Stage Zero at Fanime Con 2008

Started by Mr. Wendell, January 05, 2008, 07:59:42 PM

Mr. Wendell

Oh yes, indeed, it's fun time!

Mr. Wendell here, once again, and Stage Zero comes back for Fanime.

For those that don't know, we are the live show that brings you information and entertainment all on one stage in the center of the convention. :D

We continue to bring the con-goers more fun, whether it be in videos, music, games, and all around good times.

We would like to ask for suggestions and ideas for this year's show.  If it is possible, we will take it into consideration.

Hopefully we can make Stage Zero much better this year.

So scoop your Haagen-Dazs and twirl your curleh mustaches, because we're going to be all up in your mouf!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

darkknightcecil

OMG ITS MR WENDELL!
how are you!.
hmm stage zero
waht age do you have to be to work fo stage zero?

AnimeEmperor

OMG Wendell! I haven't talked to you in like....a day!!!! It's so great to see you.

I have a brilliant idea for Stage Z, interview random con goers and hear how much they love the convention, where they're from, what they're gonna do, etc. Just a random though I had now, doesn't make it good.

Runewitt

a Good Idea/ Bad Idea info video.
good idea : SHOWER

bad idea: superheavystinkydeodorant.
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.

Yukari Kaiba

heeeeeey wendell =D

i'd love to see games to win prizes - Quick Draw was one that was fun.
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 07, 2008, 12:06:03 AM
heeeeeey wendell =D

bump

....oh wait, this isn't 4chan. I mean it's a good idea. XD

darkknightcecil

WHat else is planned for stage zero :D

otakuapprentice

yo, Wendell.

if you still have that list i made for last year, try using some of the stuff from that(if possible/probable).
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: AnimeEmperor on January 06, 2008, 09:15:03 PM
I have a brilliant idea for Stage Z, interview random con goers and hear how much they love the convention, where they're from, what they're gonna do, etc. Just a random though I had now, doesn't make it good.

Actually, Stage Zero is planning to do something like that.  We're giving con-goers the opportunity to put their shout-outs on our digicams, and we will show those videos during Stage Zero.  We will allow them 10 seconds to say "Hi" or give props or give shout-outs to anyone.  All we ask is no profanity or obscene gestures and no threats, and we will select the ones that will be put in our video rotation throughout the four days of the convention.

We're still planning the coordination, but we will try to record the shout-outs near Stage Zero.  We'll keep you posted as to how we'll do it.

Quote from: Runewitt on January 06, 2008, 11:21:06 PM
a Good Idea/ Bad Idea info video.
good idea : SHOWER

bad idea: superheavystinkydeodorant.

There is plans for Stage Zero to make different informational videos, but we need to get in touch with our associates who have the equipment to make a proper information video.

However, this is definitely one of the videos we are planning to make. :D

Quote from: Yukari Kaiba on January 07, 2008, 12:06:03 AM

Quick Draw will definitely make a return, as well as the other staple games we're going to have, such as Musical Chairs, Jun Ken Pow, and Dance battles.  We are also creating and working on new games that will premiere for our show during the day.

Quote from: darkknightcecil on January 07, 2008, 03:05:52 PM
WHat else is planned for stage zero :D

People have asked about the game shows, and those will be making a return to Stage Zero.  You will see them during the evening after the day programming of Stage Zero, and you can check the forums for more details on that. :D

Also, we are in the planning to have late night programming for Stage Zero, after the regular day programming.  Details will be released as soon as we are able to confirm it.

Quote from: darkknightcecil on January 06, 2008, 07:43:19 PM
waht age do you have to be to work fo stage zero?

We don't have a current age limit, but we are still trying to figure out if we need more staff for Stage Zero, whether it be during the day or for the late night.  We'll keep you posted in regards to staffing.

Quote from: otakuapprentice on January 07, 2008, 03:07:44 PM
if you still have that list i made for last year, try using some of the stuff from that(if possible/probable).

Happily, that thread is still on the forums, so I will take a look and work it out with my staff.

Mr. Wendell

AnimeEmperor

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on January 07, 2008, 04:05:06 PM

Actually, Stage Zero is planning to do something like that.  We're giving con-goers the opportunity to put their shout-outs on our digicams, and we will show those videos during Stage Zero.  We will allow them 10 seconds to say "Hi" or give props or give shout-outs to anyone.  All we ask is no profanity or obscene gestures and no threats, and we will select the ones that will be put in our video rotation throughout the four days of the convention.
How convenient it is that you're already planning something that i've never heard you mention before, and you decide to announce it right after I give a very similar idea.

