Guess..what ANTIC CAFE (AN CAFE) coming to fanime 08!

Started by darkknightcecil, January 13, 2008, 06:30:07 PM

phen

Hate to sound like a broken record, agreeing with eroguro once more.

Many of us don't care about the anime portion of the convention, and we've spent a lot of money to make it to Fanime, just for An Cafe. Many of us are leaving very soon and do need to hear a little bit of news to alleviate some of the anxiety.

True, whining about it isn't going to do anything.
Most of us aren't.
We just want a little bit of info so we're not left completely in the dark.

egosandlies

Quote from: eroguro on May 08, 2008, 03:25:38 PM
Seriously, not in the mood for that crap. Seeing as how I paid almost $1000 just to see my favorite band and couldn't care less about the rest of the convention, I will continue to state my opinion in the thread as I see fit.

Yeah, I did the same thing and spent about the same amount with MUCC at Otakon. Where there were tickets and you had to rush up to the booth to get them. Did everyone who wanted to see the band get to see them? No. But that is not the fault of the con, that is the fault of the fan for not getting there early enough to ensure that they get a ticket. In fact, I almost missed out and was going to be super bummed about it (even though I managed to get a ticket from someone else). So if you miss out because you aren't getting to the con till Sunday? Your own fault, chica.

lunar_feline

Quote from: eroguro on May 08, 2008, 03:25:38 PM
Quote from: lunar_feline on May 08, 2008, 10:20:45 AM
You all really need to chill. This isn't JRock Rev or some other live venue (omg really? NO WAY!); this is an anime convention. Anime convention. Okay? Things are done a little differently. And contrary to your belief and that of your pals, MusicFest staff knows what they're doing. This isn't the first concert they've ever held, ya know. The biggest, to be sure, but not the first.
Maybe you should just zip it and wait for ALL the details to be released before you start whining and complaining about everything. How can you even find it logical to whine about how things are going to be done when you don't even know for sure how they're going to be done? Just because you're breathing down their necks doesn't mean you're going to get any special treatment and it doesn't mean they're going to change what they've been planning to do just because omg you don't like it. Oh, and being almighty mod-sama of the AnCafe comm doesn't mean jack either. It's a power trip and nothing more. You're no better or different than anybody else; you're not special. You'll be subject to the same rules and restrictions and timelines for whatever MusicFest decides on concerning the AnCafe live and other events. Which they haven't released yet and aren't going to until they're good and ready. So leave them alone.
Geez...

And you assume that I have never been to an anime convention and that I don't know how it works. I'm well aware of the fact that it's handled differently and have seen other bands at anime conventions as well (that GASP I traveled to just for the band since believe it or not some people don't really like anime ^^) Also, I think it's hilarious that you think me maintaining the an cafe community is any sort of power trip or anything, I just wanted to make sure that the people there know what is going on since I care about what happens with other Cafekko and it's rude to quote someone if they don't want to be, that's the only reason it was mentioned. If you even look over there, you see their we're people very grateful for it because they had no idea any changes were happening and now they have the chance to change their plans if need be. When if this was announced officially a week before Fanime, they may not have.

And your opinion really wasn't necessary since you obviously don't care anyway (or wait you do, you had to jump in their with pointless comments because you have nothing better to do) Obviously, just like how you can state your opinion, I can state mine, because I'm sure the MusicFest staff loves to hear your bitching and worthless opinion so much, it helps a lot ^^

Seriously, not in the mood for that crap. Seeing as how I paid almost $1000 just to see my favorite band and couldn't care less about the rest of the convention, I will continue to state my opinion in the thread as I see fit.

And thank you DN6412 for stating your opinion in an intelligent way xD I'm leaving for Fanime on the 19th however and may not have a lot of time for internet access just to check on what's going on before that, so that's why I would like the information asap, though I know saying that doesn't rush anything and I'm sure Jemz and all the other MusicFest staff are stressing out and working as hard as they can and I sincerly appreciate that.

