Stage Zero at Fanime Con 2008

Started by Mr. Wendell, January 05, 2008, 07:59:42 PM

heeroyuy135

Roguethe

I liked the trivia game idea.
Those sound like fun, maybe different categories? It would be cool to see or attend in one about Japanese Mythology and stuff. Tanuki's Kappa's and Kitsunes among other things! XD

I draw sometimessss

Mr. Wendell

I'm not sure about the creation of a promotion for events at Fanime to be shown at Stage Zero, but we are working to have that possible.  Hopefully by the next meeting we will have more clarity for it.

We'll take into consideration the idea of showing Nice Boat, but that's something my staff will have to discuss, considering there are a few groups that need to be scheduled in, and the story behind Nice Boat is something we have to really talk about.

However, we can announce this:

Stage Zero will be the site for the Gothic Lolita Fashion Show, courtesy of Lolita Kisama!

Stay tuned for the date and time for this event!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wv3ha5qJSo
They hate this awful face, gonna cause **** in this place.

Mr. Wendell
Head '24, Host w/ the Most, Stage Zero, FanimeCon '06-'24
Life of the Party, (insert convention here)

lacus

hi, denwell
I just sent you a message regarding a very short stage zero performance of <nico nico douga>, which is a very popular fan-made music video originally from Japan. It is now spreading very fast on youtube just like last year's hare hare yukai dance. (Original Video: http://youtube.com/watch?v=fsdLNfT7-gc, Karaoke: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Wcm9gbsgmXo)

Hope there is still a time slot open =)

Mr. Wendell

Some of the games you might see on Stage Zero this year:

Anime Musical Chairs
Quick Draw
Dance Off
Jun Ken Pow
30 sec. Pick Up Artist
Recreate That Viral Video
Stage Zero Says
Ace Attorney/Debate
The Meme Game
Anata Wo Okaasan
5 Minute Korean Drama
Wii Sports
Rock Band

Hey, ladies and gentlemen!  Make sure you come to Stage Zero for Opening Ceremonies.  Opening Ceremonies will start off at 3 pm, with a few performances and a wonderful start to the big show!

Also stick around after Opening Ceremonies, because there will be a Wii Sports Challenge, which will involve some of our Guests of Honor!

Remember on Saturday, we will have a Live Sword Demonstration, as well as the Gothic Lolita Fashion Show!

Sunday, Stage Zero hosts the Charity Auction!

Your hosts for this year's Stage Zero are:

Mr. Wendell
Oniko
Seanie
Yuni

We have a lot of fun games to play, videos to show, prizes to give out, and much fun times for everyone!

Mr. Wendell

heeroyuy135

RyogaVee

~ "i.am"

heeroyuy135

I would like to thank Stage Zero for giving us a place to kick back, relax, and hang out 24/7!

AnimeEmperor

Best place to be at any time of day.

Mr. Wendell

I hope everyone had a good time at Stage Zero this year. 

We're looking for more feedback from you all, so we can continue to make Stage Zero better.

Mr. Wendell

otakuapprentice

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on May 28, 2008, 04:34:40 PM

We're looking for more feedback from you all, so we can continue to make Stage Zero better.
i know that this was the first year for Stage Zero doing late-night programming.....but just airing speedruns of video games really doesn't count, IMO.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

simax

Hi-

My friends and I want to do a skit/cosplay-dance thing for Fanime 2009, so we were thinking about participating in the masquerade. However, I just looked at last year's rules and it says that most of the costume must be hand-made by one of us, which is impossible for us because we've attempted making costumes before and let's just say we're... not the best seamstresses OTL At any rate, we're not confident enough in our sewing skills to make a costume so we will be purchasing them online which immediately disqualifies us from participating.

Would it be possible for us to do it at Stage Zero instead? :/ Or does Stage Zero only take professional performers and AMVs? Thanks.

mDuo13

Quote from: otakuapprentice on May 31, 2008, 02:23:14 PM

i know that this was the first year for Stage Zero doing late-night programming.....but just airing speedruns of video games really doesn't count, IMO.
I thought the speedruns were cool, but showing the same ones on multiple nights was a disappointment.

