Guess..what ANTIC CAFE (AN CAFE) coming to fanime 08!

Started by darkknightcecil, January 13, 2008, 06:30:07 PM

jemz

Quote from: Tony on February 13, 2008, 10:59:03 PM
I guess we can say now that the title of this thread is pretty much accurate...  :)

More details in the coming days.

:D Yes, we can!

I'm pretty excited! *flails*

HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

EvilBunnyKid

Is FANIME the only stop in the U.S. for them?  And is it the Last Stop?!!!    That would be wonderful to be the final show of their TOUR!!!  Dont special things Happen on the last Show?!!!

IshokuOsero

Quote from: EvilBunnyKid on February 17, 2008, 02:28:02 PM
Is FANIME the only stop in the U.S. for them?  And is it the Last Stop?!!!    That would be wonderful to be the final show of their TOUR!!!  Dont special things Happen on the last Show?!!!

So far, yes, it's the only stop in the US and the last concert of their tour.
Go to www.ancafe-web.com and you'll see their tour dates and locations. =)

Piper

this is so exciting!!! i hope the line to go watch their performance isn't too long.

still not sure where the civic auditorium is though...does anyone else know?
Can't wait to see everyone!

Kazuko

ohhhh man the line is going to be super long for this!

Tony

Quote from: Piper on February 18, 2008, 07:40:09 PM
this is so exciting!!! i hope the line to go watch their performance isn't too long.

It's across the street from Fanime's main location at the San Jose Convention Center.

Here's the Civic's website:
http://www.sanjose.org/meetings/facilities/civic_aud.php
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

mrsanticafe

I'm getting really anxious and I wonder how the reception is going to work out. ^^

Acid_Android

Quote from: IshokuOsero on February 17, 2008, 09:18:03 PM

Er
< ファイナル ニャッピー0(≧∀≦)0>
05/31 Rolling Hall/Seoul(韓国)
※FCツアー有り!詳細はコチラ

I guess not anymore! They just added a new date in Seoul, South Korea and called it the final tour date.

......at least we're still the only US stop! (^^;  )
MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

JTchinoy

Just to let you know, we have a lot of people coming from Japan just for this concert :) so if you were worried about the American fans, add some Japanese fans too and that'll be the line ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Death_Note_Matt

I am so Damn excited about this it makes me so damn Happy XD
Another Player has Entered the Game

Piper

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 19, 2008, 03:39:41 PM

Just to let you know, we have a lot of people coming from Japan just for this concert :) so if you were worried about the American fans, add some Japanese fans too and that'll be the line ;)

augh, that makes me really worried D8 maybe i'll sneak into the side of the building and jump into one of the windows to get in hahah

welp, whatever happens shall happen!

and thanks for the info, Tony!!!
Can't wait to see everyone!

JTchinoy

Quote from: Piper on February 19, 2008, 08:37:14 PM
Quote from: JTchinoy on February 19, 2008, 03:39:41 PM

augh, that makes me really worried D8 maybe i'll sneak into the side of the building and jump into one of the windows to get in hahah

welp, whatever happens shall happen!

and thanks for the info, Tony!!!
Well now I know what to be careful of since I'm staff  ;D
j/k.  good luck with the line!! as much as i want to go i might sell my tickets to some japanese (from japan, none of you japanese americans!!!) people if i get some and i see they dont.  I'm not big on wasting someone's trip from Japan to America  ;)

Anti-Pocky Movement 201X

Touya no Miko

I've been wondering this, but will there be a chance to actually meet the band? Like an autograph session, because I'm buying gifts for them. If not, then I just wasted a couple of dollars. D:
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

IshokuOsero

Quote from: Acid_Android on February 19, 2008, 10:16:49 AM

Er
< ファイナル ニャッピー0(≧∀≦)0>
※FCツアー有り!詳細はコチラ

I guess not anymore! They just added a new date in Seoul, South Korea and called it the final tour date.