And you assume I'm just an anime fan (not, btw), not an AnCafe fan, and don't know anything about you. All you care about other Cafekko is that they think you're the hottest shit on the planet. You are one of the most condescending, fangirl-in-denial, stuck up people I have ever come across. btw, newsflash: giving Miku a stuffed duck does not equal having a "moment" with him. How delusional can you be? He forgot you halfway to the elevator. You think you're oh so special and ooooh you're traveling all the way from Texas to see AnCafe. Have you thought for a minute that there are probably a ton of Cafekko traveling from JAPAN to see them? So coming from Texas or Colorado or Pennsylvania is nothin'. Don't be so selfish.

And all giving out semi-details in the AnCafe community did was confuse people and make them think they don't stand a chance of getting in to the live. Though, I must say, for the people that are waiting until Sunday to come, good luck. If you don't get a ticket, it's not Fanime's fault, it's yours for not getting there sooner. When MUCC played Otakon, there were plenty of people who came specifically to see MUCC that didn't get tickets either day because they get didn't there in time. Their fault. Not Otakon's. Same deal here.

And I love how your opinion is gold, but mine is worthless. What a lovely person you are. So tolerant and willing to see more than YOUR side of something; so willing to see that not everyone is going to kiss your ass and accept that maybe you're not as great as you think you are. You know what else I love? The fact that you flat out state you don't care about the convention; something that a lot of people work really hard to put together. I'm sure the staff loves to hear that. I bet you don't give a crap about the other bands that will be playing either. Fine then. More THEE OUT MODS for me.

And way to try to turn things around and act like you've not been hassling the staff for information. Gonna play the patient, caring, understanding, sweet little fan now that you've been called out, huh? Oooh you're slick.

And to DN6412: Yes I could have been nicer, but I despise pushy fangirls and, honestly, Miss eruguro and phen over there and their fangirl (and boy) pals irritate the ever-lovin' crap outta me. So, yes, I could have been nicer. But I wasn't.

phen

You assume too much.
It's not everyone's fault if they can't get there until Sunday. People have school and work to attend to. I'm lucky I don't.

Just because we're not interested in the anime portion doesn't mean we don't appreciate the work everyone's put into this. Never once have we said we're not thankful for anything anyone's done.

Just as you said this isn't JRR, this isn't Otakon, either. It's Fanime, it doesn't matter if they're both conventions or not, it's a different group of people, a different band, a different part of the United States. You can't compare them, because frankly, they just aren't the same.

And what is your part in this?
I'm curious, what exactly are you in the forums for, or coming to the convention for? You just seem to want to stir up trouble.

lunar_feline

Quote from: phen on May 08, 2008, 05:18:29 PM
You assume too much.
It's not everyone's fault if they can't get there until Sunday. People have school and work to attend to. I'm lucky I don't.

Just because we're not interested in the anime portion doesn't mean we don't appreciate the work everyone's put into this. Never once have we said we're not thankful for anything anyone's done.

Just as you said this isn't JRR, this isn't Otakon, either. It's Fanime, it doesn't matter if they're both conventions or not, it's a different group of people, a different band, a different part of the United States. You can't compare them, because frankly, they just aren't the same.

And what is your part in this?
I'm curious, what exactly are you in the forums for, or coming to the convention for? You just seem to want to stir up trouble.

If it wasn't obvious from my last comment, I'll spell it out: I'm attending to see AnCafe. I'm also going to see friends I don't get to see often and to see THEE OUT MODS. I'm here because I'm sick of seeing everyone bitch and whine and moan and demand information that doesn't even exist yet. If any of you REALLY knew anything about how con staff does things, you'd be patient and shut up already. And did anyone think for maybe a minute that the reason things aren't settled and decided yet is because of the band and their management and not because of the con? Do you have any idea what goes into putting stuff like this together? All the last minute changes and finalizations? Do you people think at all? You're all acting like a bunch of spoiled brats and I'm sure it's not helping the stress levels of the people working hard to make sure you ungrateful brats have a good time.

