tech jobs?

Started by milki, January 04, 2008, 03:32:55 PM

milki

Which departments are related to tech other than gaming? I don't see much of tech related stuff on the departments list.

zemric

well what do you mean by tech. like I.T.
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

LadyKaren

Quote from: milki on January 04, 2008, 03:32:55 PM
Which departments are related to tech other than gaming? I don't see much of tech related stuff on the departments list.

Are we talking about like technology in general...? Like anything that involves electronics....? There's, well, the department Tech... Or Information Technology (To which currently has 1 staff member if you care to join). Or there is video, the egaming or other such departments that use technology... If that's what you mean...

All departments that need staff aren't all on the website yet. If you're interested in the department and you don't see the department on the looking for staff list, send 'em an email and tell then you're interested.

Tony

What she said! But to detail...

Tech deals a lot with setting up the electronics of the convention (projectors, sound systems, etc) troubleshooting, and tear-down. If you know how to set these sorts of things up, without them catching on fire, you might enjoy tech.

IT deals with computer hardware support and applications coding for the convention. They setup and maintain key servers, as well as code applications (like the Registration or Staff sites). Network and web people are a good fit for IT.

Other events may need tech help as well. Theater techs might want to talk to Masquerade or MusicFest. Stage Zero uses sound and video, too. And of course, Dance and B&W Ball have sound systems that may need a tech.

Just to give you some idea of where technical skills could come in play.  :)
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

milki

Cool. Tech and IT sounds like the place for me then. I'll send out emails.