Mr. Wendell

Quote from: mDuo13 on August 21, 2008, 03:34:05 PM

I thought the speedruns were cool, but showing the same ones on multiple nights was a disappointment.
I think we'll see if we can do the speed runs again, and I agree that there should be more programming other than just those speed runs.  We are currently looking into more late night programming ideas, and hopefully we can build on the programming for Stage Zero @ Night.

-----------------------------------

As for performances on Stage Zero, we haven't made any scheduling plans, as we need to considering the times for our major events first, such as the Charity Auction, Guests of Honor appearances, et al.  I had made plans before to try to see if some dance performances could be done on Stage Zero, but we cannot make any confirmations at this time.  However, I will try to keep everyone posted to see what we can add to Stage Zero's programming for next year.

-----------------------------------

What I do know is that Stage Zero is continuing to strive to be better than last Fanime, and we are trying to see what we can expand on.

If you have any ideas, suggestions, or ideas that you'd like to see on Stage Zero for Fanime Con 2009, do let us know, and we'll see if we can make it happen.

Mr. Wendell

clawmaster

but i love the speed runs, but yea a little more stuff late at night would be nice. oh suggestion for one of the nights for a speed run though it would be very quick i think, portal ^^

check out our site, we cover all the latest news on both anime and video games and also we have a podcast http://missionstartpodcast.weebly.com/

Brainpowerd

Okay. So here's the deal on Stage Zero for '09. We're looking to expand the operation to a full 24/7 feature for the upcoming year. This means more coordination for content and showcases; this also means that we'll need more staff on all points (Stage personas, assistant producers, technicians, etc). The first official Fanime Staff meeting has occurred and our budget (how much money we get to start with) has been signed off. Now that we know where we stand, the discussions on what we're going to try is officially open.

That said, I will open this up by saying that the theme for this year's Fanime / Stage Zero is music -- not just J-Rock or J-Pop but all music. A lot of what I hope to have us try will be surrounding this theme and that will include the return of things like Musical Chairs, Quick Draw, and a few of the other game / contest-type events we've had in the past. We'll also be looking to try some new stuff as well and suggestions should be e-mailed to [email protected] with "Stage Zero" in the subject line. This will ensure that I look at it and respond in a reasonable amount of time.

It's my hope that this upcoming year will be even better than last (yeah, no pressure.... really...  :P ) and with more time to fill, it's going to be a challenge... :)

~ Rob (one of the "producer-guys" at Stage Zero)
- Assistant Director of Programming,
   FanimeCon '06

Hakaru_chan

for the stage zero operators.

i have experience with live feed video editing and if you want to do shoutouts and other small video shoots i can help with the video shooting as well as hooking up all the wires and stuff like that. i plan to come in as press this year with my equipment. i duno if it might keep me busy from other stuff since i have to video shoot for my own story stuff but after i get that out of the way, im more than willing to help out.

also if i do help do i have to attend staff meetings cause i live far from san jose and it would be hard for me to get there all the time. maybe like four times the most i can stop by lol
Backstage Personality for CWF - Cosplay Wrestling Federation
www.twitch.tv/cwfnetwork

sushicow

OMG, I love Stage Zero :D
If possible, I would like to work at Stage Zero as well ;D
Arroyo High School Anime Club Officer:
President '10?
VP of '09
Treasury '08
regular member '07

punk_parfait

I think I talked to Wendell and B.Sapphire about helping with Stage Zero at Yaoi-Con last year but I had to work when Oniko summoned me for the meeting. >_< Ah, well, someone shoot me a message if any help is needed. Looks like it's going to be really fun this year! ♥

Jelly Soup

Quote from: Mr. Wendell on August 30, 2008, 11:10:34 PM
Quote from: mDuo13 on August 21, 2008, 03:34:05 PM

I think we'll see if we can do the speed runs again, and I agree that there should be more programming other than just those speed runs.  We are currently looking into more late night programming ideas, and hopefully we can build on the programming for Stage Zero @ Night.

Honestly, I thought the speed runs were great. Running them on rotation might be a good solution to spreading the fun around and filling up the entire night.