Shojo "Beat" Gathering 2010 *5/20 update ~ Change of Time!*

Started by BSaphire, December 27, 2007, 03:03:05 PM

BunofGovt

Hey, B - my friend was looking through the November 2008 Shojo Beat and spotted some of the pics taken at Fanime!!  The Vampire Knight group was not there, but it was rather a large group so it might be in December's issue (I don't recall seeing it in the October issue).

;D ;D
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on November 01, 2008, 01:07:53 AM
Hey, B - my friend was looking through the November 2008 Shojo Beat and spotted some of the pics taken at Fanime!!  The Vampire Knight group was not there, but it was rather a large group so it might be in December's issue (I don't recall seeing it in the October issue).

;D ;D
WOW! I would love to get my hands on a copy of that! Thanks BunofGovt for posting this!

I will be adding names to the list as of December 1, 08. Please talk to the other gatherings out there that would fit into our little party and invite them to come and join here.

Happy Thanksgiving Beat Peeps!
Squidges
B
BSaphire
Cosplayer Gatherings Organizer 2005-2015
Cosplayer Gatherings Department Head 2009-2015
BSP - Cosplayer, Costumer, Photographer, Journalist
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

I may be able to get a copy for you (my mom snagged one) I'll let you know in a day or two. :D

BSaphire

Quote from: BunofGovt on November 19, 2008, 06:29:33 PM
I may be able to get a copy for you (my mom snagged one) I'll let you know in a day or two. :D
Let's hear it for MOMS!!!! YEAH!!! and Obasans too *giggles ^^)
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

BunofGovt

B - I have the magazine for you.  If you pm me a mailing address I'll send it to you 'cause I may not make it to SacAnime in January.

BSaphire

I updated the list! This gathering will be Saturday @ 1:30 pm Fountains in Front Hilton side.

So where are the rest of the Beat peeps? Please post your character name and what title your character is from.

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

sky-chan

Hmm, sounds interesting. Count me in. I'll be Rima Tohya from Vampire Knight. :3

Yunri-Chan

Hi there, can you put me down as Yuuki Cross? I'm not 100% sure I can attend since I have a lot going on Saturday; are the times you announced official/unchangeable? :<
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

BSaphire

Quote from: Yunri-Chan on December 02, 2008, 05:00:18 PM
Hi there, can you put me down as Yuuki Cross? I'm not 100% sure I can attend since I have a lot going on Saturday; are the times you announced official/unchangeable? :<
Yunri! *hugs the time is tentative but I would prefer to have this gathering on Saturday. I think Cosplay Masquerade is staying on Sat so I wanted to make sure that peeps had time to change. As we get into the new year and stuff develops I will let everyone know. Please post any suggestion on time if you have one.  I was considering 3 pm...?
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

Yunri-Chan

Quote from: BSaphire on December 02, 2008, 05:41:43 PM
Yunri! *hugs the time is tentative but I would prefer to have this gathering on Saturday. I think Cosplay Masquerade is staying on Sat so I wanted to make sure that peeps had time to change. As we get into the new year and stuff develops I will let everyone know. Please post any suggestion on time if you have one.  I was considering 3 pm...?

LOL B!~ x3

Ohh, I see! Well, I'm personally hoping that the gathering is on the early afternoon of the masquerade day (I'm doing VK for the masq), so if the masquerade is indeed on Saturday then I'm fine with a gathering that day in the afternoon. :3 You might not want to decide on a specific time so early then, especially since we don't know the schedule until the months before the con; maybe it should be decided on then once we all get an idea of what we're doing? Iono~ :3
ℓα ℓαℓ αℓα~
ccs sakura [9O%]
hatsune miku [9O%]
secret! [9O%]
2O1O? ideas pending ~
私は愛する~사랑해 × loveyou ♡
synesthesia C:

kimu

I'd like to be there as Headmaster Cross (Kaien) from Vampire Knight if I don't end up with any conflicts from something else.

BunofGovt

B - I will most likely be Yorihisa again from Harukanaru toki no naka de.  If I change my mind (maybe I'll find some FABULOUS new character to cosplay  :o) I'll let you know.  But put me down for Yorihisa for now, please (I still need your mailing addy, too, for the SB magazine)

:D

BSaphire

BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

sky-chan

I'm sorry guys, but I don't think I'll be able to participate in the gathering anymore, much less cosplay as Rima Tohya. Life happened, and well, stuff came up, and it doesn't look like it will be happening this year. I can probably go take pictures, but beyond that, I don't think so. Very sorry!

kimu

I wanted to toss this idea out there....
I am planning to participate in the Masq (and may not be the only one?), which as noted (thank you B!!) is likely to be Saturday.
It's occurring to me and a couple others that an afternoon gathering for Shojo Beat is going to conflict with what we need to do get ready with our costumes.
I don't know if it would be possible to suggest moving up the SB Gathering to a little before lunch??
It's okay if it can't be moved. If that time works for the majority of the people, then stick to it.
:)

BSaphire

Well... The time may need to move for this. I was thinking of moving the Beat gathering to either 11:00 am on Saturday or 6 pm on Sunday. The only other option is Friday @ 6:30 PM?

Thoughts?

Squidges
B
BSaphire
Founder:
AC   DC

kimu

6 on Sunday would mean the Vampire Knight gathering could be right after that, so that would make it real easy and awesome for me. So that's my vote.

I'll do my best if the majority vote a different way to work with what comes up.

(I've also changed my plans so I don't expect I'll be in the Fanime Masq this year, but others might be.)

elfgirlkaname

Quote from: edendreams on January 10, 2008, 11:22:18 PM
haha i've been getting the supplies together to make the pink jumpsuit for kyoko lol Hey if there's going to be a shojo beat gathering let me know and i'll show up as:

Kyoko Mogami from SKIP-BEAT!

that's cool I'm going as her too! I'd love to meet take pics of 2 Kyoko's XD

Eri Kagami

Me and my posse will be representing Nana. I'll be Mai!

Yaminogame

I will be there as Kaoru from Ouran Host Club! My twin sister will be Hikaru.