easy cosplay?

Started by userpay, January 04, 2008, 07:19:34 PM

userpay

I would really like to cosplay this year but I don't have much of a budget and a lack of knowledge of where to get items for cosplay (preferably not ebay simpily put). What I've got now that could be used are a katana and wazitashi (unsharpened), airsoft guns (my parents probably wouldn't let me use them anyway if they were allowed), a head band that says victory (if I remember correctly), military fatigues, renasance outfit, and a long stick that could be a used as a staff. Any suggestions?

BrightHeart76

First year I went I dyed my hair pink wore something I thought looked anime like and called myself, "random background character" I don't know if it'll work for you, but I had fun.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

kat-hime

easiest cosplay in the word?

L from Deathnote

:]

BunofGovt

Several anime have military characters (Hellsing, Kino's Journey, etc).  I think Legend of the Dragon Kings has an Army lieutenant who wears the army green pants and a dark t-shirt at one point.  I think Street Fighter has some characters who wear fatigues but I'm not sure what the rest of the outfit looks like, sorry!

What BrightHeart says is true, you could wear your fatigue pants, a tank top or t-shirt and the head band and be a random anime character.  If you had a spare t-shirt and some fabric paint, maybe you could write something on the shirt like, like, The Anime Army Wants You!  (Meh, that was terrible, sorry, I'm a little brain-dead).
Life is too important to take seriously.  Seriously.

kai

Easy cosplays are from series with characters who dress in normal clothing.

As pointed out, L from Death Note is rather simple, but I'd also like to see more uncommon cosplayers from an awesome series like Initial D (rather simple, t-shirt and jeans).

Mister_E

My Laughing Man Costume *the photo on my sig* costed me under 20.00 You just have to make the outfit it's a LOT cheeper, think of a character you like and everyone would know if you people giving you "Good Job', 'Simple yet very effective'  ect..."
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

BrightHeart76

hmm...maybe I should resurect "random background character" this year.  I still have all the pieces and I dye my hair pink that week anyway...hmm...it could be fun.
Sometimes I'm glad I became a teacher.  Other times I wish I had simply become a ninja.

emo_avenger

be charaters where they wear normal cloths...like ritsuka from loveless....or...like umm......some randome charater! for my cosplay for the first day of AX i wore all black and called myself "that emo kid from that one anime" when someone asked me who i was suppost to be.
Fanime '08 cosplay.....

sasuke - non time skip ~gathering on sun-12:00pm~ all sunday
Ritsuka - Loveless ~gathering on sat 2:00pm~ all saturday
shinigami - bleach ~cant make the gathering~ all friday

userpay

Good ideas. I am considering to call my sister and ask her to make me a soul reaper outfit and go as one of the backround soul reapers (she made some awsome reni costumes).

andrew

the simplest way to cosplay is to were a tuxedo and a ribbon tie.

G-Force

Aside from normal clothes an easy cosplay I always see is people wearing black suits and going as Yakuza.

phoenixphire24

Many animes have characters in school outfits. You can find a lot of cheap jackets/pants/ties in various colors at most thrift stores.