Guess..what ANTIC CAFE (AN CAFE) coming to fanime 08!

Started by darkknightcecil, January 13, 2008, 06:30:07 PM

otakuapprentice

i forgot that The Underneath are also gonna be on Taste of Chaos, as well.
Time And Relative Dimension In Space.

Spiritsnare

What I don't believe is "we cannot confirm or deny the information".

Would it be too hard to tell them to not post/leak the info before you could confirm/deny said information?
epic progressive

vox

gackt_2003

well maybe an cafe posted it on their site because it's scheduled and planned to happen.
but at the same time, fanime doesn't want to say yes or no completely because something can always go wrong and it can all fall through.
ax06, moi dix mois was going to have a concert, heck he even advertised it on one of his spreads in a magazine. but something went wrong and it was cancelled at the last minute.
so maybe when it gets closer or when things are fully worked out they'll announce it officially =]

Acid_Android

Quote from: Spiritsnare on January 17, 2008, 08:18:38 AM
What I don't believe is "we cannot confirm or deny the information".

Would it be too hard to tell them to not post/leak the info before you could confirm/deny said information?

Things happen everyday that aren't always anticipated, and what's been done has been done.  :-[

There's a reason why we can't officially say anymore than what we've already said on the forums, so please be patient. m(_ _)m We're working incredibly hard behind the scenes; we just can't get into specifics about it.

Quote from: gackt_2003 on January 17, 2008, 09:37:11 AM
well maybe an cafe posted it on their site because it's scheduled and planned to happen.
but at the same time, fanime doesn't want to say yes or no completely because something can always go wrong and it can all fall through.
ax06, moi dix mois was going to have a concert, heck he even advertised it on one of his spreads in a magazine. but something went wrong and it was cancelled at the last minute.
so maybe when it gets closer or when things are fully worked out they'll announce it officially =]

It's not really us not wanting to say something, it's more like we CAN'T say anything just yet. MusicFest staff is working hard yo! Trust in us (><;;;   )
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

kaiora

Well I trust the staff and I bet you are going to make it amazing.
None the less I buy tickets and hoping an cafe will be there.
Expecially after their radio show today
*cough*
there was talk about fanime and the music fest. XD.
Anyway I know you cant confirm or deny but yes. Im still excited.
Caffeko <3 ~

eroguro

I don't think An Cafe announced it to be rude or anything, or to purposely go against the Fanime staff ^^ They just don't really understand that it's different then usual tour dates. They were confused about what it meant to be a headlining act when they were on the radio yesterday, until someone explained it to them xD They're a japanese band, they're not doing anything to be rude, there is just a language barrier.

All the anime fans that don't really know who An Cafe is will be happy to know that the bassist, Kanon, is a huge anime fan. He had a lot of fun at Akon spending time with American anime fans and he said on the radio that he's excited about all the Anime parts of the con this time too!

An Cafe is my favorite band, so I'm super excited xD But I'll just wait and let Fanime officially announce it (which I hope will be soon! I'm sure you're just working out a few minor details :D I don't think An Cafe knows it hasn't been announced yet even xD)

PickleBunny

Quote from: eroguro on January 17, 2008, 06:13:09 PM
I don't think An Cafe announced it to be rude or anything

We don't think they're the ones being rude at all :3  It just sucks that some people are saying things that imply that we're not doing all we can do :\  We're trying really hard, we promise! 
MusicFest Staff 2005
MusicFest Second 2006-2011

eroguro

^ ah I hope you didn't take that the wrong way!! I was just trying to defend everyone xD I'm very glad fanime is working so hard for this ^^

PickleBunny

Quote from: eroguro on January 18, 2008, 08:12:39 AM
^ ah I hope you didn't take that the wrong way!! I was just trying to defend everyone xD I'm very glad fanime is working so hard for this ^^

Not at all!  I was just worried that there was misinterpretation on what I said, lol. 
MusicFest Staff 2005

IshokuOsero

Ahhh with all this "can't confirm or deny" it makes me nervous! Dx
But I understand you can't say more than you're allowed to.
But at the same time I wanna bop an cafe over their heads cause if they don't come... well they're the reason my friend and I are going out there this year. We have ACen near home, but seeing it on their site the other night that they'd be at Fanime completely riled us up and we hurried and got everything set up already.
We've been so excited already and it's only mid-Jan.

Please I hope you can announce it soon! I'm dying here. Dx

kat-hime

ANTIC CAFE.
COULD BE.
COMING.
TO FANIME?!

-dies out of joy and happiness and joy x394891891-

DN6412

I have a two relating questions about ticketing:

IF AnCafe did come to perform at Fanime, would I have to buy a ticket to see their concert or is my badge just fine?

Or could I just buy a ticket to see their concert and not have to buy a badge at all. [I might not get to stay at the con ):]

Tony

MusicFest is a part of Fanime, so you just need to register and get a badge... there's no separate ticket. http://www.fanime.com/registration/
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Yukari Kaiba

if An Cafe is really coming to Fanime this year, it would be most awesome. they're one of my favorite bands, and i told myself if they ever came to tour the US i would totally go to one of their shows.

turns out theres a chance they'll play at Fanime, so it totally works out for me XD
FANIME '14 COSPLAY
-Gundam Tanaka (Super Dangan Ronpa 2)
-Tetra (Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker)
-Levi (Attack On Titan)
-Wanderer (Journey)

nanshi

Quote from: Tony on January 20, 2008, 09:21:41 PM
MusicFest is a part of Fanime, so you just need to register and get a badge... there's no separate ticket. http://www.fanime.com/registration/

Another "If An Cafe comes to fanime"

Will it be a first come first serve event? And for ppl who can't stay for the whole expo, will there be 1 day passes available online soon or is it only going to be available at the door?
Nyappy in the World!

PickleBunny

If you don't want to register for a full weekend, you can register for one day attendance, for Fanime, on the day of the concert, that will be able to get you into Musicfest's concert.  These passes are not available online but in person at the reg booth. 

In terms of seating, in the past, it has been first come first serve, but not in terms of when you get your registration, it depended on how long before the show one was willing to line up. 
MusicFest Staff 2005

Tony

It's generally first-come-first-serve, but if there is high demand, we may put in other measures (like pre-registered members get in first, hold a raffle, etc.)

One-day memberships will only be available at the door, which could be up to a three hour wait...  :-\
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

iheartjrock

Where are the concerts usually held? *sorry i'm such a noob*

Acid_Android

Quote from: iheartjrock on January 22, 2008, 03:04:14 PM
Where are the concerts usually held? *sorry i'm such a noob*

Last year, MusicFest was held in the convention center, but usually it's at the Civic Auditorium which is right across the street from the convention center:
http://sanjose.org/meetings/facilities/civic_aud.php

It's like an actual concert venue (^__^;  )
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

iheartjrock

Quote from: Acid_Android on January 22, 2008, 03:13:27 PM

Last year, MusicFest was held in the convention center, but usually it's at the Civic Auditorium which is right across the street from the convention center:
http://sanjose.org/meetings/facilities/civic_aud.php

It's like an actual concert venue (^__^;  )

Thank you. ^_^