Ah, that wasn't there last time I checked. :o
I'm a bad cafekko, I suppose. Haha.

Acid_Android

Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 19, 2008, 10:57:11 PM
I've been wondering this, but will there be a chance to actually meet the band? Like an autograph session, because I'm buying gifts for them. If not, then I just wasted a couple of dollars. D:

If you check the schedule on the MusicFest site (http://www.fanime.com/musicfest), you'll see that there are a couple of autograph sessions for them! :D The schedule is subject to change of course.

As for gift-giving, please read the "About" section of the MusicFest site. v(^^;   )

Quote from: IshokuOsero on February 20, 2008, 01:30:31 AM
Quote from: Acid_Android on February 19, 2008, 10:16:49 AM

Er
< ファイナル ニャッピー0(≧∀≦)0>
※FCツアー有り!詳細はコチラ

Ah, that wasn't there last time I checked. :o
I'm a bad cafekko, I suppose. Haha.

Nuuu, you're not a bad cafekko! LOL, I've just been obsessively checking their live page everday to make sure we're still on there, haha. Still feels like I'm dreaming this all up, haha!

MusicFest Manager 2009-Present
2008 MusicFest Guest Handler
2007 MusicFest Staff
MusicFest on Twitter!

Touya no Miko

Damn, so we can't give it to them personally. Is this a new rule, or did we always have this? Last year, I gave gifts in person to bands.
OMG! What the Fugnuggets is going on?!

Mordyan

Quote from: Touya no Miko on February 20, 2008, 03:22:55 PM
Damn, so we can't give it to them personally. Is this a new rule, or did we always have this? Last year, I gave gifts in person to bands.
I am pretty sure the rule was in place last year and possibly has been for a while. That doesn't stop people obviously. I would think that they would have limited space to bring stuff back to Japan with them anyways.

I am really liking their new lineup. This is going to be a fun concert.

jemz

Quote from: JTchinoy on February 19, 2008, 10:11:20 PM
Well now I know what to be careful of since I'm staff  ;D
j/k.  good luck with the line!! as much as i want to go i might sell my tickets to some japanese (from japan, none of you japanese americans!!!) people if i get some and i see they dont.  I'm not big on wasting someone's trip from Japan to America  ;)

*blinks* MusicFest is a badged event and AnCafe's concert will be available to everyone with a badge. I don't see any tickets needed to go to their performance. Now "Meet the Guest" is a completely different story.
HR Staff
FanimeCon 2014 - 2018

Director of Extravaganzas
FanimeCon 2008 - 2012

Hey you are my PINKY // never cheat on me // 赤い糸で縛って

Tony

Damn, so we can't give it to them personally.
Not necessarily. We're just organizing it to make sure everyone's gifts get to the band efficiently, while also making sure there's nothing too crazy going on. (Like, "Ancafe, here's a lock of my hair and bottle of my tears. HAVE MY CHILDREN.")
Retired.
Tyrannical Board Admin, 2003-2015
Webmaster, 2003-2007
Head of MusicFest, which has the best damn staff out there, 2005-2008
Convention Chair, 2009-2011
Director of Guest Relations, 2012
Something with Guest Relations, 2013
Father, 2014

Long

Quote from: Tony on February 21, 2008, 02:25:59 PM
Damn, so we can't give it to them personally.
Not necessarily. We're just organizing it to make sure everyone's gifts get to the band efficiently, while also making sure there's nothing too crazy going on. (Like, "Ancafe, here's a lock of my hair and bottle of my tears. HAVE MY CHILDREN.")
Geeheehee. xD I love how we're back in the Civic Auditorium this year. I missed it. ;____; Whoo for AnCafe! Great job for getting them. =B I can't wait to see what other bands are coming as well. MusicFest... You are my one and only love. ;___;

By the way, do people who staff for MusicFest, typically get to enjoy the show. D: