Staff Meeting Dates, Times and Locations

Started by LadyKaren, January 07, 2008, 02:15:04 AM

LadyKaren

Hi all, there's been much confusing over the staff meetings so I figure I'd post it here since most of you don't read the news on the front page...

General staff meetings is a way for you to check out how fanime works and what you'll need to know as a staff. It's also a way to stay informed about everything involving fanime - from where the dealers will be located this year, to rovers new name. Even if you do not know where you want to staff for Fanime, please come! We encourage those that do not know which department they want to go in to to come. The department heads will normally bring up the need for staff in their department and if you're new and department-less, they will track you down and fight the other department heads for you. :P

General Staff Meetings start at 3 pm and are either on a Saturday or a Sunday - depending on the meeting. It is advised you  not come too early or too late since coming in during the meeting while people are talking draws attention away from what is suppose to be getting done. Be prepared you might have to sit on the floor or stand since most of the table space is usurped early. Bring your friends if they want to go with you or they want to staff too. It's a great place to meet new people and since it's early in the day, you can go out to dinner with them! :P

Each location is different so make sure you write down when the staff meeting is and where it is that day.

The next meeting will be:

Sunday 5/4/08 - Civic Auditorium (The Civic Auditorium is located directly across the street from the San Jose Convention Center)

Saturday 5/10/08 - Parkside Hall  - San Jose Convention Center - Meeting Room B - 2nd Floor

Thanks and hope to see you there!

AnimeEmperor

I might go, luckily my classes haven't started up again or i'd have trouble with it being a Thursday. It depends on who else is going I guess, and what's going to be discussed there.

Edit: I said none of that....

zemric

dude its on a sunday your thinking of jan 10th its febuary tenth
2007 attendee
2008 egaming
2009 stage zero
2010 pc gaming "head"

AnimeEmperor

My calendar isn't here yet, time and space are getting jumbled in my room.

Well if it's February 10th I doubt I can make it, oh well. I know people who are going, i'll make them tell me about it.

yamaneko

^^; I will make sure to go and bring my two fellow Rovers with meh (since I missed the last one T^T)
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)

ph1shf00d

Are there any future meetings planned for a Saturday?  I live in Sacramento, so Sunday meetings might be a bit of a stretch for me... ><

Krnchichiri

Quote from: ph1shf00d on January 21, 2008, 02:11:53 PM
Are there any future meetings planned for a Saturday?  I live in Sacramento, so Sunday meetings might be a bit of a stretch for me... ><
For the scheduled meetings up until April, they all seem to be on Sundays. Perhaps there will be one in May (it may be too late to join staff by then, though), but there might be future schedule changes.

However, if you cannot make it to a staff meeting, I'd suggest you e-mail whichever department you're interested in and ask if it is mandatory to attend staff meetings (SOME departments will require you to go to some, others will not so you will need to find out which ones). If you don't really know which department you want to go into, I'd just randomly pick a few that may appeal to you and ask.
(Just work it out with the head of whatever department you think you'd like to join...)
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

AnimeEmperor

I think I can make it to the meeting now. How odd, I was very certain I would be busy.

sunrise-oasis

can i still show up??? Im not a staff nor volunteer but there is a list of questions I want answers and emails are a bad habit to respond.!!!

shortpachoo

Anyone can show up.  You should go and you can talk to head of the department(s) you have questions for and find out which ones have an opening.

Fanime 2011 Staff: ??
Tech Minion: 2004-05, 2007-10
Video Programming: 2004-06
Staffer since: '04

AnimeEmperor

LadyKaren

AnimeEmperor

Is there any place we're supposed to park for using a meeting room? I just realized, I know where the hotel is but i've never had to park there.

Krnchichiri

^^;; I usually just park at the Convention Center's parking. Usually it's only a dollar or two since I don't stay for too long. Just enough to stay for the general meeting and say hi to a few people.
Elizabeth [Chiri]
Registration Staff, 2007
Registration Staff, 2008

I AM AWESOME! :D

ewu

Eric Wu
FanimeCon Chairman
FanimeCon Forums Moderator

ericATfanimeDOTcom

AnimeEmperor

ArynChris

*laughs* So I finally remember to check the Fanime site and register for this year, and I find out that the next staff meeting is tomorrow.  *laughs some more*  Guess I'll have to go to the next one--I have to go buy my car still (I'm getting my first car!  Yay!), and it's a little late to rent one for the weekend.  Ah, the joys of logistics...

AnimeEmperor

Darn if I had known I would have offered a ride.

wirewolf6

Darn, I wanted to go to this meeting, but I didn't know about it X_X ...this is what I get for going ghost on the boards XD

yamaneko

I was SIIICK~!! TT^TT *cries* So, now, four people's rides are gone. . . *ashamed of herself*
Stephie Z.
2007 - Video Programming staff
2008 - Allen Walker (D.Gray-man) / Panels staff

(list subject to change based on budget and time issues)