Shojo "Beat" Gathering 2010 *5/20 update ~ Change of Time!*

Started by BSaphire, December 27, 2007, 03:03:05 PM

BSaphire

Thank you to all those who came out to 09's gathering. I was told by someone that I don't have all the "Beat" titles up on the list (1st post) so if anyone knows of any I am missing Please post them.

For 2010 I would like to move this gathering to Friday evening (thinking 6:30) but I know that it is way to early to be setting the time or day. I just wanted to give my Beat peeps a heads up.

As for Beat no longer being available... let us hope they move it to an online magazine... *crosses fingers*

Love to all
BSaphire
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

Don't forget Gaba Kawa!

Here are some pics from the gathering plus a Skip Beat cosplayer I saw in the center earlier (I thought I saw her just before the gathering but couldn't catch up to her).  I wish I had yelled out for the Beat peeps but I got distracted  ;)

Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

trucrocks

I'll be going to Fanime 2010 for the first time in my life! <3 I was too busy this year to go. This will be the first anime convention that I'll be attending. My twin sister and I are planning to cosplay as the Human Yuuki Cross and the Vampire Yuuki Cross from Vampire Knight. :D If you want to talk to me more and meet up, please email me at [email protected]

Mi Feng

Hooray for Shojo Beat gathering! Now I have to decide if I will be there as Nekozawa from Ouran or Yuuki from Vampire Knight, it will all depend on the day its being held XD

For now put me down as a maybe for both ^^

BSaphire

Shojo Beat the magazine may be gone but the titles we love are still going strong in manga and anime! So come out and show your support! Represent your fav character and build up the BEAT!

Post here and I will add you!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Just a bump :P

Happy Holidays Beat Peeps!
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

kagaminerin02

I shall be there again as Ruka from vampire knight this time with a better wig!!

RyuSan777

Shojo on Sunday? Grand sign me down for kyouya ottorti from ouran or zero kiryu of vampire knight
Fanime Cosplays
Day 1: Ootori Kyoya- Ouran HS Host Club,
Tsuchimi Rin-Shuffle!,Kiryu Zero-Vampire Knights
Day 2:Hitsugaya Toushiro *Bankai Form*- Bleach
Death the kid-Soul Eater, Zero-Code Geass
Day 3:Philipenes-Hetalia
Day 4:Kyon- The Meloncholy

BSaphire

The list has been updated!

2010 might be the last time I run this gathering for a while. With the mag not in circulation anymore, everyone doing individual gatherings of beat titles, and the demands of my department I am just unsure if everyone wants this gathering. There are lots of great titles and it has the potential to be huge like Jump is, but there just aren't enough peeps that come to this gathering. So Beat peeps prove me wrong and make this gathering a big success and I will gladly keep doing it.

I hope that Friday afternoon works for everyone, I was thinking of having it at 6:30 pm so that many of the Beat peeps can make it to this, what does everyone think?
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

kimu

My input:
6:30 would mean I would have to miss joining SB. Conflicts with another gathering.

But if it works for everyone else...go for it!

BSaphire

Quote from: kimu on February 17, 2010, 06:46:59 PM
My input:
6:30 would mean I would have to miss joining SB. Conflicts with another gathering.

But if it works for everyone else...go for it!
I was thinking of all the VK cospeeps and how late evening photos are awesome! I could go to 7 if that would work? Is the other gathering you are attending DOGS? I wanted to sneak over there in between C v SNK & Beat to take a few pics :) I would really like to do this in the early evening, no later than 7:30 pm cause we would loose the light.

If Capcom V SNK stays at its usual 5pm slot on Friday I will be there in cosplay. Fight Games and Guilty Gear/Blaze Blue look to be Friday also, but they aren't set as of yet.

I just want this to go over with a bang this year.... Humm suggestions?
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

kimu

Actually, it'd be the Saiyuki gathering...we're locking that in around 5:30 on Friday. And I'd never be able to change in time--already learned that lesson last year not making it to the VK gathering for that reason.
As for VK, I haven't seen any plans for a gathering for it this year, which is rather surprising!

OpheliaCat8

I'm thinking about going as Kanae Kotonami from Skip Beat!  Just depends if I can get the pink jumpsuit done in time.  I'm also working on cosplays for a bunch of my friends, so I may not have the time to make it.  For now, put me down as maybe. As long as it's Friday, I'll be able to attends, timewise.
"I like to quote myself."

Cosplays for Fanime 2011
Fri  -  Kanae Kotonami, Skip Beat!
Sat -  Relm Arrowny, FFVI
Sun - Sailor Jupiter, SMStars

BSaphire

The list has been updated! I sure hope you can come OpheliaCat8! Your the first and only Skip Beat listed for this year.

Where did all by Shojo Beat cospeeps go :( I was really hoping that 2010 would be a good year and that we would get at least 10 titles represented!

As of now I have no Nana, Honey Clover, Beauty Pop, and only 2 Ouran High School Host Club which have all been represented in the past years. Well there is two months left... and I'm sure that they will come out and represent! Yeah! :)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

I will probably cosplay as Yorihisa from Harukanaru again this year (am working on several new cosplay and may not have a chance to get a new SB cosplay done in time).  Looking forward to seeing everybody!
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

Melly

HOPEFULLY going as Hachi. her's should be easy but her skirt looks like a pain to make D< -rage-

JiiiWiz

If my friend can make it to this gathering, I will too. So set us down for Ouran's Hikaru and Kaoru (me) :] We'll be in their onee-chan dresses.
"Please don't.."

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

Just looking for the Shojo Beat Cospeeps! Come on and join in! We'd love to have you at our gathering ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder: