Shin from NANA..with a Blast group?
Fanime 2013 Lineup *TENTATIVE*
Friday: Irabu Ichirou, Hakaba Kitaro
Saturday: XIAH Junsu "Tarantallegra",Hagane Miku
Sunday: Ciel Phantomhive, Yuzuriha Inori
Monday: Tachibana Mei