Guess..what ANTIC CAFE (AN CAFE) coming to fanime 08!

Started by darkknightcecil, January 13, 2008, 06:30:07 PM

Mister_E

What defensive measures do you take again people who full on break the rules like there are threats and whatnot and someone could get hurt. Are we seeing stuff like Mace or what?

Just wondering.
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

kaiora

Quote from: Tony on April 30, 2008, 09:01:26 PM
Actually, I just mentioned this to someone else - there's another event (Fanime Music Videos) - in the venue that day, so lining up in the morning probably wouldn't work. Rovers/Safety staff would probably ask you to come back later, when that was all done, in the afternoon.
Okay okay, thankies. Ive been wondering this for a while so its good to know.
Caffeko <3 ~

Tony

Quote from: Mister_E on April 30, 2008, 09:05:58 PM
What defensive measures do you take again people who full on break the rules like there are threats and whatnot and someone could get hurt. Are we seeing stuff like Mace or what?

Just wondering.
... wh... what?

Uh, I can't speak for the con, but I think that generally we escalate stuff up to the onsite police officers. Which is like clubs and bullets, at worst.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Mister_E

Quote from: Tony on May 01, 2008, 02:58:40 PM
Quote from: Mister_E on April 30, 2008, 09:05:58 PM
What defensive measures do you take against people who full on break the rules like there are threats and whatnot and someone could get hurt. Are we seeing stuff like Mace or what?

Just wondering.
... wh... what?

Uh, I can't speak for the con, but I think that generally we escalate stuff up to the onsite police officers. Which is like clubs and bullets, at worst.
Okat got it
A.K.A. "Mr. Zeon Flag" Laughing Man MK. VI: with Power Ranger Gloves, Mustache and Zeon Flag in hand is 100%

PK

Is An Cafe going to be doing anything on monday?

OMG i'm such a noob ;.;

My flight leaves in the morning on monday so i didn't know if they was anything going on monday...

if so i might change my flight time

XD

Tony

They'll probably be holding a Q&A and Autograph session.
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

PK

yes, yes..so i either miss my flight and spend the rest of the week hitching a ride back to Texas

or not go

;.;

and there will be only one Autograph session?

At the A-kon convention they had two
(One on saturday and one on sunday)
Since there were a whole lot of people in line

XD

What IF they could do one on Sunday and then one on Monday

hrm

>>

milan

Tony

Err, the schedule isn't finalized yet... most likely, it will only be on Monday...
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

milan

Quote from: Tony on May 02, 2008, 11:25:13 PM
Err, the schedule isn't finalized yet... most likely, it will only be on Monday...

Darn D: Well, hopefully it'll be on Sunday, too *crosses fingers*

IshokuOsero

Oh man, I was really hoping that the Sunday signing would be a definite, since my plane needs to leave on Monday morning also. I wasn't able to change it so I could be there Monday too, and I have to go back to work Tuesday, so there's no staying overnight for me.
Pleasepleaseplease work it out so they do a signing on Sunday. Dx

kaiora

seems like doing so many big things on Monday isnt good. Alot of people are leaving that day >.< I hope its Sunday to, or atleast Monday morning becuase my planes like alot leaves monday, but in the Afternoon
Caffeko <3 ~

eroguro

I just hope you all finalize things soon so I have a general idea x.x It's making me nervous not knowing how the line for the live is going to be done and still not knowing details on the meet the guests thing and it is cutting it pretty close afterall x.x

I leave in like two weeks exactly for it since I'm going to a friends house for a few days before, so I really hope it's all finalized before I leave x_x Stressing me out xD

jemz

As of right now, I can confirm that there will be a Meet the Guest session on Sunday and an Autograph Session on Monday.

Tony will update soon with all the schedule and details on the website.

Thanks for being patient with us as we try to work out the details.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Mister_E

Quote from: jemz on May 05, 2008, 10:31:19 AM
As of right now, I can confirm that there will be a Meet the Guest session on Sunday and an Autograph Session on Monday.

Is there still and Autograph session on Sunday?

kaiora

Quote from: jemz on May 05, 2008, 10:31:19 AM

ahh thankies.
Hmm meet the quests on Sunday...Interesting >.< that cuts into my waiting time for the concert xD well I guess it depends what time it is since we arent allowed to line up for thye concert till later in the day anyway.
Caffeko <3 ~

phen

Quote from: eroguro on May 05, 2008, 07:18:04 AM
I just hope you all finalize things soon so I have a general idea x.x It's making me nervous not knowing how the line for the live is going to be done and still not knowing details on the meet the guests thing and it is cutting it pretty close afterall x.x

I leave in like two weeks exactly for it since I'm going to a friends house for a few days before, so I really hope it's all finalized before I leave x_x Stressing me out xD

I've been lurking here for quite a while [~a month?] and finally decided to register for the forums, because YES, I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT.
Fanime is only 2 and a half weeks away, people are flying in from across the country.
I understand this is really stressful for you guys and you're trying hard, but many of us need to get our itineraries figured out.

Honestly, a friend of mine called this whole thing a little unprofessional. She's only putting up with it because of me, and I only am because An Cafe is my favourite band.

So please persevere, try your hardest, and let us know asap!

Tony

Sorry ^^; These things are very complicated, and we've been waiting for some time now...

We should have everything out tomorrow.
Retired.
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Father, 2014

IshokuOsero

Quote from: phen on May 06, 2008, 05:21:32 PM
Quote from: eroguro on May 05, 2008, 07:18:04 AM

I've been lurking here for quite a while [~a month?] and finally decided to register for the forums, because YES, I AGREE WITH THIS STATEMENT.
Fanime is only 2 and a half weeks away, people are flying in from across the country.
I understand this is really stressful for you guys and you're trying hard, but many of us need to get our itineraries figured out.

Honestly, a friend of mine called this whole thing a little unprofessional. She's only putting up with it because of me, and I only am because An Cafe is my favourite band.

So please persevere, try your hardest, and let us know asap!

I really have to agree.
I chose not to go to ACen this year, and instead to attend Fanime with my best friend, just because of An Cafe. It's bad enough we had to schedule flights and work around the entire thing to begin with, and we had to have everything prepared months in advance because of all of that. And to hear that a lot of the stuff has been scheduled on Monday... as of only the past month, if that, it's just pretty stressful. I've spent a lot of money on a hotel room AND plane fees, all because of An Cafe... and now I may not even be able to do some of the events, because it wasn't planned out early enough ahead of time? And with Fanime in 15 days (or at least, that's when my plane leaves, and some things open that evening), this just seems ridiculous.

cateyedprincess

Fanime 2011 Costume List:

Masked Fighter/Genkai (Yu Yu Hakusho)
Temari (Naruto)
Tohru Honda (Fruits Basket)
Nana Osaki (NANA)
(possible)
Rhyme Bito (TWEWY)
Reira Serizawa (NANA)