In lieu of no group registration...

Started by FanFicGuru, January 09, 2008, 05:20:20 PM

FanFicGuru

So...no more group registration. Right? That kinda sucks but whatever, not going to fuss about it. My main dilemma is the following:

I brought my sisters to fanime last year and I'm doing the same this year. They are 18, 16 (and she brings a friend her age) and 13 and the oldest will be 19 when Fanime 2008 gets here. Now, I typically did a group registration and then picked up everyone's badges on thursday night along with my own. However, since Group reg seems to have received the axe...do I have to register them all separately? Can I act as their guardian, being 22 years old and related by blood to almost all of them (besides my 16 year old sister's friend)? Or will my mom have to come to get their badges...as well as the friend's mom?

I really hope it's the first option. I would hate for it to become so complicated. I would think that eliminating group registration would actually cause more headaches than keeping it around, but I don't work with registration so I may be COMPLETELY ignorant to the hell that is group registration.

If this is the case, please...enlighten me. Also, tell me what I'm supposed to do because I'd like to figure it out ASAP.

Thanks a ton.

-FFG
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Erin

Hi FFG,

You will have to register them separately, but there are two things you should know:

1) Regardless of registering them separately each will need some sort of government-issued photo ID to pick up their badges anyway, be it passport, state-issued ID, or something to that effect.

2) You can still pay for everyone together through Paypal or snail mail (money order/check).  If you do the latter be sure to write their badge numbers on the document so that we know which accounts to mark paid.

As for group registrations this has definitely caused more problems than it has solved.  While we understand that it is also an inconvenience for our members, please bear with us as we are trying to change other things with registration that will make badge pickup faster and more efficient.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask =)
Erin
Fan Services Co-Second

FanFicGuru

Quote from: vhg on January 09, 2008, 07:05:34 PM
Hi FFG,

You will have to register them separately, but there are two things you should know:

1) Regardless of registering them separately each will need some sort of government-issued photo ID to pick up their badges anyway, be it passport, state-issued ID, or something to that effect.

2) You can still pay for everyone together through Paypal or snail mail (money order/check).  If you do the latter be sure to write their badge numbers on the document so that we know which accounts to mark paid.

As for group registrations this has definitely caused more problems than it has solved.  While we understand that it is also an inconvenience for our members, please bear with us as we are trying to change other things with registration that will make badge pickup faster and more efficient.

If you have any more questions don't hesitate to ask =)

I can understand government issued ID for 16 year olds...but 13? Do you guys really want her to get a state ID? It seems a bit excessive...not to mention incredibly odd.
Fanime attendee since 2004
Swap meet staff - 2014
Swap meet co-chair - 2015

Erin

Alright, I called up our head of reg and the official word is this:

Since the CA ID *is* a bit excessive your mom will have to come in and vouch for her.  Now, even though you are these girls' big brother you are NOT their legal guardian; a legal guardian is one who is written as the guardian of a person who is incapable of taking care of his or herself (most legal guardians fill out paperwork to become the guardian or "parent" of a person).

I hope that this solution won't impose too much on your mom =) if it conflicts with you somehow we will try and come up with another one, and if this policy changes we'll let you know.
Erin
Fan Services Co-Second

Sen

As stated in the badge ID thread:
The primary reasoning behind our policy is our liability concerning minors at the convention without supervision. If any major incident occurs it may adversely affect our relationship with the convention center and also expose FanimeCon to legal recourse.

We are taking in to consideration your suggestions and we welcome them by forum post, PM, or e-mail at [email protected]

In the mean time, we are looking into the feasibility of a parent or guardian vouching for a minor. When a decision is reached we will post it on this thread.

Claudia

Chair Radio '15
Fan Services Division メンバーサービス共同本部長
   Member '15
   Director '10-'13
   Assistant Director '08-'09
Registration Staff '05-'07