Would you recognize it if you saw it?

Started by AngelKawaii, January 08, 2008, 07:29:23 PM

AngelKawaii

I made this thread out of simple curiosity. I am going as someone from Shuffle...do you think anyone will recognize me or think I am just another school girl?

pockystix

Shuffle is licensed now, so maybe there are more fans? It's not THAT obscure...
New sn = Meirin

localuvr

It depends, but more likely than not, they won't recongnize you, probably. It really just depends
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Mister_E

I know what you mean, next year I might be Captian Yamato from Naruto. I just hope I won't be view as another Leaf Ninja.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

localuvr

of course you won't! the Shippuden has been out for months now! by now, they'll have to recognize you! I know I would!
I may be wearing the skirt on top, but underneath, I'm wearing the pants.

Mister_E

For a pose if anyone would want a photo is either a Wood-Jutsu pose or holding a flashlight under my face like when he looks at Naruto.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PyronIkari

Depends on which costume...

Say... if you did... the winter one, less people would recognize compared to the spring. And also which character, how you do you hair and crap for which character... unless... you're just... putting on a uniform, which isn't so much cosplaying a character, rather than just wearing the uniform.

Asa's hair is pretty reconizable, and if you're doing any of the demon's the ears will help a lot. Actually winter is pretty recognizable because of the hat.

Jun-Watarase

Shuffle is actually a really popular game and anime series, for years now. Most likely a good amount of people would recognize you. I cosplayed as Asa at last year's Fanime, and Kaede a few years before that at JTAF. At some minor cons, I'd just wear the uniform around and people would know it was from Shuffle!. Mine was the spring uniform.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

luckyends

yeah when i first got into it a couple fanime's ago i spazed when i saw one so i think people will recognize you i know this thread is mainly for that one but could i thow in another question

how many people would recognize captain kurro (cat claw guy) from onepiece he was at the begining of the series

sry for being invasive
Cosplay Fanime 09
White & Red Ninja- 100%
Tuxedo mask - Sailor moon - 100%
Ginji- GetBackers 100%
Captain Kuro - one piece 100%

AngelKawaii

Quote from: PyronIkari on January 11, 2008, 05:18:32 PM

Say... if you did... the winter one, less people would recognize compared to the spring. And also which character, how you do you hair and crap for which character... unless... you're just... putting on a uniform, which isn't so much cosplaying a character, rather than just wearing the uniform.

Asa's hair is pretty reconizable, and if you're doing any of the demon's the ears will help a lot. Actually winter is pretty recognizable because of the hat.
I fell for the hat, saw that outfit and was like OMG it's a must do!!! I'm going as Sia, long red hair...should be recognizable enough. ^_^ No ears though...I think..haven't decided yet.

Thanx for the replies everyone.

to luckyends: Hmm....I think they would.

Jun-Watarase

Quote from: luckyends on January 14, 2008, 05:25:11 AM
yeah when i first got into it a couple fanime's ago i spazed when i saw one so i think people will recognize you i know this thread is mainly for that one but could i thow in another question

how many people would recognize captain kurro (cat claw guy) from onepiece he was at the begining of the series

sry for being invasive

A lot of people tend to recognize, even minor characters, in popular localized series. Like Yura from Inuyasha, Psiren from Fullmetal Alchemist, whatever.

Quote from: AngelKawaii on January 15, 2008, 05:50:11 PM

I fell for the hat, saw that outfit and was like OMG it's a must do!!! I'm going as Sia, long red hair...should be recognizable enough. ^_^ No ears though...I think..haven't decided yet.

Nerine and Kareha wear their hats, too. I've already seen dozens of Sia (my least favorite character, even) cosplays; I've seen all of the characters cosplayed (even Yuko), but I've yet to see a good Ama-san cosplay. IIRC, Ama-san wore the uniform in some images. I haven't played Really? Really! to know if she wears it in the game. I think I've seen a Sakura cosplay somewhere, too.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

AngelKawaii

Quote from: Jun-Watarase on January 16, 2008, 03:02:51 AM
Quote from: luckyends on January 14, 2008, 05:25:11 AM

sry for being invasive

A lot of people tend to recognize, even minor characters, in popular localized series. Like Yura from Inuyasha, Psiren from Fullmetal Alchemist, whatever.

Quote from: AngelKawaii on January 15, 2008, 05:50:11 PM

Nerine and Kareha wear their hats, too. I've already seen dozens of Sia (my least favorite character, even) cosplays; I've seen all of the characters cosplayed (even Yuko), but I've yet to see a good Ama-san cosplay. IIRC, Ama-san wore the uniform in some images. I haven't played Really? Really! to know if she wears it in the game. I think I've seen a Sakura cosplay somewhere, too.
Awww...she's my favorite though..probably because all of her outfits are adorable. Thanx for the input. ^_^