As per Otakon vs Fanime: Yes, they are different conventions on two different coasts. However, it seems that Fanime is doing the ticket thing similar to Otakon. A thousand pardons for pointing that out.

phen

You're entitled to you opinion, but don't go around calling us [me] ungrateful just because we appreciate information.
I and others have thanked them already, time and time again, through email and on the forums.

Frankly, you just seem like a butthurt fan with nothing better to do with their time than hassle other Cafekko who happen to be on a tight schedule and a little stressed themselves.

And if it isn't clear yet, to those working hard on this:
THANK YOU A MILLION TIMES OVER.

lunar_feline

And what exactly would I be butthurt over? That makes no sense whatsoever. Forgive me if it's such a horrible thing to be sick of people harassing the MusicFest staff instead of just being patient and waiting for them to release the information. Like I said in my original comment, bugging them about it isn't going to get you the information any sooner if they simply don't have it. And thanking them just because someone called you on your annoying behavior doesn't make them any less stressed over it.

phen

You seem to have some sort of grudge over eroguro, judging by the way you talk about her.

No where have I harassed the staff. No where have I "bugged" them.

And I already have thanked them, I'm just making it clear because you seem to have missed that :D

Like I said, you just seem to want to stir up trouble, and this little drama you're ensuing is spamming up a thread that could provide useful information for Cafekko, so I'm done trying to reason with your hardheadedness.

royalism

Fact of the matter is, people are still going to want all of the information NOW, whether you try to step in and be the fanime staff hero or not.

People are going to be selfish whether the staff is stressed and working their asses off, or not.

People are spending a shitload to come see this band and won't give two shits about anything else going on in the convention.  They're not going to care about you, the staff, any of the other attendees, only themselves.

That's something you have to deal with when it comes to these types of events. 

lunar_feline

Quote from: royalism on May 08, 2008, 05:39:53 PM
Fact of the matter is, people are still going to want all of the information NOW, whether you try to step in and be the fanime staff hero or not.

People are going to be selfish whether the staff is stressed and working their asses off, or not.

People are spending a shitload to come see this band and won't give two shits about anything else going on in the convention.  They're not going to care about you, the staff, any of the other attendees, only themselves.

That's something you have to deal with when it comes to these types of events. 

I know that. And normally I keep my mouth shut, but it's just come to a point where I'm sick to death of it. I'm sick of the selfishness and ego and lack of common sense. It's not as if I don't want the information, too, and it's not as if I'm not stressed over a number of things or not paying a lot of money to attend myself, you know? I've been dealing with situations like this for years, but honestly I've not seen it get as irritating as it is with AnCafe fans. The vast majority of them make me ashamed to call myself a fan as well. But that's neither here nor there.

I must say thank you for understanding what I was attempting (and apparently failing) to get across. I think perhaps now that I've got it out of my system I can fade back into the background where I tend to stay and just ignore their childishness again. It just gets to where you need to say something or you'll explode. Now that I have, I feel slightly better, if not still peeved.

lunar_feline

Quote from: phen on May 08, 2008, 05:38:39 PM
You seem to have some sort of grudge over eroguro, judging by the way you talk about her.

No where have I harassed the staff. No where have I "bugged" them.

And I already have thanked them, I'm just making it clear because you seem to have missed that :D

Like I said, you just seem to want to stir up trouble, and this little drama you're ensuing is spamming up a thread that could provide useful information for Cafekko, so I'm done trying to reason with your hardheadedness.

I have something against anyone that has way more ego than they should and thinks far more highly of themselves than they deserve. And that's all I will say on that.

By the way, congratulations on completely missing the point and calling ME hardheaded. 'Cause, yeah, I'm the one that needs to get something through their thick skulls.  ::)

Acid_Android

(~_~;;  )

Hey, guys...please, we're all Caffeko here, so let's be civil with each other.

I would like to point out again, that yes, we would desperately like to give you guys a ton of information to ease your minds, but the truth is, we don't want to come across as unprofessional and announce specific things on our end without the approval of everyone involved.

