Please Do Not Hold TWO or More Reservations for a Hotel Room...

Started by PassingTheBuck, January 03, 2008, 02:36:53 PM

PassingTheBuck

Hi Everyone,

Here's a problem that we had last year that in previous years wasn't really that bad.  People who book multiple reservations for hotel rooms and than release the one they don't want the week prior to the FanimeCon. 

Here's the problem:

It floods the market with rooms that the vast majority of those needing the rooms can't get to them.  The hotels don't mind it, because they can charge the full rate for the rooms, instead of the FanimeCon rate.  It messes with CMR's ability to do their job and get all the rooms booked properly. 

So the 'old guy' is asking that if you have multiple bookings, please let us know and let us help you decide which one is the best for you and get you to release the other reservation.  It helps you and you would be helping others, by allowing them to get a good hotel rate too.

Any questions?

Craige...

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016

NetBelleAnie

So what are we supposed to do if we are trying to reserve two rooms so they connect for a large group of people?  I reserved twice for the Crowne so my group of 8 people could be in rooms together nearby or preferably with a connecting door, but had to do seperate reservations.   What am I supposed to do if I just want to reserve 2 rooms?
Demyx (Kingdom Hearts)
Mabel (Gravity Falls)

Fructose

I don't think he means not to hold two reservations if you're housing 8 people, he means people who double-book either out of indecisiveness or whatever, like they have only 2 people, but they have a reservation for both Marriott and Hilton, or for a regular double-double room and a suite. Then right before the "You have to pay $150 for the deposit for cancelling on such short notice" date, they release the one they don't need.

Or at least that's how I interpreted it. I don't see why there would be any problem with holding multiple reservations if you actually need all those rooms for your group. (I myself have in the past held 4 dbl-dbl reservations, because I was responsible for housing some 15 people.)

PassingTheBuck

Quote from: NetBelleAnie on January 08, 2008, 01:31:08 PM
So what are we supposed to do if we are trying to reserve two rooms so they connect for a large group of people?  I reserved twice for the Crowne so my group of 8 people could be in rooms together nearby or preferably with a connecting door, but had to do seperate reservations.   What am I supposed to do if I just want to reserve 2 rooms?

Sorry for the confusion and Fructose has it right, I'm more worried about the 30 plus people who cancelled seven days prior to the convention, the hotels loved it, because they turned right around and sell them to people who walk up to the front desk, looking for a room for the weekend.  They sold these rooms for full price and it could have been prevented.

What you are doing is okay.

Craige...

Craige Howlett
Finance Director
FanimeCon/Clockwork
2003-2016