Sweeney Todd cosplayers

Started by Mrs. Lovett, January 08, 2008, 12:50:06 PM

Mrs. Lovett

i'm really into Sweeney Todd the musical (seen it 5 times)
and I'm cosplaying Mrs. Lovett and I registered with the site because I need help finding a real corset (i posted the help in the cosplay support section already)

any one else going to go as Mrs. Lovett or Sweeney Todd or any of the other characters from the movie?? :3
Have some shepherd's pie peppered
With actual shepherd on top!
Here's the politician, so oily
It's served with a doily,
Have one!
Try the Friar! Fried, its drier!
The Actor! Thats compactor!

Devi 1313

I'd love to go as Mrs. Lovett too, but I've already got a lot on my plate. I believe she wears mostly waist cinchers so you might want to look on ebay. Heavy Red has some nice looking ones for $75 too.
Fanime 2023:
Wario
Eda Clawthorne Season 1 & 2
Reagan Ridley

https://www.facebook.com/Devi1313

yamikuronue

oh my god, no way! that's awesome! I've got a blond wig, if I can lose enough weight to not look horrible maybe I'll do Johanna... what costume are you doing? The movie version, with the pretty goth outfits?

Moogleborg

A friend of mine might go as Sweeney Todd. Shes seen it twice and the next time I talk to her, i'll ask her if she still might cosplay as him. ^_^
Running on moé, 24/7/365.
Powered by Pokeshipping.
Enhanced by caffene.

*rei*

I'm so glad to see there will be other Sweeney Todd cosplayers at fanime! I'm cosplaying as Mrs. Lovett wearing the dress she wore to the market in the movie. My friend is going as Mr. T. I cant wait till my costume comes in! I couldnt make it cause of the time crunch :/  but it should still be great. we're planning on giving away meat pies too!
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

KamijoIsLove

Giving away meat pies? That is such an awesome idea! xD I love those.

...y'know, as long as they're not too authentic to the happenings in the movie or whatnot... >_> ;;

*rei*

Quote from: KamijoIsLove on April 21, 2008, 11:24:01 AM
Giving away meat pies? That is such an awesome idea! xD I love those.

...y'know, as long as they're not too authentic to the happenings in the movie or whatnot... >_> ;;

of course not! I'll try to make em look authentic but instead of priest... i use naruto! JK! ;)
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

Eri Kagami

I'd love to join, but would anyone recognize the Angela Lansbury version of Ms. Lovett? lol

The movie was great, but I'd like to see more ST cosplayers take on the original theatrical (Tony Award Winning!) costumes.

*rei*

Quote from: White Rose Assassin on April 24, 2008, 02:03:01 PM
I'd love to join, but would anyone recognize the Angela Lansbury version of Ms. Lovett? lol

The movie was great, but I'd like to see more ST cosplayers take on the original theatrical (Tony Award Winning!) costumes.

I would definetly recognize the Angela Lansbury version of Mrs. Lovett! I saw the entire theatrical play on youtube and was just blown away. Her Mrs. Lovett was deranged and outrageous! She was awesome!

I dunno about ST cosplayers taking on the original theatrical costumes because of lack its lack of popularity with the majority of new ST movie fans. But if they were really big fans of ST, then they would recognize Lansbury's Lovett!
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

xeroxwolf

Oh my!
Sweeney Todd is amazing!
I'm so going to be looking for you guys! :D

IneloquentFormalties

Oh jeeze. Depending on when this is I'd love to bring my Todd Cosplay. @@ If its not on saturday or sunday, I'm good. ^^
Tumblr::IneloquentFormalities
Facebook::EloquentArtistry

Lunapokema

I'll be going as the Depp version of Sweeney Todd. I'd love to meet up with you guys. As long as it isn't on Sunday, I have the Naruto Gathering then. I was also hoping someone would be coming as Mrs. Lovett, just so I could ask this: Would anyone cosplaying her feel like making a possible idiot out of themselves with me in the masquerade? I want so badly to sing "A Little Priest" but it would be just me up there, and would look rather silly. >< I can sing his part, so whether or not anyone says yes I'll be cosplaying him on Saturday when the Masquerade is, and might alternate between shirts. (One with blood/one without). ^^
Fanime 2013 Cosplay:
Jack Frost (RotG)
Monkey D. Luffy (OP){Series start;2YL;Film Z}
Princess Luna (MLP)

Yaoi Is My Anti-Drug
Anime: Crack is Cheaper... XD

MikoChika

This is awesome! I'll totally be looking for you all. it would be really cool if there was a way to set of a meet and be able to take group photos! it would be awesoem to get a picture with all the Lovetts holding out the meat pies and the Todds with their blades. ^_^
And Lunapokema I hope you'll be able to find a Lovett who'll go with you and perform! that would be so awesome.
Please, don't feed the moogle.

*rei*

I'm not sure when my Mr. T and I going to cosplay. I think we are aiming saturday evening. i wont be able to do it in the afternoon.

Mr. T and I have been practicing "A Little Priest", but we wont be singing it during the masquerade. I would love to sing with you Lunapokema but I'm too shy to actually sing it on stage infront of hundreds of people. Plus Im not very good at it.
Fanime 2010 Woo Hoo!

MikoChika

Quote from: *rei* on May 19, 2008, 12:25:46 AM
I'm not sure when my Mr. T and I going to cosplay. I think we are aiming saturday evening. i wont be able to do it in the afternoon.

Mr. T and I have been practicing "A Little Priest", but we wont be singing it during the masquerade. I would love to sing with you Lunapokema but I'm too shy to actually sing it on stage infront of hundreds of people. Plus Im not very good at it.

Gah! I tottaly wanna witness your performance of ' a little priest' ! Even if it won't be during the masquerade! it would be so much fun ^_^
Please, don't feed the moogle.