It was stated earlier about how the lack of information seemed unprofessional on our end, BUT I think that announcing something without complete approval is even more unprofessional. We had to pick the lesser of two evils, and by doing so, it may have come across as us not knowing what we're doing, but believe me, we're definitely working hard to make sure this show goes as smoothly as possible. It just sucks that we can't talk about it, other than what's already been said by Tony and jemz.

As a fan, I know how it feels to not have information when you want it, especially in terms of ticketing, but we're doing our damned best to expedite everything as fast and as accurately as we can, even if we can't say much about it just yet. m(_ _)m We are keeping all your worries in mind!!!

Anyway, these personal attacks on each other have got to stop. An event like An Cafe's first US concert should bring all Caffeko together.... (;____;   )

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Jun-Watarase

Augh. Jrock fangirl drama, here we go.

Fanime is a private organization. People have the right to inquire and be concerned in terms of what's being planned, especially large events. Not everyone that goes to Anime conventions actually care about anime, because there's more than anime-related things being provided. There are people in and out of the country to go see AnCafe perform live, and a good amount of them are going only for that reason. I'm not speaking for Fanime, but I think those who had politely asked questions understand and appreciate the work staff is undergoing to manage the event. They're not whining or complaining, they're inquiring about something that concerns them because they're the ones spending the money to attend.

Asking for information is completely fine, and Fanime will most likely do their best to answer them. As long as no one is whining "WHAT, I HAVE TO GO THERE ARE GET MY TICKET MYSELF?! WHAT BS IS THIS." then there's no harm in asking. What is true is that this is how Fanime is being allowed to organize this. If they don't manage to get their ticket because of their own personal reasons, it isn't Fanime's fault.

I couldn't care less about the elitist Jrock fandom. I despise the whiny elitist delusional fangirl as much as the next guy, but they're still attendees. They have the right to ask about something they're concerned with. Let them be annoying, selfish, and condescending if they want to be. If they can't be understanding, tough shit. They'll have to deal with missing their chance to get a ticket if they don't manage to do so. There will always be idiots and selfish people to deal with-- it's part of the job. No one said staff had it easy.

But so far, honestly, the people who've asked seemed to be understanding and are appreciative of the information they're receiving.

Email me at [email protected] if you want to be a maid! Sign ups close in March! Hurry!
FanimaidCafe.com

ilusrion

They're right; we're all cafekkos and a lot of people are stressed out. I perceived the "fangirls" in question however to be very polite and thankful for the information they're receiving. It's very nice to hear some comforting words, even if we have to "hassle" the staff, as you put it.

Anyways, back on topic~ I'm really excited to see Antic Cafe, and so far, the ticketing sounds reasonable. As long as it's quick and easy, I don't think there will be much of a problem. If it's first come, first serve, so be it. I just don't want another S.K.I.N. concert retake. -shiver-

I think we should all be grateful and excited about this event! I decided to give up Anime Expo this year for Fanime, and I know that a lot of other people have made sacrifices, too. Although that can add to the pressure, doesn't it also make you feel more grateful? ^^ I'm grateful for the staff, personally, and thank them for giving us as much information to ease our minds as possible~

Tony

Wow, this got heated today...

We are trying our hardest to confirm and release information as quickly as possible. As you can imagine, with cultural, language, and even time differences, the process has been quite painful.

As the head of MusicFest, I accept responsibility for not pushing harder to get things done faster, and I'd like to apologize to all of the An Cafe fans who have been patiently waiting for updates. Trust me, I'm as uncomfortable as any of you, but I'm doing all I can to make sure that as many fans as possible get to enjoy an awesome concert and appearance by An Cafe.

That said, I've updated the schedule on the MusicFest page at http://www.fanime.com/musicfest/ . I'm wrapping up the ticketing policies and coordinating with events throughout the convention to distribute tickets as prizes... I would announce them now, but there's a few loose ends, and I've been working on this for about 12 hours straight. ^_^; So, more tomorrow.
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014