Fanime Dating Dojo Discussion Thread

Started by Tur713, January 06, 2008, 09:37:32 PM

Tur713

Up and Running!

Original Premise:

I've  read topics of people wanting to set up speed dating and other similar ideas. There have been many questions asked about how we would regulate it and when and where we'd set it up. I propose this idea:

First, we set up the thread: For the sake of safety all posts must be from users 18 and up (or at least 18+ by the time Fanime starts). We'd need to regulate this among ourselves and the forum mods.

Second, we use a standard set up profile (which will be modeled later in this post) which will provide the poster's name (last name not required), age, interests, orientation, what type of person they're looking for, up to three pictures (one will be required) and other similar information some required while others optional.

Third, profiles will be the only posts allowed in the thread to keep from clogging it up and allow a more streamlined profile search. Conversations in between potential daters will be held via PMs; if conversation goes sour or worse, one need simply to block PMs from the other user. It is strongly recommended that personal information such as addresses, phone numbers, ect. not be exchanged during PM sessions. The appropriate meeting time for users using this service is meant to be set during Fanime.

Forth, these threads will require strict regulation. If a user's profile is false or purposefully misleading, their profile will be removed.

Any other rules or ideas? Something I may have missed or forgotten? I don't want to change it up too much from this general idea, but I would like everyone's help and insight on the concept. I figure we'll set the start date for the real deal on Friday, February 15 (day after Valentine's Day).

Further Thought

Well, now I've got the thread up. I gave plenty of warning so what do you guys think? Is there anything that I need to add? Thanks for helping and giving me your input.
Founder - Fanime Dating Dojo

deonchan

or theres

www.otakubooty.com

^_^
Calvin...

Rovers
Suits
Musicfest
Ops Div

Tur713

Quote from: deonchan on January 06, 2008, 11:27:00 PM
or theres

www.otakubooty.com

^_^
True. I didn't know about the site. This thread was simply a response to some others I've seen pop up around here. ;)

Jyunishinsho

I think I've tried doing something similar to this in the past, aka the Lonely Otaku Society. As far as I can remember from it though...it got locked when things seemed to appear. I'll update this when I find the link for it.

Tur713

Quote from: Jyunishinsho on January 08, 2008, 03:48:25 PM
I think I've tried doing something similar to this in the past, aka the Lonely Otaku Society. As far as I can remember from it though...it got locked when things seemed to appear. I'll update this when I find the link for it.
..."Things"? What sort of things?

DemonLordZabuza

Hmmm, hmmm...I like the idea.  kinda like a precon meeting people and such.  another suggestion I will add will be schooling, cosplays, relationship status.  yes I've come across the guys that play the game just to tell someone "that was fun, but Im going back to my gf"

"Even a demon can learn to love."
-Me

Tur713

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on January 11, 2008, 09:26:05 AM
Hmmm, hmmm...I like the idea.  kinda like a precon meeting people and such.  another suggestion I will add will be schooling, cosplays, relationship status.  yes I've come across the guys that play the game just to tell someone "that was fun, but Im going back to my gf"
Yeah, those are good additions to the list! :D Keep 'em coming guys. We'll see if we can pull this together. Also, I need to ask, are any of the people who run Fanime opposed to this idea?

rude32

Quote from: deonchan on January 06, 2008, 11:27:00 PM
or theres

www.otakubooty.com

^_^
Yeah, but you have to pay for otakubooty.
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

DemonLordZabuza

and here is free...well except for fanime admition.

more suggestions to inform people...I mean I ask people a lot of questions when trying to get to know a pretty girl :D

-Foods they like
-Foods they dont like
-eating style (vegan, vegitarian, meat lovers, etc)

This came to mind because I've had not had breakfast, plus there is a good amount of restaurants around Fanime for people could go and enjoy a nice meal and talk.  Just remember to shew and swallow before trying to talk.  Worst thing is getting a piece of meat that flew from your mouth onto a pretty girls gothic lolita dress or something...>.<.

-Me

Tur713

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on January 15, 2008, 08:40:28 AM
and here is free...well except for fanime admition.

more suggestions to inform people...I mean I ask people a lot of questions when trying to get to know a pretty girl :D

-Foods they like
-Foods they dont like
-eating style (vegan, vegitarian, meat lovers, etc)

This came to mind because I've had not had breakfast, plus there is a good amount of restaurants around Fanime for people could go and enjoy a nice meal and talk.  Just remember to shew and swallow before trying to talk.  Worst thing is getting a piece of meat that flew from your mouth onto a pretty girls gothic lolita dress or something...>.<.
Uh-huh! Good good! See? This is why I asked for help because you come up with ideas that never crossed my mind. This is shaping up nicely.