Yes...yes how very convenient eh?

ohayo_sunshine

Hey Mr. Wendell!!
Stage Zero was pretty awesome last year. I think the random dance-off competitions were the best (since I won one ;P)
Also, the massive come-up-on-stage"Night of Fire" Parapara dance was cool. If there's any opening, I was wondering if I could do a Hello!Project dance performance sometime. I don't know if this is the right thread for it but just to put it out there...

iNSOMNiAC

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on January 07, 2008, 04:05:06 PM

We're still planning the coordination, but we will try to record the shout-outs near Stage Zero.  We'll keep you posted as to how we'll do it.

Great, now everybody's gonna shout out "You lost the game" for sure. xD

Cool idea though. x3

Narutotaku

Hello anime/manga fan rookies and Elite Otaku of all sub-categories(watch or read Genshiken),

I have a suggestion for the dance battlles. I suggest a tounament that starts Fiday and ends Sunday night with a leader board next to or above Stage Zero. The tournament champions should be on a Hall of fame and win some type of imported or officially liscensed prize at Stage Zero  :-)
"Time flys when your having fun"(unknown)
"Time blasts off like a NASA space shuttle when you cosplay at FanimeCon"(Narutotaku)
<"http://member.square-enix.com/na/"><"http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/16916.gif">

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: Narutotaku on February 10, 2008, 11:30:43 PM
Hello anime/manga fan rookies and Elite Otaku of all sub-categories(watch or read Genshiken),

I have a suggestion for the dance battlles. I suggest a tounament that starts Fiday and ends Sunday night with a leader board next to or above Stage Zero. The tournament champions should be on a Hall of fame and win some type of imported or officially liscensed prize at Stage Zero  :-)

Usually, the dance battles aren't that big of an event to stage something like that.

It would be nice, but we'd have to make sure that all the contestants will be at the convention for all days.

We'll try to find something that will be suitable for the dance battles.

We just want to make sure that the games we have for Stage Zero will be more than the four we usually went with for last year's show.

Stage Zero will do its best to make our games entertaining.

Mr. Wendell

Narutotaku

Hello Mr. Wendell,

l have a cool new suggestion for Stage Zero. I suggest adding Eye of Judgement to Stage Zero. It would problably attract spectators quick with a big projector screen or large LCD TV.  8)
"Time flys when your having fun"(unknown)
"Time blasts off like a NASA space shuttle when you cosplay at FanimeCon"(Narutotaku)
<"http://member.square-enix.com/na/"><"http://member.square-enix.com/na/data/signature/16916.gif">

BabySnowLeopard

Hello hello~
I sent an email about this, not sure if it went to the right place D:
My cosplay dance group, Angel Hearts, is interested in doing a performance or two for Stage Zero.
Specifically, we have two shows in mind, both of which are very flexible in length.  :D  Our first show idea is a ParaPara performance, the second would be a series of songs from a particular game.

I hope there is time to fit us in somewhere~ :D  Thanks~~~

~Kie (Baby Snow Leopard)

avalon

Hello everyone, thought it was about time for me to introduce myself. My name is Chris and I am the Video Director for Stage Zero (The one in charge of all the PV's, AMV's and other random crap that gets played). I decided that this year I would do something that I should have done the past few years and that is to ask everyone here what they want to see. So please, if you have any requests please let me know here. I don't want to clutter up the thread so just send me everything via PM, be it PV, AMV or other. I got a hold of a lot of Viral Videos from all over Asia that should go over pretty well.

[edit] And who would have thought, after I played several An Cafe PV's last year and saw how well they went over it appears as if they are showing up.. Hmm.
2003 - 2005, Dealers Liaison.
2006 - 2010, Stage Zero 2nd.

ChibiSerenaChan

i'm posting again because i love Mr. Wendell =D and and i have to represent stage zero! wheee!!!

ideas ideas... well i said all my ideas during staff meeting so HAH! it will be a SECRET!!! you'll wait till FANIMECON to see what you'll get!! AHAH! yay! =D

Hoping for a better Stage Zero this year!!

What cosplay's should i do this year? any ideas? what would YOU like to see XD jk
One of the Original

Stage Zero Hostess (the hyper one who makes random noises) since Fanime 2006 till I retire! XD when will that be >O_o< teehee >^.^< I hope you keep supporting US HOSTS!!!

Chun

What does one need to send/have ready to advertise a video for their panel, and what is the maximum length allowed?

~Chun

Su-Cool. There's Not Enough Of It.
Fanime Panelist (Pangya: 2007, 2008; Vocaloid: 2009, 2010)

Runewitt

how about while nothing is happening at stage zero, showing the Nice Boat?
Brevity is the soul of Wit.
Confusion is the soul of Runewitt.