DemonLordZabuza

So in all truth what is needed for this:
-I guess people to participate is the most important
-profiles
-and then go from there?

Wow brain is dead and its only 2pm...need some rest :P

-Me

Tur713

Yup, that wraps it back to the original idea. I'll host the threads when the deadline comes. Now we'll sit and wait for more reply/ response to this thread to work out anything else that might need tending to. Everyone has 'till Feb. 15th to bring up any more suggestions or point out any flaws that need to be fixed.

DemonLordZabuza

Well the first problem that will come across, like any dating site, is lying.  People making themselves sound like someone they arent, and then showing an image that may not be them, be old of them, or something a long those lines.  Also lying if they are single just to get a quick fling for fanime

Another set of suggestions:
-Age group they will like to meet
-music
-sign (I know some people who are really into signs and stuff)
-dress attire.  (You would be surprise how many people would judge you by the way you dress...ok maybe not be surprise but yea)
-children, always good to know.

thats it for now :P

-Me

Tur713

Reported lying will first be dealt with in a warning to the user. They will be asked to update their profile. If it is not changed or there are still part that are incorrect, the user will be asked discretely via PM to delete their profile. If this is not followed through with then they will be reported to a mod and their name will be posted on the front page as banned from Fanime dating. "Lying doesn't change who you are. It's detrimental to all who are involved in this experience. Please fill this out honestly." I think I'll put that on the front page of the thread.

DemonLordZabuza

I had a horrible idea to suggest, but the more I thought about it the worse the scenarious came about.

Here is another semi good semi bad suggestion to add:
-Religion

Good because if you have similar beliefs it will work out.

Bad because if you don't and each are a strong believes in their faith...well we all know where that goes.

-sibilings, always interesting topic.  Trust me dating the baby sister out of a mostly boys family can turn out dangerous :-\

Now here is a question, are this profiles being made before or at fanime?  Because if before we need to advertise, if at...we need to advertise and get approval...I guess we need approval for both.

-life style.  Live at home with parents, roommates, dorm, doing the solo.

thats all I got for this tuesday morning

-Me

Tur713

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on January 22, 2008, 08:25:58 AM
I had a horrible idea to suggest, but the more I thought about it the worse the scenarious came about.

Here is another semi good semi bad suggestion to add:
-Religion

Good because if you have similar beliefs it will work out.

Bad because if you don't and each are a strong believes in their faith...well we all know where that goes.

-sibilings, always interesting topic.  Trust me dating the baby sister out of a mostly boys family can turn out dangerous :-\

Now here is a question, are this profiles being made before or at fanime?  Because if before we need to advertise, if at...we need to advertise and get approval...I guess we need approval for both.

-life style.  Live at home with parents, roommates, dorm, doing the solo.

thats all I got for this tuesday morning
I plan on having the profiles officially opening up February 15. So guess we've got 'til then to find if this can get approved or at least get, "While we can't officially approve this due to liability issues, we will allow members to set up their own meetings and gatherings. Fanime is for fans by fans."

Maybe we'll have seperate sections on the profile info: optional and non-optional information. I've got to set up a new version of the profile soon.

DemonLordZabuza

It saddens me that not a lot of people are into this...oh well it was a nice try :P

-Me

rude32

Quote from: DemonLordZabuza on January 25, 2008, 08:26:37 AM
It saddens me that not a lot of people are into this...oh well it was a nice try :P
We just need to put a little more effort into getting this thing rollin
A hero forever loyal to the flames of war now rests in Outer Heaven

RUDE: Rub Up Desperate Elephants- Thanks shy-cosplayer

Tur713

It's due to the fact that there aren't very many people on the forums until 1-2 months prior to Fanime. It'll kick up later, I'm sure.

FanFicGuru

Quote from: Tur713 on January 27, 2008, 10:36:38 AM
It's due to the fact that there aren't very many people on the forums until 1-2 months prior to Fanime. It'll kick up later, I'm sure.

That is true. Only the hardcore stay on the board year-round. ^_^
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015